What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Sure, please put in a bid for it immediately! :D

Its actually a good idea.. they shut off in 2013 anyway..
so we buy all the stuff.. get it over here. get mian saab involved.. set up a location near Raiwind..
perhaps BB's clan may want a stake..
and sell F-16's to everybody..maybe even to NK..

Back to the topic..
Its a very good precedent that TAI will be doing the upgrades here.. and not in Turkey.. sort of lets us keep the airframes under watch.

Its actually a good idea.. they shut off in 2013 anyway..
so we buy all the stuff.. get it over here. get mian saab involved.. set up a location near Raiwind..
perhaps BB's clan may want a stake..
and sell F-16's to everybody..maybe even to NK..

Back to the topic..
Its a very good precedent that TAI will be doing the upgrades here.. and not in Turkey.. sort of lets us keep the airframes under watch.

Dont forget the paya for Mian saheb for breakfast,lunch and dinner in the exec cafe teria
Araz

Since Lockhead , will shut down F16 unless more orders are attained if we are to get F16 from Norway might as well get brand new ones from USA get 30-40 new ones block C/D with AESA radar

Since Lockhead , will shut down F16 unless more orders are attained if we are to get F16 from Norway might as well get brand new ones from USA get 30-40 new ones block C/D with AESA radar

Those 30 - 40 will cost us more money then what we can get from Norway.

30-40 new f-16s will cost same as to get 120 j-10bs..so think about it!
or 160-180 jf-17s!

only viable option is good airframe second hand f-16s..that too in fewer numbers..i thin we should not take the number beyond 100..
as of now we have 63 (plus 14 already paid for we will get them some time=77) ..so if we add another 10-15 number will be near 100
we should try to get around 70-90 j-10s..this along with 250 jf-17 will give us a very strong airforce...

to counter the furure pakfa. we should try to get involve in proposed fifth gen single jet engine..in long run(10-15years) try to acquire 40-50 of them..

36 more F-16s with 500 more AMRAAMs, 100 F-16s in total 1000 AMRAAMs stairway to heaven.;)

Once again as i have said before and so have some others PAF always wanted to maintain a fleet of 100 vipers now will that happen i don't know but thats the wishful thought .

The PAF in the Afghan War - Shooting Down the First Soviet Aircraft

On August 4, 1988, PAF F-16 shot down Russian SU-25 and its pilot Colonel Rudskoi Alexander Vladimirovich who ejected was taken POW. Squadron Leader Athar Bukhari of No. 14 Squadron was the pilot of the F-16 while this night interception was conducted on radar by Squadron Leader Taufiq Raja.

PAF Falcons - The PAF in the Afghan War

AIM-9L, the LIMA. The "wish" missile, as in "I wish you were dead." BOOM, your wish comes true. Like magic. One of many reasons why extreme maneuverability is so over-rated.

Lockheed to provide F-16 upgrade kits to Pakistan - Brahmand.com
ISLAMABAD (PTI): The US Defence Department has awarded Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company, one of world's biggest defence production firms, a USD 42.3 million contract to provide 10 additional upgrade kits for Pakistan's F-16 aircraft, a media report said Thursday.
The contract has been awarded under the Foreign Military Sales programme, Pakistan's state-run news agency Associated Press of Pakistan said.
Lockheed Martin will provide upgradation kits for
the Pakistan F-16 A/B Block 15 Aircraft Enhanced
Modernisation Programme.
Meanwhile, the Express Tribune in a report said
the package includes 18 panel "simuspheres",
logistic support up to 21 months of which 12
months on-site and nine months on-call support
will be provided.
Various related hardware and software systems
are also included.
Incidentally, Pakistan had earlier ordered 50 JF-17
jets from China, its largest aircraft provider.
They are due to be delivered in six months, a
statement from the Defense Ministry of Pakistan
said.
Way back in June 2010, US delivered the first
batch of Block-52 F-16 Fighting Falcon jets to
Pakistan.
Pakistan paid USD 1.4 billion for the jets and an
additional USD 1.3 billion for the up gradation of
its previous fleet of the fighter jets, the report
said.

AIM-9L, the LIMA. The "wish" missile, as in "I wish you were dead." BOOM, your wish comes true. Like magic. One of many reasons why extreme maneuverability is so over-rated.

If you knew the effect of speed related to puling G's then you might understand that even a very agile missile can miss target in certain situations. Surely the kill zone is very big, it still is not 100% sure and there are CM to get the missile exploded before it hits target. Can't talk about that. Let me put it differently. If it was that good there was no need for AIM9X. And even that one is not 100% perfect.

I wonder what you call the 9 mike.. the think missile? think and the bad guy is dead??

You will end up making many critics with that statements here.. especially those whose Air force operates jets with that ability.
Perhaps if the F-22 wasnt thought up in the 90's.. and today.. it would not have TVC at all.

If you knew the effect of speed related to puling G's then you might understand that even a very agile missile can miss target in certain situations. Surely the kill zone is very big, it still is not 100% sure and there are CM to get the missile exploded before it hits target. Can't talk about that. Let me put it differently. If it was that good there was no need for AIM9X. And even that one is not 100% perfect.
He is ex-F15 Pilot man.He probably fired lots of missiles in air.I doubt it will be possible to avoid AIM9X unless the missile itself is buggy or simply jammed but by using TVC To avoid missile is pure pipe dream.

No missile is impossible to defeat, but it's getting very, very hard. And only getting worse.

Along with improved seeker sensitivity came much improved seeker slew rates, and even better, as things went digital, the algorithms that drove the missile-target intercept profile improved dramatically. For lack of a better term, missiles became smarter.

All of the orthoganol rolls at 9G in the world are going to have a tough time with a 30 to 50 G missile.

I think that "acceptable maneuverability" is the future, rather than "hyper-maneuverability." Most important are sensors, early acquisition, and range. Kill him before he kills (or even sees) you or your flight.

P.S. missiles are now smokeless, meaning, you can't see them. And if you can't see it, you cannot maneuver against it.

P.S. missiles are now smokeless, meaning, you can't see them. And if you can't see it, you cannot maneuver against it.

sounds quite scary....i guess the only indication that something is coming after you is when you are being painted and the audible warning comes on

so really then, what ARE you supposed to do in that situation? Full power, jettison tanks and looking wildly in all directions?

No missile is impossible to defeat, but it's getting very, very hard. And only getting worse.

Along with improved seeker sensitivity came much improved seeker slew rates, and even better, as things went digital, the algorithms that drove the missile-target intercept profile improved dramatically. For lack of a better term, missiles became smarter.

All of the orthoganol rolls at 9G in the world are going to have a tough time with a 30 to 50 G missile.

I think that "acceptable maneuverability" is the future, rather than "hyper-maneuverability." Most important are sensors, early acquisition, and range. Kill him before he kills (or even sees) you or your flight.

Chogy is that true that you are ex f-15 pilot ? or what other aircrafts have you flown ? sorry a bit of topic here .

Back
Top Bottom