What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

If this is true, it would seem logical since we bought a higher number of twin seaters than is normal...it would make most sense to do so in order to prepare a larger number of pilots as more f-16s join the service.
But Im not sure if further f-16 purchases are a good idea, do we really want to stay reliant on American hardware? I hope there is a very logical reason for such procurement.

looks like j10b induction had to be postponed and f16s were the option but is the u.s gonna sell more fighters considering the ongoing turmoil in relations ?

I knew it ... as i had said before PAF will try to get the 18 option on the vipers.. lets see..

looks like j10b induction had to be postponed and f16s were the option but is the u.s gonna sell more fighters considering the ongoing turmoil in relations ?
If i can recall the statement of Mr.Mukhtar, he said that Pakistan would love to shop as many F-16s (second hand) it can get from around. So effectively falcon induction was either
1) Independent of FC-20 purchases and PAF would be looking for expanding fleet.
2) FC-20 had encountered some delays and a quick fallback was required. But if this was true then it would only make sense if there were some serious threats to FC-20 program because having these vipers in fleet would mean that these would serve for at least 15 to 20 years.
In all, with Indian acquisitions lined up, PAF will not be merely replacing its fleet but an expansion is imminent either it come from greter FC-20s or JFTs

Seriously speaking this is a bad decision in my view. All those sanctions in last 60 + years weren't enough for the Pakistani establishment to realize that American hardware isn't good option for Pakistan. What the hell. . :disagree:

the above link says no progress in release of aggressor f16s nor the 'buying' of orions yet -- buying used f16s is understandable though , not new fighters

i guess either the chinese are funding the blk2 jft [50] completely which has enabled paf to divert the money for f16s , or the specs of fc20 reqiured by paf ,after acquiring f16 blk52 ,has gone up

maybe there is no hurry to buy fc20 since jf17 blk 2 is arriving even some of my friends who are senior engineers say that jf17's blk1 rcs is less than blk52+ . god knows whats in blk2

the above link says no progress in release of aggressor f16s nor the 'buying' of orions yet -- buying used f16s is understandable though , not new fighters

i guess either the chinese are funding the blk2 jft [50] completely which has enabled paf to divert the money for f16s , or the specs of fc20 reqiured by paf ,after acquiring f16 blk52 ,has gone up

two negotiation tracks are running at this time. the countries involved are US / Pak / Norway.

1- pak is interested in atleast 36 used norwegian F-16's which are 'excess' in norway.
2- pak is negotiating for atleast 18 new or EDA F-16s from the US.

its a slow process made even slower by the current state of relations between the two countries.

sir are these fighters already in storage or are operational with norway?
total f16s with norway 72 but operational 57 - so rest are either in storage or are destroyed
The operational F-16AM fighter will be replaced from 2016
Royal Norwegian Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i belive they are grounded as they squadrons they represent are disbanded. so available for sale/transfer. belgium has sold nearly 30 a/c to jordan after getting NOC from the US.

two negotiation tracks are running at this time. the countries involved are US / Pak / Norway.

1- pak is interested in atleast 36 used norwegian F-16's which are 'excess' in norway.
2- pak is negotiating for atleast 18 new or EDA F-16s from the US.
its a slow process made even slower by the current state of relations between the two countries.

About those F-16s from US.
We are planning to buy 18 F-16C Block 52. Those all would be equipped with CFTs.

About those F-16s from US.
We are planning to buy 18 F-16C Block 52. Those all would be equipped with CFTs.

I belive they would be equipped with cft's why not the last ones are as you can see.

If Pakistan do exercise the option for another 18 then will it be same as before?
i mean 12C and 6D?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom