What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

60300807_2224234187826018_1049051676217966592_n.jpg

Blast from the Past : AVM Jamal and Air Cdre MM Alam in USA after their evaluation of the F-16 Fighting Falcon. While PAF was being offered less capable A-7 and F-20 jets, the higher brass decided to stick to their demand for state of the art - World's First Fly by Wire Fighter!
FyQnDuxaUAA_rHl

Blast from the Past : AVM Jamal and Air Cdre MM Alam in USA after their evaluation of the F-16 Fighting Falcon. While PAF was being offered less capable A-7 and F-20 jets, the higher brass decided to stick to their demand for state of the art - World's First Fly by Wire Fighter!
FyQnDuxaUAA_rHl
This was when Jamal was DCAS(O) and was on the rise to become the next CAS. Alam was ACAS(flight safety) and on his way down..already showing signs of paranoia etc. he resigned / retired shortly after this

PAF F-16C with NATO E-3 in the background during AE'23. Link-16 enables PAF F-16s to integrate themselves with friendly Air Forces of Turkiye and GCC allied countries which mainly operate western weapon systems.
FyU5JYAakAMSbw9

This was when Jamal was DCAS(O) and was on the rise to become the next CAS. Alam was ACAS(flight safety) and on his way down..already showing signs of paranoia etc. he resigned / retired shortly after this
Hi
I don’t think he was showing signs of paranoia if that’s true
how can he manage flight safety just for the sake of info as
a Bengali he been denied the promotion though MM alam & Jamal khan both joined Air Force together in 1952
thank you

Hi
I don’t think he was showing signs of paranoia if that’s true
how can he manage flight safety just for the sake of info as
a Bengali he been denied the promotion though MM alam & Jamal khan both joined Air Force together in 1952
thank you
He became a mullah ..started behaving erratically.I saw him at the Peshawar mess with my dad once in 1982 ..he was fine ..my dad said hello and wanted to shake his hands and Alam kept saying “ chief of air staff might see us…shhh” ..and did not initially shake hands but my dad kept insisting so finally he came by to shake my dads hand…I thought this was a weird thing to do and I am sure my dad did too. They were both squadron commanders in sargodha during the 65 war so knew each other well…both reported to shamim and mitti Masud. Either way, can’t take away from the fact that he was one of the best if not the best pilots Paf has ever produced .huge respects to him but looks like mentally he was not well towards the latter part of his career.may allah bless his soul

Last edited:
FyQnDuxaUAA_rHl
Funny thing, I just sent this picture out to a few people - after a request came from a "certain" Squadron for their History Room.

Anatolian Eagle 2023 : Unique moment captured by
@cenkaycabuk35
when a PAF F-16 was launched by a joint team of Pakistani and Turkish Engineering Crew. The team jointly conducted Pre and Post flight inspection of the jet. Names of respective team leaders are on the F-16.
Fyg5KoraUAEZjHd

They got big machines, we got big balls...An F-16B MLU (TopGunX4) from No. 11 multirole squadron "Arrows" during Anatolian Eagle exercise.
FyjrUMjakAIZkb7

Back
Top Bottom