What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

plz clearify me..if one pilot can do everything wat we want him to.in war.then wat is the use of two seater aircraft......?

Yes as they say its not only the machine which flies but its the man in the Cockpit too , I have no Doubt to say that PAF deploys the VERY BEST pilots in whole Asia .

Twin seater jet is used for Combat training , means an instructor and the Trainee pilot , it is also used in Combat:tup:

plz clearify me..if one pilot can do everything wat we want him to.in war.then wat is the use of two seater aircraft......?

Tandem seat aircraft are specially useful in Ground Attack roles, precision guided weapon delivery in nowadays. The pilot can fly the aircraft, while the WSO can do the weapons delivery job. Other roles are used also in tandem seat aircraft.

What chances are there of Pakistan opting for another 18 of these aircrafts as per the contract.

In my opinion, if the conditions allow, than Pakistan should go for more latest f-16 fron USA.

F16 is un doubtly a really good platform specially for PAF but there is no one to assure us that we will get them deleivered in time. our past experience with US stops us from going for more F16 whereas the fighter characteristics push us to get them. so now it is a matter of our foreign policy, we we feel that times have changed and US will no more betray us then F16 is a potential buy. i guess it is as simple as this....
personally i am not in favour of going for more F16z, infact i am even against buying any military hardware from US as the study of previous deals with US are enough to teach me the lesson. i dont think the reliability of Pak-US relations need another check...

regards!

68cda502cca4a980aaa113a512fc06fb.jpg

HEY this pic is from gulf war in kuwait..right..?

Yes this picture belongs to Kuwait WAR and in this WAR i was in Kuwait :) when IRAQ attack on Kuwait....

Tandem seat aircraft are specially useful in Ground Attack roles, precision guided weapon delivery in nowadays. The pilot can fly the aircraft, while the WSO can do the weapons delivery job. Other roles are used also in tandem seat aircraft.

For DEZ....WSO is weapon system operator..Watch movie "Behind the Enemy Lines"

Hey i have seen that movie..About two pilots,their plane gets shot and one of them gets killed later.and the another how he escapes and then in the end his fellow soldiers saves him..

In the movie the rear pilot was called navigator.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited:
he was navigator.....

that was a naval carrier version of the FA-18 modified to carry out recce missions

as you could notice, it was carrying 2 aux fuel tanks and had a digital camera installed

Back
Top Bottom