What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

your point is valid however like i said we don't want to keep our F-16s up in the air unless absolutely necessary we need to use them sparingly! JF-17 will be our main work horse! besides F-16 Blk 52s range is 360 miles. Maximum ferry range 2450 miles with maximum external fuel (excluding 600gal. tanks or CFT's) .

that means we have enough fue to go to pathankot halwara & come back!!! and if i am not mistaken even a bombing mission over indian punjab is achievable....:pakistan:

so yes even though a refueller is useful! we can live without it! & spend money on acquring HAWKEYE 2D on our Orion platfroms for the naval air wing!

It is heard that 5 F16s Block 52 are coming to Pakistan in december 2009 and will be based at Jacobabad base...is it true?

i think so because if you look from satlite shahbaz air base is under heavy construction from last three years.also PIA weekly flight suspended to shahbaz air base.

Last edited:
9ec575080b4eb820eb310fcad868b0d0.jpg

these 18 new vipers are nothing less than a death warrant for the indian sukhois

I wouldn't go as far to say that these 18 vipers can kill the some 100 sukhoi. The viper is a great fighter but the sukhoi is a fighter with lots of amazing capabilities it self. Also the main fighter which is supposed to counter the sukhoi is the J-10.

I have a question?

How are PAF F-16 A/B and later C/D will refuel in mid-air from IL-78 tankers. The reason I ask this is because Like all American jets, F-16 uses the boom to refuel instead of the pods.

Can the IL-78B modified or F-16's for pod refueling.

Thanks!

One question arising in my mind is that..what we will do when it will be the time to say F16 goodbye...?i mean in smthng 2030 or any other year we will be retiring them..so then wat??should we then go for F35..?becz most of countries with F 16 are planning to replace F35 with their F16 in future..

One question arising in my mind is that..what we will do when it will be the time to say F16 goodbye...?i mean in smthng 2030 or any other year we will be retiring them..so then wat??should we then go for F35..?becz most of countries with F 16 are planning to replace F35 with their F16 in future..

Boss alot of answers are yet to be answerd for the present time and for the near future ... 2030 is out of the question lets see wat goes on and wat we will have the f-16's will be with us for some time to come.

I have just been to Dubai 2009 Airshow courtesy of SHELL who invited me to their hospitality suite. I only managed to watch part of the air show as I needed to get out before the evening rush hour. However I had a chance to observe the following among others:

1. Rafael
2. MB346
3. Super Mashaak
4. L-15
5. PC-21
6. F-22
7. F-16 Block 60
8. Euro copter Tiger Gunship

I was really impressed by the Chinese L-15 supersonic trainer, F-22 Raptor, F-16 block 60 and Tiger gunship. I know that F-16 is not a popular aircraft in this forum for whatever reason. IMO in the Block-60 guise F-16 is still more than a match for any aircraft except F-22

Back
Top Bottom