What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

As i said numerous times if azm is delayed and f16s dont come something else will be added for parity that something else can only be j10 (unless russia agrees to flanker with chinese equipment which it WONT )

I think PAF will probably think f16s arent possible and will take anything from there as a bonus

Afghanistan peace is Pakistan goal i doubt we will leverage that for mere f16

This why i would say we have no leverage in Afghanistan

One exception is if USA broke a deal between Taliban and nothern allaince..in that case if Pakistan can keep taliban check it may leverage some equipment but this is very unlikely
US has very short term memory;

Photo-3155.jpg

Dear PDF community,
I was wondering now that PAF has heavily invested in the JF17 Thunder programme and soon to roll out the block 3. What will happen to the Pakistani F16s, since PAF can not buy anymore or have them upgraded from US or its partner allies, correct me if I am wrong. Will PAF make there own upgrades on the F16 or, will the U.S complain as usual?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear PDF community,
I was wondering now that PAF has heavily invested in the JF17 Thunder programme and soon to roll out the block 3. What will happen to the Pakistani F16s, since PAF can not buy anymore or have them upgraded from US or its partner allies, correct me if I am wrong. Will PAF make there own upgrades on the F16 or, will the U.S complain as usual?
PAF just got them upgraded in early 2020 by USA

Last edited by a moderator:
52s I think but in future Pakistan can get Turkeys help to upgrade and modify them..
I see, is this because Turkey has technology transfer and license to build them, in future will the U.S object to Turkey facilitating Pakistani F16s? As of current Turkeys relationship with the U.S and Greece have soured.

I see, is this because Turkey has technology transfer and license to build them, in future will the U.S object to Turkey facilitating Pakistani F16s? As of current Turkeys relationship with the U.S and Greece have soured.
US stopped them from upgrading before but Pakistan can send its own people to train in Turkey and learn F16 stuff obviously not directly..

Yes, I understand that, but what about the "security technical team" that is monitoring the PAF and its F16s?

This is why we should not buy any American military hardware, no matter how good, we should focus on being self-reliant and make indigenous weapons, like the jf17. We should concentrate on domesticating our military hardware and infrastructure even further.

We should expel the technical security team, regardless of what terms and conditions. America is not what it used to be, its power/influence is diminishing. I find it frustrating they still have a lot of pressure on Pakistan.

Simple answer they aren't going anywhere for a while and why should they !!

Exactly, even with Block III and AZM, F-16s will make decent second line fighters for many years to come. All PAF has to do is worry about weapons/spares and attrition for the next 20 odd years.

Back
Top Bottom