What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

1600537315765.png

In a dive maybe but in a level flight it can be shot down by BVR

In a dive even the venerable Sabre could break the sound barrier. The niche for Mirage is it's strike capability and low level speed. Ask anyone who has flown DACT against Mirages and they'd tell you it's really difficult to catch it at low level.

In a dive even the venerable Sabre could break the sound barrier. The niche for Mirage is it's strike capability and low level speed. Ask anyone who has flown DACT against Mirages and they'd tell you it's really difficult to catch it at low level.

You need to understand that just alone speed in today's modern air warfare is not sufficient. Most BVR missiles can reach speeds up to mach 4-5 where as Mirage-III in a dive can achieve mach 2.2~.

Back in 2003 - I was staying in the kingdom tower in Riyadh and from my hotel room would see the Saudi pilots in hawks fly below me close to the tower while I enjoyed breakfast at the four seasons.
I saw their display for the first time at the Al Ain Air Show in 2005. Very impressive show. Maybe the Sherdils could learn a thing or too...

I saw their display for the first time at the Al Ain Air Show in 2005. Very impressive show. Maybe the Sherdils could learn a thing or too...
But *cough* *cough* as Pakistanis it is part of our national “sunnat” that the Saudis cant do the proverbial “istanjah” without us...

Let alone them have 10-1 kills against us in mock dogfights in one exercise.

You need to understand that just alone speed in today's modern air warfare is not sufficient. Most BVR missiles can reach speeds up to mach 4-5 where as Mirage-III in a dive can achieve mach 2.2~.

I know it extremely well that all these things that you mentioned matter and my reply was solely in response to the query regarding speed. The main role of Mirage in Paf is strike that's why there is increased emphasis on low level flying plus their speed gives them a big bonus in escaping any Interception at low level fullstop.

A higher Mach number only helps if you as a striker find out that you're being locked by a hostile AI radar and you egress the theatre at high speed increasing the distance between yourself and the hostile aircraft.

Also keep in mind a striker wouldn't go into the battle all by himself,all this is practised in LFE's, a prime example being 27th February.

Wish they could learn a thing or two from Egyptian K.8 aerobatic team,honestly their performance was much better.

But *cough* *cough* as Pakistanis it is part of our national “sunnat” that the Saudis cant do the proverbial “istanjah” without us...

Let alone them have 10-1 kills against us in mock dogfights in one exercise.
Their are quite a few RAF pilots in that team including the team leader.

A human being is an amazing thing n can do and achieve wt ever it sets it's mind to or at the very least die trying.
The saudis like the rest of the khaleejis have been held hostage by the insecurities of their rulers and the westerners who have bread them. like Norman Schwarzkopf said in his book that the " French and the Russians only taught the iraqis to take off and land and nothing in between making our job easier ".
Make no mistake in a shooting war these khaleejis will always come out second best.

Back
Top Bottom