What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

USA will block the sale. A few Block 32/42s from the Boneyard would be better both in terms of cost and longevity.

I think it is worth a try to make it happen. It makes logical sense for this for both Venezuela and the US. At the end of the day, the question can be asked did you try?

I think it is worth a try to make it happen. It makes logical sense for this for both Venezuela and the US. At the end of the day, the question can be asked did you try?
That was a silly question, be a little sensible. Obviously no but I know of some who tried.

That was a silly question, be a little sensible. Obviously no but I know of some who tried.

I meant rhetorically not literally "you". Such a thing cannot be tried by some it has to be tried by the top management including the PM.

Is it worth trying especially at the cost of antagonizing uncle sam even further.

PAC brought it back from the ICU..

93779901_2831484180292191_5118916678217891840_o.jpg
Is any image available before damage?

Is it worth trying especially at the cost of antagonizing uncle sam even further.

That is a very slave-minded answer. So some members are so afraid of the US that they cannot even dare ask them if so and so deal can happen or not. Wow. Well not unexpected.

USA will block the sale. A few Block 32/42s from the Boneyard would be better both in terms of cost and longevity.
@Knuckles
Do we know roughly the price of a 16/32-42 from the US bone yard(leavingaside the debate of whetherwe will be allowed or not). If we are trying to upgrade to 52 standard upgrade kit alone will be20 million a pop. If 72 then we are looking at ???30 to 35 million a pop.
A

That is a very slave-minded answer. So some members are so afraid of the US that they cannot even dare ask them if so and so deal can happen or not. Wow. Well not unexpected.
Sadly that's the truth so deal with it.

As of today, If someone were to ask PAF about this, a very interesting answer would be forthcoming.

Lets see which member actually delivers the goods. :enjoy:

Since we are on the topic from Post #12680
@Knuckles @Adam_Khan @araz

On the Topic: New fighter for PAF Doctrine? (page 57 and 59)

Three very knowledgeable Members, such as yourselves have clearly stated that those F-16's in the boneyard in Arizona are not available to Pakistan.
1. If used F-16s were available, then the PAF would've gotten them.
USA has 400 f16 c/d in the boneyard
But they arent available for pakistan ..
Only for close allies
Less than $30M for a Block 52

Not available for sale. Simple.

Unless they go through EDA process and congress approves it. There are no USAF F-16s available for Pakistan
Not to stir up a fight, but seems like a pretty All-Star cast of PDF.

I already got my answer from the Big-3. So, let me rephrase the Question on this Topic...

Q. Could the PAF pursue the used F-16's (Block 32/42)?

Note: Noting that no official word if we have attempted to purse them.

- Kinda like a 3-on-3 contest -​

Three very knowledgeable Members, such as yourselves have clearly stated that those F-16's in the boneyard in Arizona are not available to Pakistan.

I already got my answer from the Big-3. So, let me rephrase the Question on this Topic...

From what I've heard they did attempt but the response wasn't positive, many would disagree with me but reality is that F.16 remains the favourite toy of our airforce and they will keep on trying to find ways to increase the number of vipers.

In theory, yes, the PAF can pursue used F-16s. Pakistan is (on paper) a Major Non-NATO Ally (MNNA) and can request access to mothballed ex-US equipment, and only pay for refurbishing them (under the Excess Defence Articles) program.

But when it comes to Pakistan, the theory doesn't apply.

The US isn't in the mood to help Pakistan get militarily stronger (as that'd concern India, which the US is working to get on board to help contain China).

The US wants normalization of ties between India and Pakistan (read: for India to get what it wants so that it can focus on China ... aka de-fang Pakistan).

The US is not going to de-fang Pakistan, but it doesn't want to sharpen those fangs either -- unless now India becomes a threat to the US.

That latter issue is at play from a policy standpoint, which has made getting used US equipment difficult for Pakistan. It's not just the F-16s, but also old helicopters, C-130s, old frigates, etc, you name it.

TLDR: The PAF is on everyone's sh!t list, more so than even the Pak Army or Pak Navy. Basically, air power is a strategic asset, especially if you have offensively capable assets and the freedom to equip, configure and deploy them at will.

And Pakistan is currently in a situation where it is an indirect threat to US interests (i.e., diverting India's attention away from China). The US will deny us that asset.

So, the only way to break from that is to (1) structurally transform your economy and get a miracle in your name so that you can outspend India on defence and/or (2) get solutions of your own like Project AZM.

Last edited:
But when it comes to Pakistan, the theory doesn't apply.

TLDR: the PAF is on everyone's sh!t list.
That theory & sh!t list should have been amended before we went into brokering the Afghan Peace Deal.

That was our (only) trump card which we outta have played before getting our feet wet.

And i'm not just talking about just F-16's but in terms of Hercs & Helicopters. Yeah sure everyone here has a solution for F-16's is Block III. But what're we supposed to do 'bout the rest. Who do we approach?

That theory & sh!t list should have been amended before we went into brokering the Afghan Peace Deal.

That was our (only) trump card which we outta have played before getting our feet wet.

And i'm not just talking about just F-16's but in terms of Hercs & Helicopters. Yeah sure everyone here has a solution for F-16's is Block III. But what're we supposed to do 'bout the rest. Who do we approach?
Contrary to popular belief we too are desperate for withdrawal of US from Afghanistan. US in Afg means India in Afg means the western border will be hot means less attention on LOC and eastern WB.l which we cannot sustain.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom