What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Come on :disagree::disagree:
No to F-15 or 18, for that we would need up gradations in current facilities to facilitate the maintenance as well as stock up spares in case of sanctions. Secondly, USA won’t give us such and neither do we have the capacity to buy it.Qatar buying around 4 billion whole package blk 72 is not cheap either.

PERIOD
F15-18 not expensive pretty much at range of Blk 72 with F16 engine it won't be an issue spares are not issue as well friendly countries have them also U can make it part of deal.

RA'AD is enough. India has good AD System. Not easy for deep strike unless the jet is Fifth Generation
We still need dedicated deep strike platform twin engine.

F15-18 not expensive pretty much at range of Blk 72 with F16 engine it won't be an issue spares are not issue as well friendly countries have them also U can make it part of deal.

We still need dedicated deep strike platform twin engine.
Did u see the price of Qatari F15 deal? 12 billion for 36

No F-15s or F-18s are coming in the next 20 years.

I dont know from does this notion come from.

We simply dont have the money. Neither would Congress allow such a powerful aircraft to be exported to a country which gets cozy with Chinese. Its 2020, and US personnel at Sargodha and Jaccoabad are still paranoid about Chinese around.

So far Govt is sitting tight let's see what comes out from box as one respected member @Knuckles last Year IK trip to DC US offered F15 E to PAF. LM is doing fine with F35 and still F16 is selling like hott cakes its Boeing which needs orders like they cutting down production of F18 super Hornets. Not many F15 E orders in pipeline. Let's see what PAF after this time door is open for PAF. PAF wants payment through CSF which needs to be resolve after peace deal I believe this issue will resolve as well its about 8-10 billions

I presume its Boeing that offered the F-15, an aircraft that Pakistan is not even interested in, and still not interested in. Does India even want to induct another US fighter and all that it entails? And it's the E model, not the new EX model that USAF is interested in.

Whatever equipment manages to acquire for US, a few hurdles must be cleared. The peace plan with Afghanistan will need to be finalized and signed. Then the issue of CSF will need to be restored. As for how much CSF Pakistan will be compensated is still up in the air. The claim of $8-10 billion is being claimed by Pakistan, something the US may not agree with. Still, this will be an issue that Congress will decide as they are the ones who write the checks.

Just to put a hold on this narrative, POTUS can overpass congress in this case. Ref: last KSA selling. The issue isn't either POTUS or Congress but more about paying upfront as compare to utilizing FMS & CSF.

Regards,

The KSA deal was forced through because Trump claimed it was a national security issue. Something Congress -- both Democrats and Republicans -- were not happy about. It will be interesting to see if Trump tries to do the same thing with Pakistan, considering there's no emergency or national security. How can they be when US is withdrawing from Afghanistan?

It's interesting that Pakistan thinks it will get more than the usual from US: F-16 Blocks 70s, V upgrades for existing F-16s, AIM-9x, AIM-120D, etc. I know the Khafee leaks say otherwise, but I have doubts. Why would US give Pakistan a conventional edge over India?

I presume its Boeing that offered the F-15, an aircraft that Pakistan is not even interested in, and still not interested in. Does India even want to induct another US fighter and all that it entails? And it's the E model, not the new EX model that USAF is interested in.

Whatever equipment manages to acquire for US, a few hurdles must be cleared. The peace plan with Afghanistan will need to be finalized and signed. Then the issue of CSF will need to be restored. As for how much CSF Pakistan will be compensated is still up in the air. The claim of $8-10 billion is being claimed by Pakistan, something the US may not agree with. Still, this will be an issue that Congress will decide as they are the ones who write the checks.

The KSA deal was forced through because Trump claimed it was a national security issue. Something Congress -- both Democrats and Republicans -- were not happy about. It will be interesting to see if Trump tries to do the same thing with Pakistan, considering there's no emergency or national security. How can they be when US is withdrawing from Afghanistan?

It's interesting that Pakistan thinks it will get more than the usual from US: F-16 Blocks 70s, V upgrades for existing F-16s, AIM-9x, AIM-120D, etc. I know the Khafee leaks say otherwise, but I have doubts. Why would US give Pakistan a conventional edge over India?

Even if we get what you are saying it will be balancing out no giving an edge if compared to Rafales and meteors.

American when they want they can declare anything national security. Pak case they declare ISIS or Iran anything nobody question. It's business anyway.

Last edited:
Or New off the shelf and used as many as we can get along V AESA upgrades yes alot of AMRAAM Rrounds

There is no such thing as "new off the shelf" when it comes to fighter jets. Each batch is custom built for the clients specific requirements, and no 2 air arms have the same specification.

PAF gets all it needs in a fighter jet with F-16s, If indeed PAF is able to get its hands on Block-72 and rest are upgraded to V, then there shouldn't be a need for F-15E/X or whatever designation you would prefer with it.

F-15 would have made sense if PAF didn't have the JF-17 and instead had large number of F-16, then the F-15 could have provided the top cover for the F-16s, a role which is currently played by F-16s in the PAF colors.

F-15s are one heck of a platform, but not for a resource ($) constraint air-force, no matter how bad we would like to see it in PAF inventory.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom