What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

As long as we don't modify our F-16s or tinker with it in any way and we don't use it as an aggressive first strike platform against India inside Indian territory ... then we don't violet any agreement with the US govt.

Whether the US would sell us a Tanker? Not likely. But if we can modify some existing tanker, the US may not like it ... but cannot stop us.

Probably we have not done it already because it costs a lot of money to do these things and we already have to pay for ...
1. Building new Thunders
2. Acquiring/Building new Submarines from China
3. Acquiring/Building new Frigates From China
4. Building new Tanks
5. Acquiring Gunships
6. Acquiring plethora of support platforms and vehicles for the Army, Air Force and the Navy
7. New munitions
8. Maintenance & Operational costs of existing equipment (for all three services)
9. Upkeep and Expansion of our strategic and Unconventional Arsenal
etc. etc.

We have enough on our plates at the moment to pay for IMHO. But the Il-78P Midas AAR platforms are there for the air borne replenishment for our Thunders and Mirages. So maybe F-16 specific AARs, under current circumstances, may not be in high in priority.

Where is the evidence for these conditions? Please stop making up your own facts!

It's worth noting that China was rumoured to have been experimenting with boom refuelling.
Do you think the US will allow our F-16 to be fueled up by a Chinese Tanker having such a capability?

The Chinese would first need a F-16 as a Test Bed. Even if they were able to make one, the Americans could come up with something looney like the boom would draw all the tech from the Falcon whilst in midair.

It has been out there on the net for almost a decade. Kindly google, you may be able to find it.

You can’t google because it doesn’t exist. Stop spreading phony rumors. Moderators please maintain forum integrity @waz

We can't arm F-16s with SOWs. Can we???

Only with US origin ones, if available to PAF. Code is not available to modify / update to add in house solutions. It would be futile to compare JF-17 solutions and or 50+ year old M3/5 with F-16 options.

It has been out there on the net for almost a decade. Kindly google, you may be able to find it.
this is simple BS then anything else . tell me why paksitan can not use these f-16 ? india was US partner in 1981 when we signed contract ? there is no such thing it was massive indian propaganda recent years when they failed to stop our f-16 deals .

go back to the highlighted text in my reply and then answer.
the only sole purpose of 111 f-16 deal was to counter rising Indian threat in early 1980 . we received 40 of them and still they were enough to counter india in 90s . india was deep soviet partner those days and USA have no interest in india in 1981 .

this is simple BS then anything else . tell me why paksitan can not use these f-16 ? india was US partner in 1981 when we signed contract ? there is no such thing it was massive indian propaganda recent years when they failed to stop our f-16 deals .
Simmer down friend. The stipulations were about the Peace Drive F-16 Block-52+ deal at around in 2006 (approx) and but not sure whether those stipulations also were applicable to the TAPE-5 MLU-ed existing Block-15 F-16s of the PAF after their upgrade. The Indian lobby had been working to get the deal scuttled saying that these F-16s would be used against India and not the terrorists. It was all over the electronic and print media back then.

You can’t google because it doesn’t exist. Stop spreading phony rumors. Moderators please maintain forum integrity @waz
Brother I had saved links about how the Israelis had been behind the 9/11 fiasco ... videos and articles ... all gone. I can say with surety that this had been common back then and even afterwards. I will search for the original pieces on local news papers even when I have a bit more free time. But I am perplexed no info is coming up on the issue.

the only sole purpose of 111 f-16 deal was to counter rising Indian threat in early 1980 . we received 40 of them and still they were enough to counter india in 90s . india was deep soviet partner those days and USA have no interest in india in 1981 .

Thank you.

members these days are running wild repeating wild and phony claims and using “go google” as a card to escape accountability. Moderators should act before this forum degenerates even further. A member the other day claimed that in exchange for not pursuing the AZM program, the US offered Pakistan few squadrons of the F-18 jets. This was followed by almost three pages of discussions on this. It’s getting out of hand.

Simmer down friend. The stipulations were about the Peace Drive F-16 Block-52+ deal at around in 2006 (approx) and but not sure whether those stipulations also were applicable to the TAPE-5 MLU-ed existing Block-15 F-16s of the PAF after their upgrade. The Indian lobby had been working to get the deal scuttled saying that these F-16s would be used against India and not the terrorists. It was all over the electronic and print media back then.

Brother I had saved links about how the Israelis had been behind the 9/11 fiasco ... videos and articles ... all gone. I can say with surety that this had been common back then and even afterwards. I will search for the original pieces on local news papers even when I have a bit more free time. But I am perplexed no info is coming up on the issue.

The only restrictions are China specific and it relates to protecting US technology. It has nothing to do with India. Pakistan is free to use its f-16s as it sees fit.

Do you think the US will allow our F-16 to be fueled up by a Chinese Tanker having such a capability?

The Chinese would first need a F-16 as a Test Bed. Even if they were able to make one, the Americans could come up with something looney like the boom would draw all the tech from the Falcon whilst in midair.
It seems only US-designed aircraft use boom refuelling, so in all likelihood, the Chinese would probably emulate what works than to design their own standard. The boom configuration information isn't just available to the US, the Europeans and Israelis have it as well (to make their respective tanker designs).

As for implementation, the key is to get the Chinese boom system onto a commercial airliner, like a used Airbus, and not really talk about it (or pretend it's a Pakistani solution).

they sale f-16 to iraq did you notice sir ?those f-16 are to fight terror only .-
while PAF order was world largest single AIM-120 missile contract . tell me please which terrorist air force they use these AMRAAMs? JHMS ? AIM-9 ? ALQ131?

if indians claim such things i never mind but when our own people fall in propaganda i really feel bad . there is no such deal . only deal was not to mix with chines and do not transfer f-16blk 52 to china . for saving US tech to fall in chines hands .

In all honesty, I never knew the was a KC-767 ever built or is currently operating.

The KC-767 is pretty much the same dimensions of a B767-200 and is currently serving in Four Air Forces. 4 x Japan. 4 x Italy. 1 x Brazil. 1 x Columbia. That's it. Only 11 Produced.

The KC-46 (Pegasus) is a tad bigger than the B767-200, but relatively smaller than a B767-300.

It would be great if we could get our hands on some B767 & convert 'em into our own Refueling Tankers.

Boys From Niner on CAP.

cockpit.png

Back
Top Bottom