What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

We're probably not going to get them, US blocks on 3rd party transfers and all. That said, increasing the PAF Block 15 fleet to 5-6 squadrons with on average 16-18 planes each would be nice.

Pakistan Have bought Jordanian F-16 which too was a third party transfer after prior approval of US . As Us Pakistan relation seems relatively good I think Pakistan must exploit the opportunity . after SLEEP its life can increase to thousand hour more .

You're welcome fellas
C5 bruh.jpeg

I think its a stop gap buy only but certainly these jets are better than the ADF versions we are flying. But in the end cost will be a major driver. How much are they looking to sell these for. If we can buy all the associated maintenance equipment and gigs as well for in-house overhauls, that would be the real deal. PAF would then be doing with F-16s what its done with Mirage 3/5s for decades!

Pakistan Have bought Jordanian F-16 which too was a third party transfer after prior approval of US . As Us Pakistan relation seems relatively good I think Pakistan must exploit the opportunity . after SLEEP its life can increase to thousand hour more .
I think its a stop gap buy only but certainly these jets are better than the ADF versions we are flying. But in the end cost will be a major driver. How much are they looking to sell these for. If we can buy all the associated maintenance equipment and gigs as well for in-house overhauls, that would be the real deal. PAF would then be doing with F-16s what its done with Mirage 3/5s for decades!
Is there any official news from PAF / Pak army/Pak Goverment that they know about it and considering a deal ??

Is there any official news from PAF / Pak army/Pak Goverment that they know about it and considering a deal ??
If we are talking 1200 hrs how are they better than the Jordanian birds all of which had 2k+ hours on the frame? I am just trying to understand where you are coming from so no disrespect meant.
Regards
A

If we are talking 1200 hrs how are they better than the Jordanian birds all of which had 2k+ hours on the frame? I am just trying to understand where you are coming from so no disrespect meant.
Regards
A

In respect to the avionics perhaps? Norwegian birds are running OFP Tape 5.1 which would be the same as our MLUs, unless by some fluke we got the 6.5?

In respect to the avionics perhaps? Norwegian birds are running OFP Tape 5.1 which would be the same as our MLUs, unless by some fluke we got the 6.5?

OFP 6.5 tape means the M6 tape being introduced in 2011?

Interestingly is the same year that our first MLU was in test flight.

They are in NATO and would have the most up to date MLU tape. Some of the elements of it would be reverted back unless approved by Congress and the DoD depending on whom they sell them to.

They are in NATO and would have the most up to date MLU tape. Some of the elements of it would be reverted back unless approved by Congress and the DoD depending on whom they sell them to.

Belgium & Norway did not opt for latest Tape updates after 5.1 as they were already inducting F-35 in replacement of existing F-16s. The report suggest that they were offered but did not interest.

Isn't PAF trying to get more vipers from the US ?

Back
Top Bottom