What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I know it was a rhetorical question. Just thought to build on your question. :-)

Meteor indeed is concerning and the only answer for it we seem to have right now is PL-15, a missile that might still be under trial phase. For some reason the PAF commanders also do not appear to have employed SD-10 against the IAF on 27th Feb. That was the best time to test a Chinese A2A missile.

They would go with tried and tested AMRAMMS rather than SD-10 isnit it ? Why would they test something against an adversary.

They can't carry AMRAAM'S,they were only supposed to carry AIM.7 sparrows which btw are not in our service.

I'm not sure where you got that from, they can in fact carry slammers (whether the B or C that's an entirely different matter) though pairing the C-5s with the APG-68V9 makes a lot more sense than the rather elementary APG-66A on the ADFs.

Attachments

• Welp 2.jpg
    Welp 2.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 46
They can't carry AMRAAM'S,they were only supposed to carry AIM.7 sparrows which btw are not in our service.

All ADF F-16s were designed for air defense by US national guards units. This required that all of them are capable of carrying 6 sparrows or AIM-120 AMRAAMs

Jordan's Peace Falcon 1 ADFs that PAF now operates are no exception. By the way, PAF does have sparrows in it's inventory.

They would go with tried and tested AMRAMMS rather than SD-10 isnit it ? Why would they test something against an adversary.
I concur with your assessment, lobbing an SD-10 would have been perfect testing scenario in multiple angles.

It was a rhetorical question my friend Any way thanks for info

Mki or Rafael it’s not single ac performance in a mission it’s combined effect as with awacs and data link u do not need a radar on every fighter
How do u think mirage5 in paf gets air/radar Pic

As One Israeli general pilot stated after Bella valley ops give our equipment to Arabs and their to us we will still win

The only weapon of concern is meteor on Rafael but it was not provided to Egypt only mica and not sure about Qatar and India
As Giora Epstien notes, he rather fly Neshers/M3/5 as they give him real flying experience and oneness with the plane vs f-16s.

My intention was not to create another discussion point they are capable I am sure as it was stated by paf on the program covering no 19 Sqn

I was just looking for a pic

End of story

Back
Top Bottom