What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

AM Viper.jpg

It was for the time being with its powerful radar and BVR missiles. But once PAF acquired Block 52+ and the older versions got MLU that superiority got significantly diminished. We all knew this would happen with the more advance F-16s. In lay terms Su-30 might be able to see F-16 first but the F-16 equipped with AIM-120 would be first to fire.

In terms of perceived threat IAF's acquisition of Su-30MKI may have taken place keeping not just Pakistan in mind but China. They didn't have long range platform to counter/threaten China with, but even with Su-30MKI they failed to achieve that. All major Chinese cities are in the far East, out of IAF's reach. Whereas possible/potential/probable deployment of long range assets by PLAAF could put Delhi in their range. I think IAF would have known this when they decided to induct Su-30MKI. They needed something tactical like Mirage-2000s but instead got Su-30MKI got shoved into their hands. Thus, the acquisition of Su-30MKI primarily appears to have taken place for political and prestige purpose. India perhaps wanted to show off its air power superiority to the region and the world in the wake of first gulf war where US showed that having a powerful air force could have profound impact on both friends and foes.

It appears that the problem with Su-30 in the 1990's - when Indian decided to acquire them - was that its development had been hampered by the collapse of the Soviet Union. I think it didn't even have Friend-or-Foe identification at the time of Kargil war. Indians probably thought they could fill in the technological holes by incorporating European & Israeli avionics. That doesn't appears to have gone well either. The aircraft spent more time in maintenance then in the air. The Russians seem to have same problem and thus capped Su-30's induction and diverted their attention to Su-35. The Chinese began seeking local solutions for their own Su-30 and ended up reverse engineering the technology and acquired Su-35 also.

I don't know how two Su-30MKIs are going to counter one F-16 though. The chances of two finding one F-16 operating alone are quite slim. Two targeting one would give chance to other PAF assets to target those two distracted Su-30MKIs.

It was a rhetorical question my friend Any way thanks for info

Mki or Rafael it’s not single ac performance in a mission it’s combined effect as with awacs and data link u do not need a radar on every fighter
How do u think mirage5 in paf gets air/radar Pic

As One Israeli general pilot stated after Bella valley ops give our equipment to Arabs and their to us we will still win

The only weapon of concern is meteor on Rafael but it was not provided to Egypt only mica and not sure about Qatar and India

Last edited:
It was a rhetorical question my friend Any way thanks for info

Mki or Rafael it’s not single ac performance in a mission it’s combined effect as with awacs and data link u do not need a radar on every fighter
How do u think mirage5 in paf gets air/radar Pic

As One Israeli general pilot stated after Bella valley ops give our equipment to Arabs and their to us we will still win

The only weapon of concern is meteor on Rafael but it was not provided to Egypt only mica and not sure about Qatar and India

I know it was a rhetorical question. Just thought to build on your question. :-)

Meteor indeed is concerning and the only answer for it we seem to have right now is PL-15, a missile that might still be under trial phase. For some reason the PAF commanders also do not appear to have employed SD-10 against the IAF on 27th Feb. That was the best time to test a Chinese A2A missile.

Inter Squadron Armament Competition 2019 (ISAC) of PAF will kick off from next week at Sonmiani Range, Balochistan. A Fire Power Demonstration by all PAF Fighter aircraft will also be held.

72321637_10157648101859919_7431700139833556992_n.jpg

no need to carry that many AMRAAMs unless required. the AMRAAMs have a limited number of takes off and landings they are allowed to perform before their life expires and they need to be replaced.

In operational combat use, the need is there. For current CAP, etc, there is no need.

no need to carry that many AMRAAMs unless required. the AMRAAMs have a limited number of takes off and landings they are allowed to perform before their life expires and they need to be replaced.

In operational combat use, the need is there. For current CAP, etc, there is no need.
We bought 500. Wonder how many are left. Kashmir hostilities really tested PAFs resources and spares.

Missiles do have shelf life and mostly that has to do with there batteries, I doubt they have take off or landings specific limits....

Back
Top Bottom