What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

The salty sea air is also said to have taken toll on the air frames.
They are primarily based out at NAS Fallon which is at Nevada, so pretty dry out there. They don't fly out of any coastal naval air stations. They used to fly out of coastal naval air stations with the F-16Ns, which is a different aircraft compared to the former destined PAF aircraft. Those F-16Ns were based at NAS (now MCAS) Miramar and NAS Key West (literally beside the water).

Last edited:
They are primarily based out at NAS Fallon which is at Nevada, so pretty dry out there. They don't fly out of any coastal naval air stations. They used to with the F-16Ns, which is a different aircraft compared to the former destined PAF aircraft. Those F-16Ns were based at NAS (now MCAS) Miramar and NAS Key West (literally beside the water).

In 2002, the US finally stopped trying to sell the aircraft and decided to assign them to the USAF and US Navy to fill the Aggressor role. After the demise of the (T)F-16N aggressor force, the US Navy lacked a high-performance aggressor aircraft. Because of the low airframe life of the embargoed Pakistani F-16s, these airframes were ideally suited for the demanding aggressor role. The 28 aircraft were thus evenly split between the USAF and the US Navy, and will take a vital role in DACT training of US forces.

In 2002, the US finally stopped trying to sell the aircraft and decided to assign them to the USAF and US Navy to fill the Aggressor role. After the demise of the (T)F-16N aggressor force, the US Navy lacked a high-performance aggressor aircraft. Because of the low airframe life of the embargoed Pakistani F-16s, these airframes were ideally suited for the demanding aggressor role. The 28 aircraft were thus evenly split between the USAF and the US Navy, and will take a vital role in DACT training of US forces.

Incorrect. The USAF AGRS' chose block 30/32 Vipers over our Block 15s.

Incorrect. The USAF AGRS' chose block 30/32 Vipers over our Block 15s.
The USAF Aggressors fly C/D models but the jets that were sent to USAF from the PAF batch ended up at Edwards AFB, assigned with the flight test squadrons.

_20180401_115625.JPG
picture of PAF F-16 taken by me from Monal restaurant islamabad.

yup it is a thunder, look at nose, wings
Yes, now that i zoom in , i can see the "Chaand Sitaara" on the Thunder belly :D

Monal is a high vantage point but too far, i should have stopped at Daman-e-Koh.
Also the cloud cover and haze made photography very difficult. Planes were barely visible and nearly impossible to track through the zoom lens. (Picture was taken on the second rehearsal 21st March)

Back
Top Bottom