What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Cause was trim failure in the flight controls. Pilot ejected but chute didn't deploy. Formation went normally as planned. Nobody heard anything on the radio until they were done with the flypast (my dad flew left wing in the lead formation with the F-16s).

ACM Jamal flew in an F-16B with Wing Commander Amjad Javed in the backseat as a safety pilot. After they landed at Chaklala, Amjad Javed then took off and flew the F-16A solo demo.
Beg to differ...ACM Jamal always flew solo and infact me made a point of that in all his fly pasts.. it was Shamim that flew dual and then I think most ACMs flew solo until Kaleem Saadat I think. Also secondly, I don't think the flypast went normally...just watch the A5 formation...I have never seen it in such a chaos ever before

Beg to differ...ACM Jamal always flew solo and infact me made a point of that. it was Shamim that flew dual. I don't think the flypast went normally...just watch the A5 formation...I have never seen it in such a chaos ever before
The F-16 flown by Amjad Javed vs ACM Jamal were two different F-16s which was always the case in all March 23 flypasts. Note the white smoke trailer containers on wingtips in Amjad's F-16 and no center line fuel tank. Jamal's F-16 had a center line fuel tank and no smoke trail containers. I lived in Chaklala so Jamal's F-16 (and this is true for all ACMs) landed in Chaklala but another F-16 for the aerobatics flew directly from Sargodha (in this case flown by Amjad Javed) and landed back in Sargodha...trust me I know this as I lived there and my dad worked directly with Jamal. Jamal always practiced a few sorties prior to the show

Last edited:
Beg to differ...ACM Jamal always flew solo and infact me made a point of that. it was Shamim that flew dual. I don't think the flypast went normally...just watch the A5 formation...I have never seen it in such a chaos ever before

The F-16 flown by Amjad Javed vs ACM Jamal were two different F-16s which was always the case. Note the white smoke trailers in Amjad's F-16 and no center line fuel tank. Jamal's F-16 had a center line fuel tank. I lived in Chaklala so Jamal's F-16 (and this is true for all ACMs) landed in Chaklala but another F-16 for the aerobatics flew directly from Sargodha (in this case flown by Amjad Javed). I know this because I lived in CHaklala and used to watch ACM's F-16 land but the other F-16 flew directly from Sargodha and landed there...so two different F-16s
It was a No.14 squadron jet flown in a few days before to Chaklala for the solo demo(serial 726). ACM Jamal flew in the 2 seater with Amjad Javed in the back before he took off again and flew in the solo jet.

It was a No.14 squadron jet flown in a few days before to Chaklala for the solo demo(serial 726). ACM Jamal flew in the 2 seater with Amjad Javed in the back before he took off again and flew in the solo jet.
All I know is that up until 1986 Jamal few solo so not sure why he would fly dual with GIBS in 1987...does not sound right...

All I know is that up until 1986 Jamal few solo so not sure why he would fly dual with GIBS in 1987...does not sound right...
Also I can tell you for sure, the F-16 for the aerobatics (flown by Amjad in this case) was always flown from Sargodha and landed in Sargodha as I lived right next to the runway in Chaklala and could see what is coming in an out of the airport. The ACM's F-16 started in Sargodha in the morning and landed in Chaklala which I could always see landing. I have been closely monitoring this until 1986 but then I left for Karachi...so not sure why in 1987 things would change..so I would beg to differ from your opinion on this. Also, Jamal would always fly solo and unclear why he would fly dual since he was an expert F-16 flier (one of the first Pakistanis who few the F-16 along with MM Alam)

Also I can tell you for sure, the F-16 for the aerobatics (flown by Amjad in this case) was always flown from Sargodha and landed in Sargodha as I lived right next to the runway in Chaklala and could see what is coming in an out of the airport. The ACM's F-16 started in Sargodha in the morning and landed in Chaklala which I could always see landing. I have been closely monitoring this until 1986 but then I left for Karachi...so not sure why in 1987 things would change..so I would beg to differ from your opinion on this. Also, Jamal would always fly solo and unclear why he would fly dual since he was an expert F-16 flier (one of the first Pakistanis who few the F-16 along with MM Alam)
ACM Jamal that year could have not been current to fly solo in the F-16. And my dad ferried the F-16 "726" over to Chaklala a few days before the March 23rd parade. Amjad Javed flew the solo display (and unfortunately lost his wings a few months later in a friendly fire incident). Also most of the information I know are either from my father AND the No.14 Squadron history book by A/C Khaleel Ahmed.

Person narrating in this video was an F-16 pilot who once locked onto an IAF MiG-25 when it crossed the border back in the early 1990s.

wow - ACM Jamal was very very low...you don't see the CAS flying this low nowadays...the Mirage and A5 formation was a complete disaster. If I am not mistaken but I think this the flypast where one mirage crashed prior to entry of the race course ground due to bird hit and the pilot died...that what probably explains the chaos of the formation
There's no chaos, it's just the camera angle and purpose to cover a wide area.
Anyways, unknown to many the Mirage crash was inadvertently captured by the camera while covering the flypast in the form of plume of black smoke rising in the back ground.

Capture.PNG

There's no chaos, it's just the camera angle and purpose to cover a wide area.
Anyways, unknown to many the Mirage crash was inadvertently captured by the camera while covering the flypast in the form of plume of black smoke rising in the back ground.

View attachment 393851
Did you see the A-5 formation? it was a complete disaster camera angle or not and now it make sense why that happened..not sure how you can defend it. Please watch the video again. Nice catch on the video..sad to see the smoke plume. WEre there any civilians killed? I imagine this was right over westridge which is a heavily populated military neighborhood

No news so far on Jordanian F16s but usa generals visiting again and defense budget got 17 plus Pentagon funds to help partners ?? Plus Saudi may chip in as rs now leading coalition

Assuming 15x average 20 mil for total of ...

Assuming 15x average 20 mil for total of ...

$ 20 million is quite high for this batch of Jordanian F-16, if we take previous purchase as standard than ideally this purchase should cost less then the previous batch as the average flying hour left for these jets are less then the previous batch of 13 F-16 we bought, but our previous purchase was around $ +5.7 million for singe F-16 ADF version so its hard to expect an F-16 less then this amount .... ONLY IF we can manage to gain the approval form US for transfer of these F-16 from Jordan to Pakistan than the expected price should be $ <8 million

The pilot explaining in the video was my professor's colleague. Great description of departure from controlled flight.

He is actually a Canadian f18 pilot on exchange program to usaf

So bottom line 30 year old plane still being modernised to make it safer

Back
Top Bottom