What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

They only pretend to not being able to service it so Military would buy new planes , new models

Technically they could have even used the F14 till now with new avionics and packages

All about commerce here .... that is why folks stop servicing units when they want Governments to buy new items
Try bending a paper clip multiple times and see what happens.
Those things can only last so long, you can replace parts and avionics but you can't change the structure much without costing fortune. Wing spars have a design life and so does all the other load bearing structures. They can only do it for so long. You can always add new reinforcements, but that's adding to weight and cost, not to mention the long downtime.

Hydaspes' Lightbox.jpg

Image Courtesy@Hydaspes' Lightbox

This is the aircraft in which the PAF Airchief flew in on Pakistan Day Parade.
After the flypast, the aircraft landed at Nur Khan Base, where it's being recovered by the ground crew.
why they land it in nur khan because air chief have to go parade ground after landing ?

wow - ACM Jamal was very very low...you don't see the CAS flying this low nowadays...the Mirage and A5 formation was a complete disaster. If I am not mistaken but I think this the flypast where one mirage crashed prior to entry of the race course ground due to bird hit and the pilot died...that what probably explains the chaos of the formation

wow - ACM Jamal was very very low...you don't see the CAS flying this low nowadays...the Mirage and A5 formation was a complete disaster. If I am not mistaken but I think this the flypast where one mirage crashed prior to entry of the race course ground due to bird hit and the pilot died...that what probably explains the chaos of the formation
Yes you are right.
Pilot Mohammad Saeed Iqbal lost his life in that sad incident.

Cause was trim failure in the flight controls. Pilot ejected but chute didn't deploy. Formation went normally as planned. Nobody heard anything on the radio until they were done with the flypast (my dad flew left wing in the lead formation with the F-16s).

ACM Jamal flew in an F-16B with Wing Commander Amjad Javed in the backseat as a safety pilot. After they landed at Chaklala, Amjad Javed then took off and flew the F-16A solo demo.

Back
Top Bottom