What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Originally My PC sir!
chul lo g. oh mayre jaan, F-16 block 70 qub say aa gaya IAF ke inventory maan?!!

well i quoted it from another thread right at this very site,

anyways, i am happy that you said that Pakistan will need the J10 to counter the indian threat, actually my point was that many people are still looking forward for he F16z block 15z to tackel the situation and i think this wont be a good idea,

maybe we should look for The super 10, some J11z and even modified second block of our very own JF17.

getting some advanced equipment from turkey may also be a good option, what do you suggest?

originally posted by PC
chul lo g. oh mayre jaan, F-16 block 70 qub say aa gaya IAF ke inventory maan?!!!

i quoted this information from a thread present on this very site, you may have a look at it,

anyways i am happy that you said that we will be having J10z to counter the indian threat, my point was actually against the wishfull thinking of people saying to meet or even defeat india with help of the block 15 F16z, which i dont think will be a good idea!!

i think we must go for Superior J10z, J11b and a more advanced and modified block 2 JF17. getting assistance and equipment from turley can also be another option. what do you suggest sir

originally posted by PC
chul lo g. oh mayre jaan, F-16 block 70 qub say aa gaya IAF ke inventory maan?!!!

i quoted this information from a thread present on this very site, you may have a look at it,

anyways i am happy that you said that we will be having J10z to counter the indian threat, my point was actually against the wishfull thinking of people saying to meet or even defeat india with help of the block 15 F16z, which i dont think will be a good idea!!

i think we must go for Superior J10z, J11b and a more advanced and modified block 2 JF17. getting assistance and equipment from turley can also be another option. what do you suggest sir

sorry some problem with my system so the same message got posted multiple time
I apologize!!

well i quoted it from another thread right at this very site,

anyways, i am happy that you said that Pakistan will need the J10 to counter the indian threat, actually my point was that many people are still looking forward for he F16z block 15z to tackel the situation and i think this wont be a good idea,

maybe we should look for The super 10, some J11z and even modified second block of our very own JF17.

getting some advanced equipment from turkey may also be a good option, what do you suggest?

paa g. first of all Pakistani J-10 aint no average J-10 its infact a advance version in indian MRCA contest leage! the reasion why PAK still wants to buy block 15 is because its very cheap and when MLU is given, they become very leathel and its no longer that old block 15 from 1980s!
from now on you better call PAF j-10 (FC-20)!

paa g. first of all Pakistani J-10 aint no average J-10 its infact a advance version in indian MRCA contest leage! the reasion why PAK still wants to buy block 15 is because its very cheap and when MLU is given, they become very leathel and its no longer that old block 15 from 1980s!
from now on you better call PAF j-10 (FC-20)!

the question is how advanced?

I am sure PAF will go for western radar and other stuff but didnt ACM said that its an alternative plan should the F16 deal fail? That gives the impression that they are at the same level.

Also even if we get western radars on it, is it a match for the MKI? I heard and read that it will be one beast but thats rumors at best. Sure its gonna be better than the J10A but the question is by how much?

thanks for the response by you or anyone with knowledge about it.

I am sure PAF will go for western radar and other stuff but didnt ACM said that its an alternative plan should the F16 deal fail? That gives the impression that they are at the same level.

Also even if we get western radars on it, is it a match for the MKI? I heard and read that it will be one beast but thats rumors at best. Sure its gonna be better than the J10A but the question is by how much?

exactly??. this is the point.

I am sure PAF will go for western radar and other stuff but didn't ACM said that its an alternative plan should the F16 deal fail?

my friend, JAS-39 was an alternative plan back in 2005-6 when pakistan was negotiating Erieye deal with sweden. god for bid, if US once again jeopardize F-16 deal again then we have new alternative that we don't know of and PAF is prepared for this. ACM has mentioned this in his interview with DAWN NEWS.

That gives the impression that they are at the same level.
the 36 FC-20 deal is worth 1.5 billion dollars while 18 F-16 block 52+ is close to 500 million dollars. suggesting that FC-20 is more expensive thus it will incorporate better technology with par to 4.5 generation fighter.

Also even if we get western radars on it, is it a match for the MKI? I heard and read that it will be one beast but that's rumors at best. Sure its gonna be better than the J10A but the question is by how much?
the thing is, our newbie military fans have a lot of influence with unreliable sources which apparently are dominated with indian garbage and they tend to take it as reality check.
FC-20 will incorporate
- AESA radar
- TVC engine ( pakistan has requested AL-31 from russia)
- DSI (stealth feature)
- advance EW systems
- new armaments

Fc-20 will be as good as mki.

Ok firstly my friends i don't understand how can India be getting F-16's BLOCK 70 when there is no designation in the fighter falcon!! secondly i am not sure that this half baked knowledge that J-10 is more expensive means it is better is correct. So please can some one clarify two things for me which f-16 block is india being offered and by the way which BVR's is pakistan being offered with its F-16 MLU's and the Block 50's that we getting.

Ok firstly my friends i don't understand how can India be getting F-16's BLOCK 70 when there is no designation in the fighter falcon!! secondly i am not sure that this half baked knowledge that J-10 is more expensive means it is better is correct. So please can some one clarify two things for me which f-16 block is india being offered and by the way which BVR's is pakistan being offered with its F-16 MLU's and the Block 50's that we getting.

this is from an old article, i am trying to get some updates

Chinese missile may be for Pakistan's F-16s
ROBERT HEWSON Editor Jane's Air-Launched Weapons
Bangkok

"China is about to bring a second beyond-visual-range (BVR) air-to-air missile (AAM) to the export market. The new weapon, to be known as the FD-60, is already in service with the People's Liberation Army Air Force as the PL-11.

In China it equips the Shen- yang J-8II 'Finback' interceptor but, according to the manufacturer, the export version is intended for the F-16 - a clear signal that Pakistan could be the lead customer.

Development of the FD-60 (PL-11) began in 1987 and was completed in 2000, according to the China National Precision Machinery Import & Export Corporation (CPMIEC). The weapon is described as an air-launched version of the LY-60 surface-to-air missile. It uses semi-active radar homing.

The missile borrows heavily from Aspide technology supplied by Italy before an arms embargo was imposed on China following the Tiananmen Square massacre.

China also had access to early-model US-built AIM-7 Sparrow missiles acquired via Vietnam, from which the Aspide itself is derived. Since the late 1980s Chinese technicians have been developing a Sparrow-class missile.

"Until now most observers had assessed the PL-11/FD-60 programme as a largely unsuccessful effort that had been overtaken by the more advanced PL-12/SD-10 active-radar AAM, developed under the leadership of the China National Aero-Technology Import and Export Corp (CATIC). However, it now appears that work on the PL-11/FD-60 has continued, perhaps to provide a back-up capability in the event of problems with the PL-12/SD-10 but also because CPMIEC has identified an export market for the missile.

As the FD-60 is based largely on the Aspide/Sparrow design, integrating it with US-built aircraft should be relatively straightforward. Such a missile would be of great interest to existing customers of Chinese equipment, such as Pakistan and Iran, that have inventories of US fighters for which they cannot obtain advanced weapons - chiefly BVR missiles.

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is already working on acquiring a BVR combat capability through the SD-10 and JF-17 Thunder (CATIC FC-1 fighter) combination. However, the opportunity to add a BVR AAM to its inventory much sooner (via the F-16) would surely be seized by the PAF command, which has already identified such weapons as one of its highest acquisition priorities."

For ZoB

here it is, the BVR missilies with PAF are:

500 AIM-120C5 Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles.
300 SD-10 Beyond-Visual-Range Air-to-Air Missiles.
+ T-Darter Beyond-Visual-Range Air-to-Air Missiles

and with the F16z it will most probably be the: 500 AIM-120C5 Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles

i hope it helps

F16 Blk 52 18 aircraft sqdn worth ~900-950 Million not including weapons. 36 aircraft /2 sqdn with weapons were 3.1 B + 650 M (DSCA notification).

36 FC-20 (if with weapon + support) for 1.5B is less than 1/2 price.

Cheers

F16 Blk 52 18 aircraft sqdn worth ~900-950 Million not including weapons. 36 aircraft /2 sqdn with weapons were 3.1 B + 650 M (DSCA notification).

36 FC-20 (if with weapon + support) for 1.5B is less than 1/2 price.

Cheers

the 36 block 52 figure is not right and as of 2008 the 18 new f-16 deal is worth 500 million dollars.

@ PC

thanks bro for your reply which is quite helpful but I have some doubt about the price you quoted and what exactly is included in it. As far as I know, the FC-20 deal hasn't gone through yet so how can you quote such exact figures?

Can you provide a reliable source for the prices you have quoted for F-16s and FC-20s and what exactly is included in the package? And by reliable I mean some official statement or newspaper report and not another forum or wiki.

thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom