What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Lockheed to manufacture and upgrade Sniper ATP for Pakistan’s F-16 fleet

15 July 2015

Lockheed Martin has secured a follow-on foreign military sale contract to manufacture and upgrade Sniper advanced targeting pods (ATP) for the Pakistan Air Force's F-16 fleet.
Under the contract, the company will produce 15 Sniper ATPs and upgrade the Pakistan Air Force's existing 22 Sniper ATPs.
The upgrades will increase compatibility with the aircraft and enable enhanced features.
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control Sniper international programme director Rich Lovette said: "Sniper ATP has supported the Pakistan Air Force's mission since 2010.
"Additional Sniper ATPs and upgrades will give the Pakistan Air Force a more robust precision targeting capability to support the nation's security requirements."
The delivery of pods is expected to start later this year, while the upgrades are also scheduled to start at the same time.
"Under the contract, Lockheed Martin will produce 15 Sniper ATPs and upgrade the Pakistan Air Force's existing 22 Sniper ATPs."
The Sniper ATP has been designed to provide pilots with high-resolution imagery for precision targeting and non-traditional intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance missions.
Also offered by the solution is positive target identification, autonomous tracking, coordinate generation, precise weapons guidance and non-traditional intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (NTISR) in all weather conditions.
Moreover, it will support employment of laser- and GPS-guided weapons against multiple fixed and moving targets.
The solution is interoperable across multiple platforms, including the US Air Force and multi-national F-15, F-16, F-18, A-10, B-1 and B-52 aircraft.
In May, Lockheed was selected by the Romanian Air Force (RoAF) and the Royal Thai Air Force (RTAF) to deliver its Sniper ATP for their F-16 fleets.
Image: The Pakistan Air Force's F-16D Block 52+ 'Fighting Falcon' during testing in the US. Photo: courtesy of United States Air Force.

Attachments

• 1436969712363.jpg
    1436969712363.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 78
when i first open this thread i wish i would read that "Lockheed martin is upgrading our all F-16 to Block 50/52 standard"

when i first open this thread i wish i would read that "Lockheed martin is upgrading our all F-16 to Block 50/52 standard"
many of them have recieved MLUs, you need to read into that and do thank the turrks...

About Sniper ATP.
Sniper ATP (Advanced Targeting Pod) provides pilots high-resolution imagery for precision targeting, surveillance and reconnaissance missions.
Sniper ATP Detects,Identifies, Automatically tracks,Laser designates small tactical targets at long ranges.
It also supports employment of all laser and GPS-guided weapons against multiple fixed and moving targets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom