What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Engines remain the same
APG69V8??
AMRAAM C5
If you read this thread from the beginning Sir Blain has posted the details of all the goodies we will get.It is worth reading this thread if you are interested in F16s. there is a lot of information on it.
Araz

thanks for helping me dear

Hi,

With Zardari in office, we will never know what happens with him, the french, the arab emirates and qatar. We all might wake up one day and would be surprised to see what may land on the nearby air base.

Hi,

That was just an assumption 3 days ago---what has come out of the parliament today, was a surprise---what maybe coming out in the future may well be a head turner.

320 f16s..... well it brought water in my mouth!

ive read that countries which get them will only pay for upgradations?

and i can feel bells ringing all around my head! ;)
i sincerely wish we do not make the same mistake again!! :tsk:

regards!

Will US hand them over to Pakistan??????????????????????

despit the opposition of lots of other senior members and some ggod points made by all of them, i stil want to stick to my wish that, i hope NO!

regards!

Hi,

That was just an assumption 3 days ago---what has come out of the parliament today, was a surprise---what maybe coming out in the future may well be a head turner.

Mr. Khan, which news exactly are you referring to? I didn't find anything re: F-16 on the Geo website. Are you referring to the French and German submarine deal drama?

Edit
Nobody said that we'll get the 320 F-16s from the US. That is nothing but fantasy. However, my point was that a lot of F-16s will be retiring from services in other Air Forces, being replaced by 4.5/5 gen fighters (ex. Turkey). The US doesn't want to sell us new F-16s, but I hardly think they'll have a problem with the Turks selling us their old F-16s.

I'm just saying, the F-16 is still the best conventional (non-thrust vectoring) dogfighter in the world, and is still a heckuvan MRCA. No harm in trying to acquire large numbers the way we did with the Mirages. Turkey has an aerospace industry centered around the F-16s, and they're reliable allies aren't they?

Last edited:
Hi,

This is what I call return favor to indians.
It was already hinted by insiders few days ago and actually was circulating in media.

Hi Paface,

The news about cancelling the german sub deal and going for french.

Mr. Khan, which news exactly are you referring to? I didn't find anything re: F-16 on the Geo website. Are you referring to the French and German submarine deal drama?

Edit
Nobody said that we'll get the 320 F-16s from the US. That is nothing but fantasy. However, my point was that a lot of F-16s will be retiring from services in other Air Forces, being replaced by 4.5/5 gen fighters (ex. Turkey). The US doesn't want to sell us new F-16s, but I hardly think they'll have a problem with the Turks selling us their old F-16s.

I'm just saying, the F-16 is still the best conventional (non-thrust vectoring) dogfighter in the world, and is still a heckuvan MRCA. No harm in trying to acquire large numbers the way we did with the Mirages. Turkey has an aerospace industry centered around the F-16s, and they're reliable allies aren't they?
I agree with you I think we should look forword to buy used f-16 block30 standards(in the figure of 30-50) instead of buying the costly f-16 block52 just hardly above the figure of 18
in my view any major reason for going for this proposal is
"cost-effective"

Hi Paface,

The news about cancelling the german sub deal and going for french.

i Have read the news it no way states that the deal has been cancelled rather PN cheif is asked to give an in camra breifeing to the parliament for the decision i have posted the extract of news in naval thread so it can be varified from there.I think PN chief will convince the parliament on PN's decision.I think it is a postive step the details of the deal to be presented to house so that transparancy is ensured in the deal

Engines remain the same
APG69V8??
AMRAAM C5
If you read this thread from the beginning Sir Blain has posted the details of all the goodies we will get.It is worth reading this thread if you are interested in F16s. there is a lot of information on it.
Araz

Araz Sahib,
The radars will be V9s. Same as the ones on Blk-52. A very smart move to standardize on the same radar for the entire F-16 fleet.

I agree with you I think we should look forword to buy used f-16 block30 standards(in the figure of 30-50) instead of buying the costly f-16 block52 just hardly above the figure of 18
in my view any major reason for going for this proposal is
"cost-effective"

PAF looked all over for older F-16s with a good part of airframe life left and found very few. This is the reason that most of the airframes sitting at AMARC in Az were not purchased by the PAF. The structural life of the aircraft is just as important as the avionics specially when the PAF plans to fly the F-16 fleet until 2030 or so. Given the state of Pakistani economy and the Mirage legacy, first one came 50 years ago and we are still flying them, I am sure that the poor PAF blokes will be flying the Viper even beyond the 2030 timeframe.

Back
Top Bottom