What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

its only logical why would paf abandon a nearly 3 decade old platform with whom it has such a vast experience and it still is one of the better fighter jets in the world??? also paf pilots have very good experience and record with f16s. y would they give up all this for anything new and unproven? i think f16s are here to stay in paf for at least 10 more years.

GROUP PHOTO AT SHAHBAZ airbase

553675_517385981621649_1978574434_n.jpg

its only logical why would paf abandon a nearly 3 decade old platform with whom it has such a vast experience and it still is one of the better fighter jets in the world??? also paf pilots have very good experience and record with f16s. y would they give up all this for anything new and unproven? i think f16s are here to stay in paf for at least 10 more years.

ghost of sanctions and not to forget "kill switches"....LOL!!!

Even Turkey is planning to keep operating with F16s untill 2040 along with F35 that is...

I really don't think Pakistan will retire them ten years before us :P

Even Turkey is planning to keep operating with F16s untill 2040 along with F35 that is...

I really don't think Pakistan will retire them ten years before us :P

They are not retired even in the U.S air force. It has become a huge success and i bet they will create more blocks... :agree:

They are not retired even in the U.S air force. It has become a huge success and i bet they will create more blocks... :agree:

Yes i believe there is one in pipeline. im not sure if it has a go from DoD.
Its called F-16V Viper.
you can say its a blk 70 as a stop gap till f-35 arrives.

Not sure if the news has been posted before, from what i understand, No 11 Squadron has moved to Jacobabad to work up on the MLUed F-16s as they start coming off the shop floor. It probably adds a few hundred more pages to the pilot's curriculum.

Not sure if the news has been posted before, from what i understand, No 11 Squadron has moved to Jacobabad to work up on the MLUed F-16s as they start coming off the shop floor. It probably adds a few hundred more pages to the pilot's curriculum.

Five MLU F-16 Aircraft have been delivered to PAF which are at PAF Base Shahbaz at Jacobabad.
The pilot would get his training to fly the MLU and after the training of pilots, air men and crew of the unit; they would be moved back to Sarogodha serving their respective squadrons (No.11 and No.9).

And yes, the pilot has to study a lot.

What is the operational ceiling of the F-16?

GROUP PHOTO AT SHAHBAZ airbase

553675_517385981621649_1978574434_n.jpg

Although I support this fact that if PAF and GoP jointly negotiated with the US for the possible purchase of 24 Venuezellian F-16s Block-15 and also to free 28 ex-PAF F-16s Block-15 and PAF will be paying for the upgrade of 83 of these F-16s Block-15 in Turkey that will start from 2004-2008 and more over buying some 50-55 F-16s Block-52(35Ds and 20Cs) with 700 Aim-120C5 and other weapons. Than the situation now will be different and keeping the environment healthy with the US and NATO is Pakistan's own responsibility.

Kill switch seems lag-git , I think if there is some thing like that then that would be remote EMP...

Back
Top Bottom