What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

PAFPLANE3-1.jpg

I have heard that PAF was looking for another 36 Block-52s order increase the numbers to 54 or may be 60 but I think now they have stopped it.

I believe another 14 are being delivered by December 2012.

I have heard that PAF was looking for another 36 Block-52s order increase the numbers to 54 or may be 60 but I think now they have stopped it.
Just rumours. Nothing more.
I believe another 14 are being delivered by December 2012.
Those are ex-US Navy, the units originally built for PAF but latter embargoed.
that would be block-15s old ones. I have heard that PAF is looking in to more 32 Block-52s.
That is not true. However PAF wanted to get 18 more Block 52s to make total of 32 Block 52s. But cannot (more like will not) confirm the status of this consideration. So please, do not spread the rumours that LH is saying PAF has acquired 18 more Block 52s.

Just rumours. Nothing more.

Those are ex-US Navy, the units originally built for PAF but latter embargoed.

That is not true. However PAF wanted to get 18 more Block 52s to make total of 32 Block 52s. But cannot (more like will not) confirm the status of this consideration. So please, do not spread the rumours that LH is saying PAF has acquired 18 more Block 52s.

There were rumors floating on this very forum that PAF had gone ahead with the 18 more BLK 52+ option, but we haven't seen anything. Maybe if Kayani can prove US that F-16s are vital in operation against North Waziristan terrorists, then USA can approve. We already have 500 AMRAAMs, so basically we need to just place order for jets. Infrastructure, simulator, training everything is in place. Rather waiting for J-10, i think getting more BLK52s should be a priority.

There were rumors floating on this very forum that PAF had gone ahead with the 18 more BLK 52+ option, but we haven't seen anything. Maybe if Kayani can prove US that F-16s are vital in operation against North Waziristan terrorists, then USA can approve. We already have 500 AMRAAMs, so basically we need to just place order for jets. Infrastructure, simulator, training everything is in place. Rather waiting for J-10, i think getting more BLK52s should be a priority.

We don't need to prove. We have option available for upto 56 units of F-16 C and D. But PAF is not practising it.

Although I am supporter that PAF should have tried to negotiate to get the 24 of their F-16s Block-15 from US as well as 24 F-16s Block-15 from Venuezvella and upgrade them with their own money in Turkey in Five years of time. So till 2009 we would have 83 F-16s Block-15 MLU-3 and try to get 700 MICA and 700 Aim-120C5s may be license for MICA to produce 1100 of these at AWC.

Back
Top Bottom