What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

We have 32 +14 = 46 F-16s with us and we are buying 35 MLU kits.

Although the news suggests that more MLU kits could be bought, but I haven't heard anything of it yet.

MB,

Not a single PAF F-16 will be spared. ;) They will all receive MLUs. PAF had an option of purchasing over 50 MLU kits depending on the availability of spare F-16s. All of the ones that we fly currently will go through the upgrades.

MB,

Not a single PAF F-16 will be spared. ;) They will all receive MLUs. PAF had an option of purchasing over 50 MLU kits depending on the availability of spare F-16s. All of the ones that we fly currently will go through the upgrades.

yes not to forget.. PAF is only upgrading 2 newly arrived block 15 out of 14.... this suggests perhaps PAF is looking forward to upgrade these with MLU M4 or M5 once the M3 program is done.. but again.... very sad planning... 2014 is the time frame. but when will the rest receive MLU? 2014-15?

60 MLU kits are available, so for PAF excercised their option on 40+ kits. others will be purchased when the balance a/c from the original 28 embargoed a/c are delivered. remember the USN is currently using these 14 a/c for aggressor trg and have refused to release - alternately the US has offered 14 a/c from EDA stocks (ex-ANG blk 30/40)

60 MLU kits are available, so for PAF excercised their option on 40+ kits. others will be purchased when the balance a/c from the original 28 embargoed a/c are delivered. remember the USN is currently using these 14 a/c for aggressor trg and have refused to release - alternately the US has offered 14 a/c from EDA stocks (ex-ANG blk 30/40)

and sir do you think that this is an offer for good! i mean if they are blk30 then this must be a better option for PAF. can you kindly further explain this matter in reagrd to your personal view point, i mean how do you take this offer?

regards!

and sir do you think that this is an offer for good! i mean if they are blk30 then this must be a better option for PAF. can you kindly further explain this matter in reagrd to your personal view point, i mean how do you take this offer?

regards!

its either these or newer blk 52s! the former being more cost-effective!

its either these or newer blk 52s! the former being more cost-effective!

no no, actually i was asking that as you stated that we may be getting blk30 insted of the blk 15 that we have paid for so isnt it a better option or are there some restrictions in upgrades of blk30. for me getting blk 30 instead of the blk15 will be beneficial for us! that is the point i seek your kind comments on!

regards!

no no, actually i was asking that as you stated that we may be getting blk30 insted of the blk 15 that we have paid for so isnt it a better option or are there some restrictions in upgrades of blk30. for me getting blk 30 instead of the blk15 will be beneficial for us! that is the point i seek your kind comments on!

regards!

i am not expert but except for blk 10, all other blk's can be upgraded to blk 52 std.

i am not expert but except for blk 10, all other blk's can be upgraded to blk 52 std.

oh sir g you are very wrong..

please check out dutch and Belgium block 15 new upgradtion program.... if you do read few things about MLU M5 and you will find out that block 52 is nothing front of it... i mean technically MLU M5 is not better but as good as block 52+... lets just leave the CFT, and new air frame for now..

Hi Fatman,

My understranding is that the u s wanted to release those planes---but the u s navy refused to.

Hi Fatman,

My understranding is that the u s wanted to release those planes---but the u s navy refused to.

correct !:enjoy:

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

oh sir g you are very wrong..

please check out dutch and Belgium block 15 new upgradtion program.... if you do read few things about MLU M5 and you will find out that block 52 is nothing front of it... i mean technically MLU M5 is not better but as good as block 52+... lets just leave the CFT, and new air frame for now..

what have i said wrong!

block 10 and 50 are single seater while block 15 and 52 are twin.. no way can block 10 be any less capable after MLU M5.

30/32
40/42
50/52

are diffrentiated by engine type PW or GE!

A/B
C/D

are diffrentiated by single or twin seat!

Last edited:
30/32
40/42
50/52

A/B
C/D

sir g no offense you are one of our best member in pakdef but all i am trying to clear here is that block 10-15 MLU M3-4-5 are as good as any standard block 52 f-16s...

regards..

30/32
40/42
50/52

A/B
C/D

true sir ,

Originally Posted by fatman17 View Post

During mlu, The air inlet structure of the Block 10 aircraft will be modified, due to the fact that the current inlet of Block 10 aircraft does not allow for the implementation of hard points to carry equipment such as the Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR) pod.
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article2.html

table showing even block5 entering the mlu programme ....

LTF aircraft for the MLU program
BAF F-16B Block 15AA
RDAF F-16A Block 5
RNLAF F-16A Block 10B
RNoAF F-16B Block 10B
PoAF F-16A Block 15P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom