What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

M2Ks will get MICA only with the new upgrade, they only had Matra Super 530D missiles (hardly BVR capable), but the Russian fighters had different BVR missiles and that in high numbers and used at different types which gave a clear BVR advantage. PAF is closing this gap now with F16 MLU, B52s, JF 17 and J10 with SD 10.
Jf17 radar supports the western weapon

But changing the dependance from the US to China is not wise either. If a single quality issue comes up with SD 10 for example, all JF 17 and J10s would be useless in air combats, having the F16s and AIM 120 as an alternative then is a good point.
It doesn't matter if we talk about Pakistan or India (with the dependance on Russian arms and techs), as long as both countries can't develop all arms and techs indigenously, it is better to spread the risks and to have different alternatives!

Jf17 radar supports the western weapons.

Jf17 radar supports the western weapons.

only Aim-9 not AMRAAM.
only F-16s can fire AMRAAM.

on side not, F-16 maybe a vulnerable part of PAF, but its capability of carrying AMRAAM has definetly given a significant boost to PAF air defence command.

only Aim-9 not AMRAAM.
on side not, F-16 maybe a vulnerable part of PAF, but its capability of carrying AMRAAM has definetly given a significant boost to PAF air defence command.

dont be so sure! PAF will never disclose which platform can fire which missile. yes basic info is given. it keeps the adversary thinking.

But changing the dependance from the US to China is not wise either. If a single quality issue comes up with SD 10 for example, all JF 17 and J10s would be useless in air combats, having the F16s and AIM 120 as an alternative then is a good point.
It doesn't matter if we talk about Pakistan or India (with the dependance on Russian arms and techs), as long as both countries can't develop all arms and techs indigenously, it is better to spread the risks and to have different alternatives!

"Dil ko khush karne ke liye Ghalib yeh khayaal achcha hai"...As if we will only be testing SD-10s in combat, with no or little usage in peace time.

only Aim-9 not AMRAAM.

I'm not too sure on this. But what i would question is why we have purchased 500+ AMRAAMs for like only 60-70 F-16s. Does the stockpile mean anything?

numerically we are at a lot better position then bfore but the strength of quality is on their side. i wld go with 100 typhoons against iaf any day rather than going with 300 jfts. i personally think if mmrca deals goes through with upgrades of miraj su30 and mig29 than iaf wld be a lot better than even chinese af in terms of quality.
But now size gape is also decreased than before.

i dont think there was a full scale air war in 1999 i was talking about previous 2 wars
You are indeed wrong. IAF has the Mirage 2000 armed with Mica during Kargil War which forces PAF F-16 which were lack of any BVR mean to turn away everytime they encounter IAF Mirage 2000.

quality issue comes up with SD 10 for example[/B], all JF 17 and J10s would be useless in air combats, having the F16s and AIM 120 as an alternative then is a good point.

There are existing , testing and in service alternatives to the SD-10 for the PAF..
perhaps not as long ranged.. but BVR nonetheless.

dont be so sure! PAF will never disclose which platform can fire which missile. yes basic info is given. it keeps the adversary thinking.

It has nothing to do with the platform, but with integration of the missiles to the radar, which is possible only if you have the source codes and the US won't provide them for the integration of AIM 120 into a Chinese radar isn't it?

"Dil ko khush karne ke liye Ghalib yeh khayaal achcha hai"...As if we will only be testing SD-10s in combat, with no or little usage in peace time.

It was just an example that beeing dependent on a single supplier is not good either and why PAF must need alternatives too. The most likely scenario besides F16s and AIM 120 is, that PAF gets an alternative missile for it's Chinese origin fighters, be it indigenously developed or as planed earlier from a western country.

numerically we are at a lot better position then bfore but the strength of quality is on their side. i wld go with 100 typhoons against iaf any day rather than going with 300 jfts. i personally think if mmrca deals goes through with upgrades of miraj su30 and mig29 than iaf wld be a lot better than even chinese af in terms of quality.

i dont think there was a full scale air war in 1999 i was talking about previous 2 wars

my mistake sir......

can you explain me how you are numerically in better position....

At present, the IAF is operating 34 fighter jet squadrons, as compared to the 26 operated by the PAF. However, the IAF needs to operate 39.5 squadrons to maintain its superiority over the PAF , due to a wide variety of issues like geographical disadvantage. The squadron strength of the IAF will drop to just 31

PAF Total = 463
IAF Total = 779

your fleet is almost 1.68 times more, problem with India is, it is also 4 times bigger than Pakistan area wise thus giving us the advantage.

At present, the IAF is operating 34 fighter jet squadrons, as compared to the 26 operated by the PAF. However, the IAF needs to operate 39.5 squadrons to maintain its superiority over the PAF , due to a wide variety of issues like geographical disadvantage. The squadron strength of the IAF will drop to just 31

your fleet is almost 1.68 times more, problem with India is, it is also 4 times bigger than Pakistan area wise thus giving us the advantage.

but qualitatively we are far better position now ,than past.....of-course squadrons is downed now..... 150 sukhoi's gives more security than 400 mig-21's.... there won't be any war in this decade.... neither pakistan is in that stage nor India...... so im not worried much more ...... but the gap between India and Pakistan will widen from 2018+ onwards...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom