What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Pakistan Air Force is now operating 36 F-16 Block 52s.

Finally, took me great courage to hold this news in. I was informed of the order for 18 more F-16s a few months back, and now I have been confirmed that our new Vipers are serving PAF at 5th Squadron, Shahbaz Air Base, Jacobabad.

Congrats. All new Falcons are equipped with CFTs. :)

Wow... this is no news... this is big bang.

If true it means the order cancellation of second batch of 18 F-16 was a big drama.

f-16%20elephant%20walk-thumb-560x373-148997.jpg

Its safe to say that the planes are lock and loaded , and ready for action against any mis adventure boy I still can`t believe we got all these planes with out paying a cent ?

And all 77 are Nuclear capable fighters :sick: badhazmi ho jai to take hajmula

There must be a catch like we can't fly these more then half mac .5 or can't fly over certain altitude :whistle:

But that is 30% of MRCA deal india signed

When we account for 36 J10b that is 56 % ...of what India bought we already neutralized

When we add 50 emergency JF17 thunders probably arrived already for all we know - thats 98% of MRCA deal cancelled out

But its a good thing that India is MFN status - with Russia - Pakistan - China alliance on the way

Are these PAF F16s at one place???
Why keep All eggs in one basket??
I hope PAF shows these pictures for illusion on enemy and never shows correct place for F16 and other inventory:cool:

nope dear
The photo, taken by Staff Sgt. Rasheen Douglas, shows an “elephant walk” formation of Falcons from the 8th and 419th Fighter Wings.

It’s the final part of an exercise designed to demonstrate the capability of the airmen at Kunsan Air Base, South Korea, “to quickly and safely prepare aircraft for a wartime mission.”

f-16%20elephant%20walk-thumb-560x373-148997.jpg

Pakistan Air Force is now operating 36 F-16 Block 52s.

Finally, took me great courage to hold this news in. I was informed of the order for 18 more F-16s a few months back, and now I have been confirmed that our new Vipers are serving PAF at 5th Squadron, Shahbaz Air Base, Jacobabad.

Congrats. All new Falcons are equipped with CFTs. :)
You and your sources are thinking from heart instead of using your brain. My following post has all your answers.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...tan-f-16-discussions-2-a-337.html#post2604209

The opportunity of buying 36 Bk52 were given to us, but thanks to Musharf we never availed it. We received great support from the world in managing relief work at Earthquake hit areas. There was no reason to decrease military budget and weapon procurement plans.

Now things are changed, neither we have money nor trust to continue such deal. The 18 Bk52s may not enough to achieve air superiority, but further enhancement of JF-17 and procurement of FC-20 will be a long term solution.

From Pshamim
Remaining 38 F-16 will be delivered after receiving MLU at TAI. TAI will complete delivery of all F-16s by August 29, 2014. MLUed aircrafts will be tested by TAI's test pilot. As part of the contract, Pakistani technicians will receive full training in Turkey and Pakistan. First contingent of 72 PAF technicians completed their traing and returned to Pakistan. With the structural modifications, body and wings life was extended and renewed. All avionics have also been changed. RadarrRange of the mlued F-16s is increased by 30%. Target acquisition and shoot capability has also been enhanced considerably.

Latest news about FC-20 is that technical negotiation were completed abd business negotiations have begun. PAF has made a commitment towards the FC-20 and now the business negotiation needs to complete enabling PAF to buy them.

Something to bear in mind is that the PAF have a very strong history and experiance with F16s, the F16 is combat proven where as the JF17 and J10 are not. Also the Blk 52 are exspensive but would give the Paf a High tech muti role capability which is very much what the PAF is looking for.

I hoped Pakistan could have had 200 or more f16s and a few f15s to assure its air superiority at a low cost and for a long time to come.
That was my thought with no malice or bad feelings.

I hoped Pakistan could have had 200 or more f16s and a few f15s to assure its air superiority at a low cost and for a long time to come.
That was my thought with no malice or bad feelings.

The bold parts don't quite go together, do they?

Pakistan has invested in the JF-17 and FC-20 program due to the low cost and high efficiency and other reasons.
These include, the fleet not being grounded due to sanctions from US (Spare parts not being sold).

The Air Force planners are more intelligent than you and me, and know what is better.
Soon, F-16s would be parked in hangars, once the US is out of Afghanistan and this 'War on Terror' is over.. like earlier.
Buying F-16s or JF-17s of the same cost?
A F-16 Block 52 costs (Price PAF bought it for) $45Mn and a JF-17 Block 1 costs around $15-20Mn. Block II however costs $25-28Mn. (No idea of FC-20).
A wise option would be FC-20 and JF-17 than F-16s. But altogether, a hanful amount of F-16s with AIM-120 would ensure some tough competition.

Please have some personal feasibility analysis before you ask for 200 F-16s and 50 F-15s.

Pakistan has invested in the JF-17 and FC-20 program due to the low cost and high efficiency and other reasons.
These include, the fleet not being grounded due to sanctions from US (Spare parts not being sold).

The Air Force planners are more intelligent than you and me, and know what is better.
Soon, F-16s would be parked in hangars, once the US is out of Afghanistan and this 'War on Terror' is over.. like earlier.
A F-16 Block 52 costs (Price PAF bought it for) $45Mn and a JF-17 Block 1 costs around $15-20Mn. Block II however costs $25-28Mn. (No idea of FC-20).
A wise option would be FC-20 and JF-17 than F-16s. But altogether, a hanful amount of F-16s with AIM-120 would ensure some tough competition.

Please have some personal feasibility analysis before you ask for 200 F-16s and 50 F-15s.

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

The alternative is sweeter to me too, I said "I hoped Pakistan could have had" meaning before the deal with china.

we brough the f-16 for nearly 90 million..
i dont know why people cant get this simple fact..
1.5 billion were set for 18 f-16s (3.0 billion for 36 f-16)..its all over the net, every where, yet our members quote half the price?????

thunder block 1 price was set for 18-19 million..800million for 42 jets..dont know why its price is quoted at 15 million?

Pervaiz Sahib on F-16MLU Program
Remaining 38 F-16 will be delivered after receiving MLU at TAI. TAI will complete delivery of all F-16s by August 29, 2014. MLUed aircrafts will be tested by TAI's test pilot. As part of the contract, Pakistani technicians will receive full training in Turkey and Pakistan. First contingent of 72 PAF technicians completed their traing and returned to Pakistan. With the structural modifications, body and wings life was extended and renewed. All avionics have also been changed. RadarrRange of the mlued F-16s is increased by 30%. Target acquisition and shoot capability has also been enhanced considerably.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom