What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Pakistan_Map-of-Pakistan_8596.jpg

Proper Map please reference appropriate map of Pakistan

i am wondering the F-16BLK52 the PAF operates will they be inferior or superior to the FC-20? (hoping for a unbiased and straight forward answer)

87-88 F16 MLU , plus Block C/D might be equal to J10B , but J10B probably has better Missiles longer range and better agility far superior then any fighter in Pakistani inventory
F201109021330351212317503.jpg

^^^^^^J10B
^^^^^JF-17 Bloc2
^^^^JF-17---F16C/D---F16MLU
F-7 ---Mirage Rose ---Mirage-----------

J10B really is slightly better then Rafale since it has better evolution and success ratio and better software engineering

Looking at the agility of the plane , its clearly a more agile plane vs F16 100% , and certainly a more agile plane then Bus driver planes Sukhois

i am wondering the F-16BLK52 the PAF operates will they be inferior or superior to the FC-20? (hoping for a unbiased and straight forward answer)

FC-20 is still in development processs.......................................my feeling is that F-16BLK52 is mature aircraft.

87-88 F16 MLU , plus Block C/D might be equal to J10B , but J10B probably has better Missiles longer range and better agility far superior then any fighter in Pakistani inventory

^^^^^^J10B
^^^^^JF-17 Bloc2
^^^^JF-17---F16C/D
F-7 ---F16MLU ---Mirage

J10B really is slightly better then Rafale since it has better evolution and success ratio and better software engineering

J10B is in under development.....we cann't compare it with any aricraft........
Rafale and F16BLK52 are mature aircrafts in respect of radar, engine, avionics and ECM Systems etc.

F201109021330351212317503.jpg

^^^^^^J10B
^^^^^JF-17 Bloc2
^^^^JF-17---F16C/D
F-7 ---F16MLU ---Mirage

Looking at the agility of the plane , its clearly a more agile plane vs F16 100% , and certainly a more agile plane then Bus driver planes Sukhois

sir i believe it is quite premature to start comparing J-10B to other aircraft as little is known about it besides the Rafale and F-16's are mature and proven platforms that have been used in combat whereas J-10 has not even been used in combat.

MZUBAIR pretty much sums up the point

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

FC-20 is still in development processs.......................................my feeling is that F-16BLK52 is mature aircraft.

is FC-20 the export variant of J-10A for the PAF or J-10B?

No problem , we will ignore the fact that Chinese have been flying J10A successfully for god knows 10 years but we will assume that J10B will not be successful

What are the chances of that ..

Rafale is also a experimental plane mostly used to bomb "unequipped enemies" , and as for its avionics its pretty lame that it does not even have proper AESA radar not untill 2015 and frist French Airforce will get equiped , guess when will any other buyer will see any goods. And we all know how difficult is to upgrade french technology Good luck with that

Thats why JF17 thunder even has a advantage every thing is modular , for J10B we know AESA is being worked on and also the new engine is being tested in final stages

J10B would be crown jewel in Pakistan Airforce - because , the missiles it will carry will have unprecedented coverage and scope

One question, how much is the difference between J10 and F16 block52? I guess little, not much. Then, why to pay twice and beg to US, an unreliable supplier? :confused:

Hi,

I am surprised that you did not know that-----. F16 has been deployed for 30 plus years now and is the most successful example of the modern day multirole aircraft----as a matter of fact it sets the standards by which other aircraft are measured----. The J10B----is still to see service as yet. Once it gets into service---then its capabilities will be assessed and analyzed and its role will be determined----.

In the electronics package---the J10b is about 10 --- 15 years behind the current american F 16---. In bvr missiles----the same thing----possibly another 10 --- 15 years behind in what the current F 16 has to offer----.

If pakistan could have afforded it---it would have been better off with 150---200 F16 blk 52's and MLU's aircraft.

Jacobabad is quite far from Kashmir. Indian threat is Punjab, Northern Areas isn't it?

512px-Pakistan_-_Sindh_-_Jacobabad_district.svg.png

So the point is, Why have we placed the F-16 Block 52s there when Sargodha or Peshawar, or somewhere North West is ideal?

If i had to make a decision, i would place the initial 2 JF-17 Squadrons in Jacobabad and 2 F-16 Block 52 Squadrons in Peshawar...

cb4,

I am glad that you didnot make that decision----the major threat of attack is from sindh----to cut off karachi---that is why jacobabad----and secondly---- some thing as a matter of pride to hold for the sindhis---having the blk 52 base----.

Then quetta should get couple of sqdrns of JF17's as well alongwith a refueller.

Hi,

I am surprised that you did not know that-----. F16 has been deployed for 30 plus years now and is the most successful example of the modern day multirole aircraft----as a matter of fact it sets the standards by which other aircraft are measured----. The J10B----is still to see service as yet. Once it gets into service---then its capabilities will be assessed and analyzed and its role will be determined----.

In the electronics package---the J10b is about 10 --- 15 years behind the current american F 16---. In bvr missiles----the same thing----possibly another 10 --- 15 years behind in what the current F 16 has to offer----.

If pakistan could have afforded it---it would have been better off with 150---200 F16 blk 52's and MLU's aircraft.
well seeing that chinese are developing a 5th gen aircrft, i dont see why j-10 b which is yet in developing phase to be 10-15 years lagging..i think even the most bias US experts will disagree to it.
however, we can say that j-10 a is 10 years lagging, as it was developed a decade ago , at that time chinese were definetly 10-15 years behind.

J10B will be great addition to Pakistan Airforce but this doesnt mean it is better than rafale ... Rafale is better than fc-20

thats the reason why PAAF is waiting for j-10 b or it wouldnt had gone for j-10b at all but relied upon fewere MLUs and jf-17 instead. The very reason why PAF didnt opted for j-10A in 2006-07 when it had the cash but showed interset, as at that time work was very encourging.

i would take tthe collective word of both US and chinse experts that by 2025 china will be at par with US and by 2015 when j-10 b comes in service it would be very near to the avionic suit of F-16.

cb4,

I am glad that you didnot make that decision----the major threat of attack is from sindh----to cut off karachi---that is why jacobabad----and secondly---- some thing as a matter of pride to hold for the sindhis---having the blk 52 base----.

Then quetta should get couple of sqdrns of JF17's as well alongwith a refueller.

Really, what should we be proud of?, when these planes can't shoot down the drones, and ACM proudly says that our western borders are safe. Or that during floods the city was flooded to keep the base safe?

is FC-20 the export variant of J-10A for the PAF or J-10B?

FC-20 is an export version of J10A, which was only offered to PAF.
Besides existance of J10B is still myth.....because usually advance versions of is denoted by B or C. And to my best knowledge and understanding....J10B is upgraded version of J10A which is so far not offered for export to any country including PAKISTAN

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom