What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

TAI modernized PAFs F-16 A/B's avonics and software to C/D 50+ level. We have C/D 50+ modernized photos from Egypt and Turkish airforces but this is the first A/B of TAI. We don't know if upgrade deal had include engines/fueltanks...

if it did, here what it will be look like

turkish+air+force+c+F-16++D+Block+50+%252B+Fighting+Falcon+For+Turkish+Air+Force+CFT++conformal+fuel+tanks+%2528CFTs%2529+APG-68%2528V9%2529+Common+Configuration+Implementation+Program+%2528CCIP%2529++%25285%2529.jpg

Hi Deno,

Thanks for your post.

But the F-16 in your picture (Number 07-1015) is the D version BLK 50 F-16 of Turkish Airforce, delivered in the last batch of 2011-2012.
It shows the dorsal spine and the CFTs.

The PAF's F-16 undergoing MLUs cannot have an added spine and CFT like in the picture above.

Only the D version, BLK 52+(s) will have this spine.

Thanks.

now a day Greece is facing economical crisis
we talk to them for f-16s purchase
2nd Venezuela also retiring its block-15 f-16s (21)
we try to get them and modernize them
Venezuela's f-16s
scaled.php

fav_f-16a_5422.jpg

Newer cockpit displays and advancement in NVG tech have eliminated the problem of lighting that existed with earlier NVG systems. There has been a trial of NVG's with our Mirage-V fleet and the reports were encouraging.. although they used ones meant for helicopter crews.
The A-10 pilots use it regardless of the Lantrin system being there or not..
In our case, they can be effective tools for night time strikes(after all..the line being paraded here to the US is that these upgrades are for the WoT)
They are however.. not meant to be used for A2A engagements.

Thanks for the post, I have studied that in detail. Following are some main points.

1. For night-ops with NVGS it would be much effective if aircraft has a terrain following system. It is included in MLU under the name of Digital Terrain System (DTS).

2. If NVGs are used then adjusting cockpit lights would be mandatory to reduce the reflections inside the cockpit.

3. Sender/receiver sensor is located near the HUD and NVG, which turns HUD off when pilot is looking in its field of view. Pilot can also adjust it to remain ON when he/she is looking at the HUD.

4. In case of F-16, availability of any FLIR pod would enhance the pilot skills. Just like LANTRIN, Sniper ATP also has FLIR mode which will work in our case. LANTRIN gives FLIR information which is present on HUD and Terrain Following Radar(TFR) enhancing pilot’s skills at low level.

5. Lastly for ground attack: low altitude and high speed are required, latter is never recommended in poor visibility.

In ROSE-III Mirages, combination of NVGs and FLIR worked perfectly as FLIR provides thermal imaging. As you said, these tests were very productive.
But there are few shortcomings of NVGs too:D. An important one is that heavy helmet on the head is itself a constraint especially during high-G maneuvering…at 5G the helmet will weight 5 times more than the normal. Similarly FLIR has limitations in sea/rain because of the amount of water vapours in the air.

Finally since HUD isn’t illuminated as it is in Bk40 and NVG’s has its limitations on high-G maneuvering, I agree that an A2A usage is not possible in normal conditions.

As far i remember, new engines were in the procurement list.
As far as I know there is no plans for installing a higher thrust engine ala Bl 52. This would require further research and analysis and cost would be prohibitive. An example in mind is the Taiwanese MLU which would cost about 8 times more. I dont know whether iut is worth spending that much on what are essentially 30 yrs old frames.
Araz

I love these birds specially F16. We bought it, paid it, Then again paid it for upgrades, so honestly it should be our property.:pop:
But if we want to sale it, could we do it??. Any agreement with USA which prohibits the sale of F16 to any other country??
I am not in favor of sale but just for knowledge if we want to sale it in future??
In this case do we need USA permission?

I love these birds specially F16. We bought it, paid it, Then again paid it for upgrades, so honestly it should be our property.:pop:
But if we want to sale it, could we do it??. Any agreement with USA which prohibits the sale of F16 to any other country??
I am not in favor of sale but just for knowledge if we want to sale it in future??
In this case do we need USA permission?

By the contract agreements with US, you can't sell F-16s. Pakistan can't sell it. These F-16s have a chip inside to record activity movement.

Yes, Pakistan seek permission from US because F-16 is made in USA. Other countries sold old aging F-16s after US approved it.

By the contract agreements with US, you can't sell F-16s. Pakistan can't sell it. These F-16s have a chip inside to record activity movement.

Yes, Pakistan seek permission from US because F-16 is made in USA. Other countries sold old aging F-16s after US approved it.

Can't we remove that chip? :D

I am wondering How this chip records 24 hours daily activity. I think this is just a illusion created by the U.S to prohibit his customers for modifications.
Even if this is true, Then i think USA can keep upgrade himself the location of any F16 aircraft and their petrol activities.

Same case with Russian jets in India by Russians.:D

Can't we remove that chip? :D

It can't. If we try to remove chip, it will alarm US department signals via satellites. And I heard, if one chip take off, whole avionics systems will be damaged. There is no choice. :cry:

Pakistanis happy of Block 50 and MLUs--whoooo.... :partay:

I am wondering How this chip records 24 hours daily activity. I think this is just a illusion created by the U.S to prohibit his customers for modifications.
Even if this is true, Then i think USA can keep upgrade himself the location of any F16 aircraft and their petrol activities.

Same case with Russian jets in India by Russians.:D

You know, you put GPS in your car, the satellites can see your car movements where it go. The invisible advanced chip virus inside F-16 MLU and Block 50, US military know what you doing in real eyes and will shoot down easily if PAF dare to cross the line. :partay:

It is better to develop own avionics system by Pakistan itself.....long way to go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom