What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Yes TOPGUN, all will be MLU-ed.
They would come to Jacobabad, and the pilots would be trained for some time, and go back to their respected Squadron, like the two MLU-ed F-16s received are from 9th Squadron.

As for the MLU of others, I've got no idea when it finishes. These F-16s were sent in 2009 for MLU.

When the final F-16s are MLU-ed....there will be a total of 45+18= 63........that is enough for 3 squadrons.......so why shift all of them to Jacobabad? As Sargodha is nearer to border and can respond quickly to any IAF aggression?

Excellent! news from our Turkish brotherz and excellent job done by them for our country's defences.....:)

When the final F-16s are MLU-ed....there will be a total of 45+18= 63........that is enough for 3 squadrons.......so why shift all of them to Jacobabad? As Sargodha is nearer to border and can respond quickly to any IAF aggression?

They are useless against India, anyway.

This is why Musharraf cancelled the order of next 18.

And why are they useless against india bro? plzz don't tell me about the kill switch theory lolz.

And why are they useless against india bro? plzz don't tell me about the kill switch theory lolz.

Problem is you take 'Kill Switch' in its literary meaning but we take it is more as 'compromised'

For example: If it cannot fire on US than it cannot fire on any one, US wish.

For example: If it cannot fire on US than it cannot fire on any one, US wish.

All our fighters long ago started to use GPS for navigation. We our dependent on US satellites for navigation too. I think that is a much bigger problem than the killswitch theory

All our fighters long ago started to use GPS for navigation. We our dependent on US satellites for navigation too. I think that is a much bigger problem than the killswitch theory

That is a problem if US satellite block its signals, but than every one in the field would be handicapped.

I am more concerned about GPS spoofing

GPS Spoofing: Someone is Making your GPS Tell Lies

Spoofing is the result of malefactors providing fake GPS satellite signals to GPS receivers and this is a very serious concern on our list of the 10 GPS vulnerabilities. Individuals engaging in GPS spoofing deliberately send misleading information which is hoped to misdirect whomever may be using the targeted GPS receiver, be it man or machine, Therefore, the targeted GPS receiver reports that it's not actually where it's at and/or displays the incorrect time. This kind of attack is said to be relatively easy, the saboteur doesn’t even have to know all that much about GPS technology. And we’ve already pointed out that the GPS infrastructure the public uses is not secure; which opens the door for persons with bad intentions. Fortunately, the U.S. Government's Vulnerability Assessment Team (VAT) at Los Alamos National Laboratory does provide GPS spoofing countermeasures which you can learn about here at homelandsecurity.org. These countermeasures have no way of detecting spoofing attacks, but the information there contains some proposals for modifying receivers so it would be more difficult to spoof them. By the same token, the military necessarily has to train for all sorts of scenarios, which include jamming and spoofing tests which could feasibly interfere with the entire GPS enchilada which everyone else relies on for navigational sustenance. So that ends our comprehensive list of 10 GPS vulnerabilities. If you happened to land on this article, be sure and check out the first in this series (covering 1-5), by clicking on the link below.

Pakistan didn't buy them to use them against the rag tag Taliban.

Please provide proof for your post......or i'd say you just posted BS.

That is a problem if US satellite block its signals, but than every one in the field would be handicapped.

I am sure PAF is not that stupid. If thats the case then why are we going with more F-16s... If it is only to fight against terrorists, then why do we need to upgrade them, with better radars, avionics etc...

I am sure PAF is not that stupid. If thats the case then why are we going with more F-16s... If it is only to fight against terrorists, then why do we need to upgrade them, with better radars, avionics etc...

Thankyou for clearling up that part the rest of the guys just don't seem to understand ... PAF is not stupid at all they know what they are doing all the rest is just BS .

Turkey delivers 3 modernized F-16 aircraft to Pakistan

Source: XINHUA | 2012-2-9 |

ANKARA, Feb. 8 (Xinhua) -- Turkish Aerospace Industries Inc. ( TUSAS) on Wednesday delivered three modernized F-16 aircraft to Pakistani Air Forces, the semi-official Anatolia news agency reported.

Turkish Defense Industry Undersecretary Murad Bayar was quoted as saying at a delivering ceremony that Turkey and Pakistan have successfully cooperated in a wide range of technologies, including radio, electronics and military information systems.

Pakistani Deputy Commander of Air Forces Gen. Asim Suleiman said Pakistan's air defense will become even stronger with the aircraft modernized in structural and avionic aspects.

TUSAS signed the contract with Pakistan Ministry of Defense in June 2009 after winning out in the tender of Pakistan Air Force F- 16 Modernization (Peace Drive II) program.

Under the program, TUSAS's engineers and technicians are responsible for the modernization of a total of 41 F-16 aircraft in the inventory of Pakistan Air Force (PAF).

The Peace Drive II program, which started in October 2010, is expected to finish by September 2014. The required parts, material and technical data are furnished to TUSAS in line with another contract between the U.S. government and PAF.

Within the scope of the Peace Drive II program, TUSAS also provides classroom and on-the-job training to 72 PAF technicians.

TUSAS, which was established for co-production of F-16 aircraft for the Turkish Air Force in 1984, is one of the major aerospace companies in the world in F-16 manufacturing and modernization. It is also currently modernizing 175 F-16s for the Turkish Air Force.

Turkey delivers 3 modernized F-16 aircraft to Pakistan -- Shanghai Daily | ???? -- English Window to China New

TAI-delivered-first-F-16S.jpg

Back
Top Bottom