What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Well said Thunder777 i also have aslight feeling that we get them inshallah !! lets see.

How come you are so sure mate?...the new f16's will roll out in 2010 according to the agreement,Also our ACM will be leaving in jan2009 for the same purpose to the US..Dont worry friends,we will get them:cheers:

Frankly, I wouldn't bet on the F-16 deal. The political situation is volatile. 2010 is still a long way off and anything can happen. It's a risky deal, but PAF already knew that. We can only hope for the best, but in the meantime focus on better alternatives. The F-16s aren't our mainstay. Remain optimistic and realistic.

On a different note, I wouldn't be all too worrisome if the F-16 deal fell apart for some reason. We have much better alternatives at our disposal. That's in fact the only reason why the US is willing to offer the F-16s.

I want to know, how many F-16 are in the inventory of Pakistan Air-force. We know that Pakistan is buying more F-16. So what will they arrive and in how many numbers?

i want to know how many F16s New or old or maybe new purchase (in 2009 Ends) or in (2010) ? total no. of F16s any new deal b/w ?

I wanted to ask you guys i always wonderd why arent our f-16's canopys tinted like other AF's have them? i think we have talked about this before but perhaps i have forgotten !!

i want to know how many F16s New or old or maybe new purchase (in 2009 Ends) or in (2010) ? total no. of F16s any new deal b/w ?

After all the upgrades are completed and Block 52 are delivered, Pakistan will have a total of 78 F16's. 60 F16's(A&B) will go through Mid Life Upgrade; this will bring them upto Block 40 standards, the rest 18 F16's will be Block 52 standards.

yes its truw that F-16 will be a better option for pakistan but only if we get them,

as far as i am concerned time do matters, we ordered block 15 when they were new and modre jets, now the era have move to block 60 and we are receiving those block 15, now if get them upgraded at the time when block 90z in the market and %th generation planes flying all over it will be quite ridiculus, what do you say?

I agree with you, i would like to think that in the short term future these blk 52 will be upgraded to blk 60, as you rightly pointed out in depends on of we do indeed get them, and also what India does next in terms of is purchase of aircraft whether it be 16 OR F18 etc.

I wanted to ask you guys i always wonderd why arent our f-16's canopys tinted like other AF's have them? i think we have talked about this before but perhaps i have forgotten !!

There are 3 kinds available one is what we are using plane, other is golden and the tinted. the golden and tinted are very expensive , its only job is to keep the sun light away. We have 2 planes in are inventory with golden canopy and 4 with tinted canopy's.

Why paksitan is still is on one engine fighters. I checked cost of JAS 39 Gripen, Rafale,Typhoon,j10,f-16 and F-15 and i found that f-15 is cheaper than J-10 why?

i agree with u that purchasing F16 BLK50/52 will be waste of money. India is being offered F-16's with tecnology transfer. I believe this money should be spent on R&D for the JF-17's like equipping it with an AESA radar or buying a new squadron of J-10's with TVC. besides they delivered us the F-16A/B's that are more or less 3rd generation now.So i guess buying F-16's is going to be useless if India get it as well.:pakistan:

I am a new member here so first of all hi everyone!

sorry but agian can't we get F-16 from them, turkey. they can also be upgraded by them!!???
very true. the world does not endz but still it is a good or a very good option, considering the experience we have with the system and its related facility!
the only problem is the US delay,, so if we can get them from turkey wont it be better that to try J11z which will be competiong against the superior Su30z!!

Any sale of any weapon by another country first requires clearance/permission by the manufacturing country. To acquire anything from turkey of US origin, we need to have US approval. Same goes with J11 as it requires approval of russia which, as most of us know, is next to impossible considering we had difficulty in acquiring just the engines of our JF-17.

frankly, apart from the F-16 blk 52, our other options are J-10 and maybe rafale which is quite expensive and at best the grippen. I don't think we have any other option and considering we have some facilities, training , expertise of F-16 i think its not a bad deal. All we need is a back up plan in case things go wrong which we have.

By the time we need further planes, I think more chinese options should be available to us. As long as we have all our F-16s, the J-10s (advance i assume to fit our needs) and the JF-17s, we should be OK considering we also have our nuclear deterrence and missiles. I agree they are no match of what India has, but we can't really afford all those.

After all the upgrades are completed and Block 52 are delivered, Pakistan will have a total of 78 F16's. 60 F16's(A&B) will go through Mid Life Upgrade; this will bring them upto Block 40 standards, the rest 18 F16's will be Block 52 standards.

Can you please explain whats in the main difference (as in a typical war scenario we could face) between the upgraded blk 40s and the blk 52s? I ain't exactly an aviation expert so anything in layman's term would be highly appreciated especially if in view of the role the planes will play in our force.

thanks

Actually I believe the MLU's would bring them to a similar standard as the BlK 50's

F-16 MLU
In 1989 a two-year study began regarding possible mid-life upgrades for the USAF’s and European Partner Air Forces’ (EPAF’s) F-16A/B’s. The resulting F-16 Mid-Life Update (MLU) package was designed to upgrade the cockpit and avionics to the equivalent of that on the F-16C/D Block 50; add the ability to employ radar-guided air-to-air missiles; and to generally enhance the operational performance and improve the reliability, supportability and maintainability of the aircraft. Development began in May 1991 and continued until 1997; however, the USAF withdrew from the MLU program in 1992, although it did procure the modular mission computer for its Block 50/52 aircraft.[131][132]

The first of five prototype conversions flew on 28 April 1995, and installation of production kits began in January 1997. Original plans called for the production of 553 kits (110 for Belgium, 63 for Denmark, 172 for the Netherlands, 57 for Norway, and 130 for the USAF), however, final orders amounted to only 325 kits (72 for Belgium, 61 for Denmark, 136 for the Netherlands, and 56 for Norway). The EPAFs redesignated the F-16A/B aircraft receiving the MLU as F-16AM/BM, respectively. Portugal later joined the program and the first of 20 aircraft was redelivered on 26 June 2003. In recent years, Chile, Jordan, and Pakistan have purchased surplus Dutch and Belgian F-16AM/BM for their air forces.[132]

Development of new software and hardware modifications continues under the MLU program. The M3 software tape was installed in parallel with the Falcon STAR structural upgrade to bring the F-16AM/BM up to the standards of the USAF’s Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP). A total of 296 M3 kits (72 for Belgium, 59 for Denmark, 57 for Norway, and 108 for the Netherlands) were ordered for delivery from 2002–2007; installation is anticipated to be completed in 2010. An M4 tape has also been developed that adds the ability to use additional weapons and the Pantera targeting pod; Norway began operating flying combat operations in Afghanistan with these upgraded aircraft in 2008. An M5 tape is in development that will enable employment of a wider array of the latest smart weapons, and the first aircraft upgraded with it are due to be delivered in 2009

Essentially they would be of a similar capability (although I believe that the Older Block aircraft are more agile) they would all have the upgraded radar and electronics and have the AIM-120 missile as well.

Oh and the current pakistani F-16's are of the OCU standard which means they are all capable of using the AIm-120

from F-16.net

The Pakistan Air Force currently has the Block 15 F-16A/B model in operation, which has an upgraded APG-66 radar that brings it close to the MLU (Mid-life Update) radar technology. The main advantage is the ability to use the AIM-7 Sparrow and AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles if they were ever to be released to the PAF. Furthermore, the radar is capable of sorting out tight formations of aircraft and has a 15%-20% range increase over previous models. All the earlier F-16s were brought up to OCU standards and have received the Falcon UP structural modification package.

Back
Top Bottom