What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

So, 18 plus 63= 81?, so we will have 81 Falcons in our AF?

Thanks WJ. JF is at Peshawar?
Yes. 26 Squadron has them.
So, is this the only unit with Blk 52?
Yes. The Falcons and the arrows have them. Falcons are in Miranshah and Arrows are in Jacobabad. If I am not wrong, Falcons have the F-16D.
Yes.. unless the option for another 18 is taken.
It is taken according to inside sources.
If all options are exercised, we should have over 90 or at least five squadrons.
103 (total F-16s including the latest to-be purchased 18), - (9 F-16 crashed) = 94.
Minus-ing the to-be bought 18, 76 F-16s are currently owned out of which 17 are Block 52s and some of the remaining are in Turkey.

So, PAF is on track to achieve the supposed 100 landmark.

Last Hope, there are F-16 in Miranshah?

Yes. 26 Squadron has them.

As does No 16 (Panther)
Yes. The Falcons and the arrows have them. Falcons are in Miranshah and Arrows are in Jacobabad. If I am not wrong, Falcons have the F-16D.
No 9 Squadron (Griffins) and No 11 Squadron (Arrows) are both equipped with older F-16 and based in Mushaf/Sargodha .
No 5 (Falcons) is equipped with the latest Block-52 C/D Variants.

103 (total F-16s including the latest to-be purchased 18), - (9 F-16 crashed) = 94.
Minus-ing the to-be bought 18, 76 F-16s are currently owned out of which 17 are Block 52s and some of the remaining are in Turkey.
There is some confusion about the actual number operational or in the pipe line.
Santro and sir Fatman can clear the issue.

airfighter.jpg

Current fleet status would be difficult to ascertain accurately..
As some F-16's are undergoing MLU in both the US and Turkey.
So how many vipers are sitting in Pakistan is a sketchy number.

I was kind of wondering...have there been any efforts on part of PAF to possiballity of future acquisition the TuAF Block 40/50 Falcons as they start inducting JSFs?...It would be an economical option indeed.

i have read some there are 14 additional F-16 ordered but you saying 18 then it is would be 18 my question is when they gona dilvered?

[--Leo--];2087582 said:
i have read some there are 14 additional F-16 ordered but you saying 18 then it is would be 18 my question is when they gona dilvered?

When US + PAK are back on their LOVE relation

we have a fairly good idea!

I was kind of wondering...have there been any efforts on part of PAF to possiballity of future acquisition the TuAF Block 40/50 Falcons as they start inducting JSFs?...It would be an economical option indeed.

The F-16's.. are and will remain the stop gap for the PAF in later years..
By the time the TuAF starts phasing out its F-16's in the mid 2020's timeline, there is most likely to be more Chinese options available to us, possibly even 5th gen to induct into the PAF Orbat.

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

we have a fairly good idea!

Not until last month.. apparently more F-16's are heading out to Turkey since the line for MLU's in Kamra is taking a little longer to setup... or that is what I heard.

When US + PAK are back on their LOVE relation

sir its on-off-on relationship - kinda like liz taylor and richard burton !!!

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

The F-16's.. are and will remain the stop gap for the PAF in later years..
By the time the TuAF starts phasing out its F-16's in the mid 2020's timeline, there is most likely to be more Chinese options available to us, possibly even 5th gen to induct into the PAF Orbat.

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

Not until last month.. apparently more F-16's are heading out to Turkey since the line for MLU's in Kamra is taking a little longer to setup... or that is what I heard.

4 in US for MLU (pattern a/c) with training for PAF engg's
3 in Turkey for MLU
6 more scheduled for Turkey.

Kamra MLU facility cant start until the 4 pattern a/c are returned by Q-1-2012.
so 13 aircraft not available

rest available.

sir its on-off-on relationship - kinda like liz taylor and richard burton !!!

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

4 in US for MLU (pattern a/c) with training for PAF engg's
3 in Turkey for MLU
6 more scheduled for Turkey.

Kamra MLU facility cant start until the 4 pattern a/c are returned by Q-1-2012.
so 13 aircraft not available

rest available.

So the ones going MLU in Turkey will be different from the MLU carried out on the rest of the fleet?
Since the pattern jets will form the basis for the MLU for the rest of the fleet and not the TAI MLU'ed ones?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom