What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

NO. like the blk 52 order which was 'reduced' from 36 to 18, the MLU order was also 'reduced' from then 45 to 35 kits due to the 'earhquake'. these 10 kits are for the 44 (1 attrition since) aircraft. US Navy blk-15's may never be delivered.

Sir, if i am not mistaken, albeit, the news item states, ten additional kits, but it adds, for as yet undelivered PAF F-16A/B aircraft.

Sir, if i am not mistaken, albeit, the news item states, ten additional kits, but it adds, for as yet undelivered PAF F-16A/B aircraft.

that is right but AFM is making an error here - we can always write to them for clarification.

that is in-correct. the fact that PAF insisted on getting the original 28 embargoed a/c was the low airframe hours of the same.

14 of them we got it earlier i think you know that, but the other aircrafts were transferred to aggressor squadron. they fly regularly and very aggressively, and they also perform ACM over sea.
but yes they started flying these birds since 2002, so in terms of years in service it still got plenty of life. but they perform sorties almost everyday, and the airframes are considerably damage because of high stress cause by pulling high Gs

what is an aggressor squadron?

"An aggressor squadron or adversary squadron (in the US Navy and USMC) is a squadron that is trained to act as an opposing force in military wargames. Aggressor squadrons use enemy tactics, techniques, and procedures to give a realistic simulation of air combat (as opposed to training against one's own forces). "
-ripped off from wiki

so basically they train pilots in dogfighting, droping bombs etc.
watch TOPGUN =D

this is what their aircrafdts look like in US military..
btw they are ex-PAF F-16s blk 15

main.php

what is an aggressor squadron?
"An aggressor squadron or adversary squadron (in the US Navy and USMC) is a squadron that is trained to act as an opposing force in military wargames. Aggressor squadrons use enemy tactics, techniques, and procedures to give a realistic simulation of air combat (as opposed to training against one's own forces). "
Wrong...!!! :P An 'aggressor squadron' is an American bar-hopping night slang term for a bunch of guys who hit on other guys' girlfriends and wives. They got 'leads' and 'wingmen', just like real pilots do. Wingmen divert 'plain jane' women's the men's attention while the leads zero in on the hot chicks.

Wrong...!!! :P An 'aggressor squadron' is an American bar-hopping night slang term for a bunch of guys who hit on other guys' girlfriends and wives. They got 'leads' and 'wingmen', just like real pilots do. Wingmen divert 'plain jane' women's the men's attention while the leads zero in on the hot chicks.

:rofl: :rofl: Made my day......That was just awesome :rofl:

that is right but AFM is making an error here - we can always write to them for clarification.

I did, and this is the reply I received.

They are part of the F-16 deal that was embargoed – only half of them were delivered; the ex-USN ones never made it because of their high stress levels etc and only the USAF ones made it. Thus the PAF will take delivery of another batch of Block 15s.

Alan Warnes
Chief Correspondent, AFM and Aviation News

Looks like you had some aggressive missions yourself!

my suspicion was right, "high stress"...
when you have one of the finest pilots flying these birds, the life of the airframe goes down in months!

I also read somewhere that, Naval aircraft have to be specially treated to protect the airframes from salty sea air, one highly doubts that the embargoed F-16s went through the same procedure, hence that may have added to the stress level.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom