My Jets & Assignments
Unit 11th squadron "Arrows"
Period 2009 -
Current: 90615 PAF 9 sqn F-16B Block 15 OCU
i till work on f16 aircraft
Unit 11th squadron "Arrows"
Period 2010 -
Current: 92619 F-16B Block 15 OCU

and as per my info paf f-16s have been carrying french thomson atlis laser designation pod since 1986 n r capable of firinf french as 30 laser guided missile

As per my info they could carry the French Matra's
A/B models can carry Matra Magic 2 missiles. ATLIS pod is also from French origin. Integration of weapons need a number of changes in avionics, PAF only has access to repairing and only allowed upgrade/modification of avionics. (From upgrade i mean the version updates of specified portions of a/c avionics, which is a necessary requirement to keep Falcons in the air!)

A/B models can carry Matra Magic 2 missiles. ATLIS pod is also from French origin. Integration of weapons need a number of changes in avionics, PAF only has access to repairing and only allowed upgrade/modification of avionics. (From upgrade i mean the version updates of specified portions of a/c avionics, which is a necessary requirement to keep Falcons in the air!)

But Santro suggested that the early A/B models were jailbroken, but may be that was only the analog DTC portion.

F-16 can launch PL-5 Chinese IR Guided missile without any modification in launching rail or aircraft.
Because its a ditto copy of Sidewinder.
PL-5E-II-AAM-Zhenguan-Studio-1S.jpg

F-16 can launch PL-5 Chinese IR Guided missile without any modification in launching rail or aircraft.
Because its a ditto copy of Sidewinder.

Excellent. I assume that "launch" means that effectiveness under a war scenario has been reliably demonstrated? Will the MLU have any effect on these?

But Santro suggested that the early A/B models were jailbroken, but may be that was only the analog DTC portion.

Santro is an outside inside refractive zone guy ...

By jailbroken.. it doesnt mean one can make it fire the AMRAAM. Only what its wired for.
And I was reffering to the DTC.
There are missiles that are sidewinder compatible i think. Like the IRIS-T. Which can use the function for the winder alone.. but to use their full potential you need the software.

Santro is an outside inside refractive zone guy ...

By jailbroken.. it doesnt mean one can make it fire the AMRAAM. Only what its wired for.
And I was reffering to the DTC.
There are missiles that are sidewinder compatible i think. Like the IRIS-T. Which can use the function for the winder alone.. but to use their full potential you need the software.

Hence my question: :D

Excellent. I assume that "launch" means that effectiveness under a war scenario has been reliably demonstrated? Will the MLU have any effect on these?

Probably .. the MLU upgrades to the computer via the "tapes" you are probably familiar with.
So unless these missiles run use launch protocols that exactly duplicate the winder.. there will be a "unrecognized device" error.. so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom