What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

what is with the moustache of both the pilots?:laugh:

& why are insigna patches different on their shoulder???

I believe the pilot in the front is wearing a JHMCS.

F-16_bk52_d_cft.jpg

Note Sniper ATP mounted on the starboard engine inlet pylon.

really you made my day . . . . . . .

^ YUP! =D

um how many JDAMs did PAF order??
in the picture it looks like f-16 is carrying a 1000lb JDAM...

We have ordered 500 JDAMs, seen above is GBU38 500lbs bomb with JDAM kit. GBU31 is even more deadly weapon with 2000lbs of 'goodies' for enemies.

What's with the PAF and the brick based hangars, even if they don't get a direct hit, the falling massionary still could cause some damage.

well these are the newly built hangers for BLOCK 52 specially, so just assume they are much stronger than they look!
but i agree with you..

well these are the newly built hangers for BLOCK 52 specially, so just assume they are much stronger than they look!
but i agree with you..

This is why it's all the more confusing, even the 20 feet divider walls are made of Bricks, even if a rocket hits them, there'll be pieces flying everywhere.

im no engineer but i think such a u -shape construction is more strong in the centre , as compared to conventions box shaped cabins/hangers

This is why it's all the more confusing, even the 20 feet divider walls are made of Bricks, even if a rocket hits them, there'll be pieces flying everywhere.

good point. maybe its one of the old hangers that were built for mirages...
but im pretty sure some hangers were upgraded or were newly built for f-16s

im no engineer but i think such a u -shape construction is more strong in the centre , as compared to conventions box shaped cabins/hangers
It's not the question of being stronger in the middle or on the sides, the idea is not to bring down a whole hangar but rather to penetrate it and hit the assets underneath.
A penetrator type weapon just needs to make a neat hole in the roof.
Even a country like Poland has adopted NATO standard Hangars for it's F-16s.

4046%20Poznan%208-5-08.jpg

Explosions, just like electricity, always prefer the path of least resistance. Hangars are constructed with sloped sides so that any proximate explosions, meaning not direct hits, will have their blast forces redirected upward. A direct hit does not guarantee penetration also because of those sloped sides. The weapon's angle of approach would have to be perpendicular, or very close to perpendicular, to the surface. That is why hangars are much more difficult to destroy than perceived. Can be done, just more difficult.

What's with the PAF and the brick based hangars, even if they don't get a direct hit, the falling massionary still could cause some damage.
They are not, at least I hope that they are not. Hardened Aircraft Shelters (HAS) are built with steel arches then often covered with earth, a layer of masonry, both, and if possible, allow grass to grow over.

Back
Top Bottom