What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I dont think PAF will but any new F-16 in future.
I think they shld only invest (efforts, resources, relations with USA, and money ofcourse) on MLU's on 32 Aircrafts

F16 is one of those a/c in which pilot actually sees his landing spot,in some a/c pilot barely sees it....The AOA for landing should be 11 or 13 degree, increasing it may cause some serious problems...depending upon the a/c configuration. Looking out from the cockpit & judging the height is an old tip which is still used around the world.

Some pic taken by GIBS during landing apporach.
f-16_inside_007.jpg

f-16_inside_008.jpg

f-16_inside_009.jpg

f-16_inside_010.jpg

f-16_inside_011.jpg

F16 is one of those a/c in which pilot actually sees his landing spot,in some a/c pilot barely sees it...
Sir when I moved from my age-old Charade car (in which I can see the road just below my front) to Honda:
img_main01.jpg
I can barely see the road infront of me & dogs/cat well...thy were usually get crushed when driving highway. But with the passage of time driver get accustomed so can be a pilot

Sir when I moved from my age-old Charade car (in which I can see the road just below my front) to Honda:
img_main01.jpg
I can barely see the road infront of me & dogs/cat well...thy were usually get crushed when driving highway. But with the passage of time driver get accustomed so can be a pilot

nice car mate! congrats!

Yes one do get accustomed with passage of time, but in the mean time he goes through alot of things...flying is a very serious business, with no margin of error...one can't get away from mission debrief meetings. Flight Cmdr (training) are very strict in maintaining the defined standards. In PAF, the attrition rate of pilots decreases after the leave No.1 FCU, checking all parameters before making a landing approach becomes a part of pilot's life...he can barely forget what he is taught at BFT/AJT/FCU/OCU.

PAF Academy Risalpur maintains a very strict training procedure. If a trainee makes one wrong landing he is warned, second time he is almost thrashed, third he is grounded.

Any news abt F16 A/B MLU program.

We were expecting 18th Block 52 Aircraft to be arrived after Software Upgradation???? Any updates?

Any news abt F16 A/B MLU program.

We were expecting 18th Block 52 Aircraft to be arrived after Software Upgradation???? Any updates?

we'll start receiving the MLU's in 2012. 4 from the US are due in Q-1-2012.

we'll start receiving the MLU's in 2012. 4 from the US are due in Q-1-2012.

3 are in Turkey too. MLUed F16 is an altogether different a/c.The question is which Sqn will run MLU conversion course after their delivery....11 Sqn already has too much responsibility they can't run two types of conversion courses at one time. IMO 9 or 14 are good contenders for it.

Is there any reports on getting used f-16 blocks from the US and hence iam not talking about buying new block 52's but used older blocks?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom