What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

if i am not wrong, apart from usaf,paf has been the largest and oldest customer of f-16s right?

thats not correct

pakistan was the 7th customerin the 80's to buy the Viper
Israel and the NATO countries have larger fleets than pakistan. Egypt has a larger fleet. S/Korea has a larger fleet.

if i am not wrong, apart from usaf,paf has been the largest and oldest customer of f-16s right?

According to f-16.net, the first customers of the f-16 were the Europeans: Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark and Norway.
As far as largest customer go, I think that title belongs to the Isrealis.

All Pratts are small-mouths. All GEs after 86-0261 are big mouths-ALL P&W-powered F-16s are "small mouths". ALL GE-powered F-16s after 86-0261 (block 30) are big-mouths. 86-0261 and previous GE jets are small-mouths.

The shapes are NOT a perfect match. The newest 50/52's and 60's have a larger nose tire which required the intake to be reshaped to accomodate the new tires size. If you can find a newer intake you should be able to see a noticeable bump about 4 feet in on the lower surface.
http://dc201.*******.com/img/2zfvnP3k/0.5379205841854309/intakes_299.jpg

Here is a Small-mouth...
Notice the inlet is the same width as the fuselage behind it. On a Big-Mouth, the inlet is wider than the structure behind it.
http://dc201.*******.com/img/0IEKHF7V/0.3634230660358393/ahx_145.jpg

For comparison here is an F-16A Block 5.
Prior to September 1987 ALL Vipers had "Small-Mouth" inlets like the ones PW powered blocks still have today. (With or without the little lump inside the intake.)
http://dc201.*******.com/img/nriF-jkx/0.3167712103993051/amd_198.jpg

blk60/52+ with big mouth
http://dc201.*******.com/img/V9usk9gk/0.4192840695480159/aac_611.jpg

the splitter between the top of the intake and the bottom of the fuselage is swept on big-mouths and not swept on small-mouths.
http://dc365.*******.com/img/K_jY55-v/0.9337610360598972/inletsx500_126.jpg
F-16C Block-30C 86-0261 is the last Block-30 for the USAF with the "Small Inlet" and F-16C Block-30D 86-0262 is the first with the "Big Inlet". #262 is also a MIG-killer.

For the two-seaters F-16D Block-30C 86-0043 is the last for the USAF with the "Small Inlet" and F-16D Block-30D 86-0044 is the first with the "Big Inlet".

note--i'm still researching for more data

PAFFalcons-May11-large.jpg

May 2011

I firmly believe that these new F-16s have kill switches in them, after the May 1 incident.

I would say if PAF has any dignity left, it would return those to USA in protest and just get more Chinese air defense systems.

USA has shown it's true face and so has our security establishment.

I am disgusted.

I firmly believe that these new F-16s have kill switches in them, after the May 1 incident.

I would say if PAF has any dignity left, it would return those to USA in protest and just get more Chinese air defense systems.

USA has shown it's true face and so has our security establishment.

I am disgusted.

Ofcourse it has the kill switch. Every craft they sell has. If i am not wrong, this switch was removed from all earlier f16s.
Only three countries are successful in removing the bug: India, Turkey and Pakistan.

The mission you are talking about is really dangerous and will take upto a month to find what exactly happened.

Ofcourse it has the kill switch. Every craft they sell has. If i am not wrong, this switch was removed from all earlier f16s.
Only three countries are successful in removing the bug: India, Turkey and Pakistan.

The mission you are talking about is really dangerous and will take upto a month to find what exactly happened.

What do you mean that only Three countries (India, Turkey and Pakistan) have been successful in removing the bug?

Last time i checked on this forum, a Turkish member said of their F-16s crashed due to some bugged features......i mean, our radars were supplied by US....they probably know it inside out more than anyone. Do you really think they would want to have their Black Hawks shot down by F-16s that they themselves sold to us?

Osama raid is good news for US but bad news on many fronts with respect to Pakistan. We better get more Chinese hardware and fast!

okay nice pics ...but the aircrafts are not trustable like US....:what:

F-16 is the nothing less than the combat aviation marval. Having it in the PAF is like ensuring Palistan's skies safe. But the real problem is that, these awsome machines are attached here and there with some sort of strings, bugs and dual faced policy of the America. Well trained combat piolots can not operated them as per their will for nations service. Contrary to this, China have made Pakistan available with Latest tech (jF17, In Pipeline J10B and J11) with probably no restriction. It is obvious for Pakistan to be felt like betrayed by US with these bugs, sanctions, deprivment of Latest tech. When Indian MMRCA was under evaluation, I must say Pakistan's case was also taken in to consideration while evaluating US war toys. How USA denied Pakistan their own Planes. In the incoming years, Pakistan may not consider the US warplanes, becoz they would be of no use if PAF cant utilize them with its full potential.

With regards
Drunken Monke

i know current us-pak relationship in critical condition,but is pakistan going to procure more f-16?because i think before attobad operation some PAF official stated that WE WILL TAKE AS MUCH AS THEY GIVE.so any update on this?

Back
Top Bottom