What's new

Pakistan exported worth $ 1 bln IT services in 5 years

Pakistani govt does not have right numbers for any industry. if they say 1 billion its bullshit if they say 10 billion its bullshit, what they claim is all crap

Slow and steady wins the race. U cant expect us to be Billionaires in one day. But slowly we r on that track as well.

p8_32.jpg

GoP has envisaged IT exports worth 3.7742 Billion $ in next five years. The breakup of which as follows
Fiscal Year 2013: 414.3 Million USD
FY 2014: 530 Million USD
FY 2015: 689.50 Million USD
FY 2016: 910 Million USD
FY 2017: 1229.74 Million USD Approx.

Too Little Too Late.

Pakistan has exported worth over USD one billion IT services to different countries during the last five years.

According to official sources exports of IT services has been registered at over three hundred thirty million dollars during the current fiscal year.

There are over one hundred countries that are presently procuring IT services from Pakistan. United States is the major destination for exports of IT services from Pakistan accounting for over forty percent of the exports.

The sources said over USD3.7 billion target for export of IT services have been set for the next five years.

Radio Pakistan-
Over $3.7 billion target for export of IT services have been set for the next five years.
Very good development... best of luck for the future

Ahh!!!!!!!!! atleast we are on the right track....

The biggest problem for PK is it's image. I was with a company and I suggested looking at a one of the software companies in PK and they just laughed. I insisted and they said, we don't want to go to country that is in near anarchy, imagine we go to Karachi and was kidnapped, or blown up, or our servers were offline most of the time due to lack of electricity, or our clients could not access services because the government was having a hissy fit over another blasphemy and banned this and banned that, or simply if we grow and need more bandwidth where is that infrastructure? On top of that we have no soft power projection like bollywood, we burned all our damned bridges under the name of momin. Now starve while the rest world is in the 21st century and we are sitting in our homes calling murdering terrorists martyrs and wondering why the light isn't on.

Ok I'm from this field and I am a freelancer. $1 bln is nothing in 5 years time, we are way better than this, but given the facilities we IT people are working with in Pakistan, this is sadly what we'll have in coming 5 years too.

Count the load shedding, low and poor internet speed that too in major cities like Lahore, Karachi etc, expansive internet connections, no paypal or moneybookers support (its a headache to get paid) are prime issues we are still not addressed properly after so many years. No govt is serious about fixing these basic issues, because they think that distributing free laptops to fine arts students will do the job.. 
The biggest problem for PK is it's image. I was with a company and I suggested looking at a one of the software companies in PK and they just laughed. I insisted and they said, we don't want to go to country that is in near anarchy, imagine we go to Karachi and was kidnapped, or blown up, or our servers were offline most of the time due to lack of electricity, or our clients could not access services because the government was having a hissy fit over another blasphemy and banned this and banned that, or simply if we grow and need more bandwidth where is that infrastructure? On top of that we have no soft power projection like bollywood, we burned all our damned bridges under the name of momin. Now starve while the rest world is in the 21st century and we are sitting in our homes calling murdering terrorists martyrs and wondering why the light isn't on.

You know we in Pakistan are still using internet over decades old PTCL copper wires, they offer 1/10 of original bandwidth, which means if you buy a 1mb connection, you will only get 100 kbps at max.. :hitwall: And if you try to upgrade your package to more than 1MB, you'll get a reply that our media is so old that it can't support this bandwidth, you have to wait till the media will be upgraded to fiber optics. This is the answer I'm hearing since past 5 years but no progress at all.

And for a hint, I live in the heart of Lahore not in some random Chak 42, Gaaf Jeem or so.. :(

If you go for Wifi connections, then you'll get 1MB in 1600+ Rs per month with unlimited download limit, the speed will still be 1/10th of your 1MB but you'll have to pay more compared to standard wired connection..

Last edited:
p8_32.jpg

GoP has envisaged IT exports worth 3.7742 Billion $ in next five years. The breakup of which as follows
Fiscal Year 2013: 414.3 Million USD
FY 2014: 530 Million USD
FY 2015: 689.50 Million USD
FY 2016: 910 Million USD
FY 2017: 1229.74 Million USD Approx.

GoP has done MANGO for IT industry over the years, and they are still busy distributing free laptops to fine arts students thinking it will increase IT exports. Say thanks to millions of IT people who are doing freelance work on their own and bringing in $$$ spending their days and nights..

If I am not wrong India's IT exports are $70 billion per year, so it's more than 100x time that of Pakistan, we being so similar countries Pakistan is missing out bigtime. To reap the benefits, some basic that Pakistan should do, build IT parks, improve IT and other infrastructure, give tax breaks to the IT industry and improve law and order situation.

It is (5 years of Export) Just equal to 1 month revenue of TCS. I think that Pakistan can do much batter.

I wish Pakistan a best of Luck!!!

GoP has done MANGO for IT industry over the years, and they are still busy distributing free laptops to fine arts students thinking it will increase IT exports. Say thanks to millions of IT people who are doing freelance work on their own and bringing in $$$ spending their days and nights..

You are wrong.
Government of Pakistan has been building IT Parks quite a bit - even apart from the much vaunted Arfa IT Park.
Though this initiative has only happened in last couple of years. This will lead to a dramatic rise of IT exports.

You are wrong.
Government of Pakistan has been building IT Parks quite a bit - even apart from the much vaunted Arfa IT Park.
Though this initiative has only happened in last couple of years.

A large portion of these IT exports consists off freelancers and small companies and I was talking about that. Do you think a couple of IT parks here and there will make much of a difference? Its peanuts when you see overall situation, empower the people at grass root level and they will build IT parks on their own..

You are wrong.
Though this initiative has only happened in last couple of years. This will lead to a dramatic rise of IT exports.
IT park was built in the regime of Musharraf. Noora just change its name to Arfa Karim Park. They did nothing else for awareness of technology.

Back
Top Bottom