What's new

Pakistan Elections 2018: News and Discussions

@Shane @Farah Sohail @PakSword @war&peace
Your opinion guys on this. No electoral reforms means we are back to square one. No matter who is appointed as caretaker, the results can always be manipulated. No voting rights for overseas Pakistans as well. This is something where PTI should had done more. Their strength comes from educated middle class and diasporas
Mujh samait ziada tar overseas Pakistanis ki lag gaee hai boss. Census ke baad overseas Pakistanis ka naam Pakistan main voter lists main bhi nahi hai. Iss liey hum abb ticket khareed Kar vote daalnay bhi nahi jasaktay.

Lollllollllolll

Mujh samait ziada tar overseas Pakistanis ki lag gaee hai boss. Census ke baad overseas Pakistanis ka naam Pakistan main voter lists main bhi nahi hai. Iss liey hum abb ticket khareed Kar vote daalnay bhi nahi jasaktay.

Lollllollllolll
Nhi aisa nhi hai agar Apka pass CNIC ya NICOP hai tou apka automatically vote hai aur agar nhi tou ECP jaldi inform karein.

Lollllollllolll

Meri tajveezain qabool hogai lol

Lollllollllolll
Yeh ajeeb bakwas ha yar. PTI should had focus more on electoral reforms. They spent too much time on Panama which itself isnt a bad thing but electoral reforms were equally as important because without them its history repeating itself again.

@Shane @Farah Sohail @PakSword @war&peace
Your opinion guys on this. No electoral reforms means we are back to square one. No matter who is appointed as caretaker, the results can always be manipulated. No voting rights for overseas Pakistans as well. This is something where PTI should had done more. Their strength comes from educated middle class and diasporas

Kyun meri dukhti ragg cherr di bhai...I've been on and on and on about Electoral reforms but it seems like it was not fashionable enough for anyone to appreciate my countless posts on the subject.

Let me bore you with more than a dozen and a half posts of mine written directly on the need of election reforms, not to mention the countless indirect ones:

That's why electoral reforms should have been on top of list of things to do of PTI parliamentarians but most just goofed around behind IKs back, looking busy doing nothing.

This one being one of the more detailed ones:

A lot needs to be done to make sure of a fair and free elections.

How can we believe the claim after Nomination acceptance of so many ineligible candidates in by-elections and Senate, the strike down and omissions of 19 criteria instead of making the nomination law strictest.

Even if this court strikes down the law with 19 omissions and reinstates the earlier law...What good it shall be when even that earlier relatively strict law was flawed and weak from its origins.

Sorry CJP, the time to have a strict elections law in place is fast receding without its alternative law anywhere to be seen or debated.

Without a stricter law on nominations and election reforms, mere reinstating the old law and having oversees Pakistanis vote shall not make sure of a free and fair elections.

May be if the court took the matter seriously and suomoto of the matter earlier of the election law at the time of changes by parliament in the name of so called election reforms.

I'm sorry but Now the SCP will be forced to go with the flow of events and do some superficial amendments at best.

Just looking at its current restrained and apologetic nature against PMLN and tendency to give explanations of true intentions instead of strong verdicts shows that it does not seem to be in a position to exert itself at the moment.

At least, SCP is not in a position to impose itself any further with any force when faced with the concept of standing against the whole political system (when it couldn't manage to do so against a single party) and delay elections for some meaningful election reforms to ensure an actual fair and free election. That's why the Hikmat part is such a double edged sword.

Although it's seeds may yet be planted if SCP rises to its actual potential, elections; fair and free are still a distant dream for

Again, I know the above is not a feel good and comfortable post but the real question is:

How can CJP make sure that the next elections are held fair and free???

Specially in the presence of current ECP and electoral Laws - a deathly combination to any claims of Fair and Free itself.

SCP must strike down the loop holes created deliberately by our politicians in this bill to avoid accountability.

Q) How to make a mockery of democracy and rule of law?
A) Ask Pakistan's National Assembly and Senate, our political stalwarts to work out election reforms.

The level of deceit our politicians are capable of, across the board, to save themselves from the potential upcoming accountability is astounding.

They have been busy making loop holes rather than improving election laws. The reformed election laws bill should be struck down by SCP as it has been made into a collection of laws to avoid accountability altogether:

But most religious zealots are all the same, whether home grown or foreign. These ones sitting at the top in faizabad are a dubious lot, serving to distract the general public from the pressing matter of objectionable laws enacted in the name of electoral reforms but seemingly putting pressure on Govt. to throw out the law minister.

The first and foremost responsibility lies with the opposing political forces to filter out the back of the hand tricks employed by rulers in the name of electoral reforms. If they are inept or stubbornly refuse to focus on finding such idiosyncrasies then this nation deserves to be ruled by such a lot we now find sitting on both sides of the assemblies. If it so then,

Bas "Aik hi ullu" kafi tha barbade gulistan karnay ko.
har shakh pay ullu baitha hay, anjame gulistan kya hoga?

The difference amounts to a few percentage change plus or minus. All be it a potentially decisive influnce on some seats, but the rest has to be managed by the candidate if possible or face defeat. Thats why there was a need for election reforms that got lost due to political indifference, and arguably, a loss of focus of PTI to the collusion of PMLN and PPP in keeping the reforms and restructuring to a minimum and nonexistent in essence respectively.

SCP will not entertain it simply because it's the parliament's job to do electoral reforms.

PTI should raise constant hue and cry, call all parties conference and start street protests for election reforms after NA120. This might result in better ECP laws and atleast some reforms before 2018.

That's IK 's cricket mind taking over his political thought. IK sometimes makes tall claims because he sincerely thinks that's the way things should be or will turn out to be if enough sincere effort is put in. People's minds don't work like that.

Not good politics or a very wise thing to do in retrospect if the result turns out differently. Constituency politics is after all, not cricket by any stretch of imagination.

This is the home ground of MNS and PMLN is playing with its own Umpires in ECP and on its own rules. They are even claiming victimization. What IK needed to do was prove that he is the aggrieved party because the criminals are still loose. Instead, we find him calling it a vote for judiciary, lol. Not a winning strategy to make "still powerful" opponents (wolfs) look like underdogs (sheep) and that too in their home.

What is PTI expecting?

May be this is again seen as a chance to revive the narrative of poll rigging by them.

If either side looses or wins by a large margin then we will again see bickering on the results and repeating the same old narrative of rigging.

Has ECP changed? has there been any meaningful election reforms? have the ROs been made accountability for their mistakes? has there been any transparency in result calculation and announcement process?

The answers are obvious and so is the aftermath.

Kyun meri dukhti ragg cherr di bhai...I've been on and on and on about Electoral reforms but it seems like it was not fashionable enough for anyone to appreciate my countless posts on the subject.

Let me bore you with more than a dozen and a half posts of mine written directly on the need of election reforms, not to mention the countless indirect ones:

This one being one of the more detailed ones:

Unfortunately the fears are becoming real. Nothing has been done since 2013 and all efforts were first directed towards dharna and opening of those 4 constitutions and than the remaining period on Panama and Nawaz disqualification.
And when the system is rotten, no matter how good the intentions are of CJ or caretaker, those who have played within this system for the past 3 decades know well how to exploit it.
Having said that here is another food for thought. The huge deflections faced by PML N, these are also the same people who know well how to play within the existing system and turn it to their favour after all in Pakistan its always about the person and not the party politics. With South Punjab card being played timely as well, maybe PTI is hoping to defeat the opponents in their own game. Because truth to be told Nawaz and his daughter have really not left any stone un turned in axing their own feet. PTI can cash on this if they act smart and try to change the perception of Nawaz to a pro Indian stooge and a RAW asset. Here I would like to suggest a similar approach to what PPP did back in 2013 elections when they use to advertise all those lies and deceit of Nawaz in all newspapers. That did affected them.

Unfortunately the fears are becoming real. Nothing has been done since 2013 and all efforts were first directed towards dharna and opening of those 4 constitutions and than the remaining period on Panama and Nawaz disqualification.
And when the system is rotten, no matter how good the intentions are of CJ or caretaker, those who have played within this system for the past 3 decades know well how to exploit it.
Having said that here is another food for thought. The huge deflections faced by PML N, these are also the same people who know well how to play within the existing system and turn it to their favour after all in Pakistan its always about the person and not the party politics. With South Punjab card being played timely as well, maybe PTI is hoping to defeat the opponents in their own game. Because truth to be told Nawaz and his daughter have really not left any stone un turned in axing their own feet. PTI can cash on this if they act smart and try to change the perception of Nawaz to a pro Indian stooge and a RAW asset. Here I would like to suggest a similar approach to what PPP did back in 2013 elections when they use to advertise all those lies and deceit of Nawaz in all newspapers. That did affected them.
nothing would happen.. i keep on saying that pakistan needs like a 1979 revolution in iran but prefer presidential system.
Ye pora nachor apko mai ne three sentences mai bata diya hai. Latoo k bhot bato se nhi maan rhy hain is lia Aar ya Paar wali policy chahia

Only Army, ISI and establishment are the reason why am i not a traitor yet. They are real patriotic and sensible, Otherwise there is not a reason to be with political mafia of the country except IK.

Tm jiyo hazaro saal the real mujahideen against the evils.
We will rise no matter what.. Jinah ka pakistan ban kr hi rahy ga.
:pakistan:

Last edited:
5b0b272188d5d.jpg

so all parties agree with this name of ex chief justice as care taker ? or he will also become controversial after election as happened in the past

Overseas Pakistanis still don't have voting right, once approved any overseas Pakistani can.
What do we mean by overseas Pakistani ? I am overseas Pakistani and I had caste my vote in 2013

Many overseas Pakistani hold two nationality i.e British and Pakistani and they have names on voters lists. Am i missing something here?

What do we mean by overseas Pakistani ? I am overseas Pakistani and I had caste my vote in 2013

Many overseas Pakistani hold two nationality i.e British and Pakistani and they have names on voters lists. Am i missing something here?

He means to vote while still overseas instead of flying back to vote.

He means to vote while still overseas instead of flying back to vote.
I see

Well if someone care about political change in Pakistan then no big deal for them to be in Pakistan during election time which come after 5 years any way . there is already big question mark on election mechanism within Pakistan and here we are thinking about casting vote for political parties in Pakistan from Europe, USA and Australia

Back
Top Bottom