What's new

Pakistan election commission says new elections are not possible in next 90 days.

Wasn't it the EC job to make sure they are ready for the elections, but on purpose waited till the caretaker government is in place and now claiming the time is not enough. So they will violate the constitution and get away with it.

Pakistan is not US or Britain. I think it is really hard to prepare for election in just 90 days for country like Pakistan with 230 million population and vast territory.

In Indonesia, the preparation for general election is about 1 year. The budget is also large, about 100 trillion Rupiah or around 7 billion USD.

I am really interested, how will elections happen then?

To change the NA seats, you need to pass a constitutional amendment.

To pass a constitutional amendment, you need an NA.

So how will this happen?

What is most important is for people to start saying is that any law, agreement or sovereign guarantee enacted after 90 days will be illegal and will carry no constitutional or legal weight. Also that any agreement or law signed after the constitutional limit will be fully subject to single party (ala constitutionally elected government) review and subject to renegotiation and cancellation. This view and its constant echoing in international and local circles will freeze any supra-ideas that this illegal lot has plans for. It will freeze this experiment as no agreement will be sure and any investment will think twice before plunking down their capital. Once the flow of money is squeezed will the illegal thugs cry uncle. Till then as long as they can fill their own coffers through ill-gotten kick backs, and pay their storm troopers they will abrogate the law of Pakistan. Once the money flow stops the story ends. This is the only legal and non-kinetic way for righting this ship. The other alternative is a bloody revolution that will hurt all of us.

So how will this happen?

I M de Boss :wave:

5bbd9505c23d2.jpg

Pakistan is not US or Britain. I think it is really hard to prepare for election in just 90 days for country like Pakistan with 230 million population and vast territory.

In Indonesia, the preparation for general election is about 1 year. The budget is also large, about 100 trillion Rupiah or around 7 billion USD.

We manage it fine every 5 years - whenever the army don't want to control the country illegally.

Not my business but the system must already in place, and 90 days should be achievable date for general election provided there is a geniune will to do so and support from political parties

So how will this happen?
Judging from the situation so far, it looks like noone cares about the law or constitution. The caretaker government can pass whatever amendment they want, who can stop them?

$7-billion to hold elections? Are you serious?

Elections ho be Jain to manipulated hon ga. Aisa elections ka koi faida nahi.

$7-billion to hold elections? Are you serious?

I saw the budget proposed and approved is around 76 trillion Rupiah ( around 4 billion USD), the preparation started since 2022 and ended in 2024 (budget for 3 years ).

Before the election for example, all data is taken house per house, and you need money to pay the people who collect the data. Money for witness and all the people conducting election as in the voting site it is conducted by the people itself and they will get paid. In Indonesia for every around 50 houses there will be one civiliant administration that is picked through election among the people. They are called RT and RW (administration of every 10 RT ). Every RT has each Voting site managed by the people themselves.

Every political parties have their own witness in any voting side, and all of them will get paid as well by government. We have more than 3 political parties, maybe around 7 political parties. There will be security as well, both from civilians and 1 police in every voting site, all of them get extra money I believe. Then consumtion in every voting sites for the people managing it ( not government, but by the people who live in each voting site ) and then the budget to rent equipment like chairs, desk, tent, transportation cost, etc, etc

The data collection as far as I know conducted in 2 times ( double check )

Last edited:
I saw the budget proposed and approved is around 76 trillion Rupiah ( around 4 billion USD), the preparation started since 2022 and ended in 2024 (budget for 3 years ).

Before the election for example, all data is taken house per house, and you need money to pay the people who collect the data. Money for witness and all the people conducting election as in the voting site it is conducted by the people itself and they will get paid. In Indonesia for every around 50 houses there will be one civiliant administration that is picked through election among the people. They are called RT and RW (administration of every 10 RT ). Every RT has each Voting site managed by the people themselves.

Every political parties have their own witness in any voting side, and all of them will get paid as well by government. We have more than 3 political parties, maybe around 7 political parties. There will be security as well, both from civilians and 1 police in every voting site, all of them get extra money I believe. Then consumtion in every voting sites for the people managing it ( not government, but by the people who live in each voting site ) and then the budget to rent equipment like chairs, desk, tent, transportation cost, etc, etc

The data collection as far as I know conducted in 2 times ( double check )

$7-billion just for elections is just outrageous. I don’t even think India, the world’s largest democracy, spends anything close to that figure.

$7-billion just for elections is just outrageous. I don’t even think India, the world’s largest democracy, spends anything close to that figure.
I have made the correction, it is around 4 billion USD.

Indonesia is the third largest democracy and our election is the biggest in single day and usually the election will be held two times if the Presidential candidate is more than one.

Not ridiculous I believe, the budget is transparant and has been debated in parliament.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom