What's new

Pakistan discusses Su-35, S-400, T-90 MBT purchase with Russia.

Rosoboronexport is under US sanctions. India can get away with exemption for being US/Trump friendly but may be Pakistan cant, hence this is the only obstacle that I think remains as for as Pakistan's purchases of S-400 are concerned.

As for the finances, Pakistan can do some "Jugad" as in the past.
Turkey, Egypt, Algeria, India and China...none seems to be concerned about US sanctions. US has sanctioned dozens of Pakistani defence organisations as well...did Pakistan close them down? no, rather whenever USA announced sanctions... Pakistan tested Babur-3 SLCM, Ababeel or other weapon systems.. I think we are past that stage.

You have to keep your house in order first.
Well, it is getting in order slowly... due to a strange marriage of external and internal factors, these elements are getting exposed and sidelined.

T-90? I'm not sure it is wise to operate the same tank India has for years.
As for SU-35, it's expensive, I doubt the PAF has funds for this, the economy is in a precarious shape as well.
The S-400 could be a maybe, as funds have been set aside for a long range SAM system for years.

Pakistan in Talks With Russia on Buying Air Defense Systems – Defense Minister

Pakistan and Russia may reach an agreement on Islamabad purchasing Russian Su-35 jets "in the next few years," the talks on the issue are in their early stages,Khan told Sputnik.
Last February, a high-ranking military official in Pakistan told Sputnik that Islamabad had no plans to buy the Su-35.

"Concerning fighter aircraft Su-35: may be in the next few years we will be able to reach that point, we are in the beginning of negotiations now," the minister said answering a corresponding question.

Pakistan is interested in acquiring Russian T-90 tanks as a long-term commitment instead of a single purchase, Pakistani Defense Minister Khurram Dastgir Khan told Sputnik in an interview on Thursday.

"We are interested in tanks T-90 and it is not going to be a one-time purchase but it is going to be a long-term commitment," Khan said.

@ashok321 @Arsalan @MastanKhan @Oscar @war&peace

In few years we will reach on an agreement...Jub SU35 bhee Budha ho jai ga..

T-90? I'm not sure it is wise to operate the same tank India has for years.
As for SU-35, it's expensive, I doubt the PAF has funds for this, the economy is in a precarious shape as well.
The S-400 could be a maybe, as funds have been set aside for a long range SAM system for years.
If we have to prioritise, the order should be
  1. S-400
  2. Su35s
  3. T-90 with some especial upgrade (I would rather say, go for some collaborative project with elements from best of Chinese, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian techs) as AK-II is getting ready and also there was MBT-3000 option under Haider MBT program.

1. S-400
  2. Su35s
  3. T-90 with some especial upgrade (I would rather say, go for some collaborative project with elements from best of Chinese, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian techs) as AK-II is getting ready and also there was MBT-3000 option under Haider MBT program.

Aside the T-90 I agree with that, but it just seems like a colossal amount of money, but hey let's see how it pans out over the years.

S400- Billion plus dollars after lifetime costs are added up they would sell to Pakistan, a balance changing system and piss off their no 1 arms importer India? Some helo's some small stuff.. but an S400 I doubt it?

I would not put much credibility on news from Sputnik news media

1. S-400
  2. Su35s
:lol:

Just trying to. Make America jealous. So they can get more f solaaa nothing more.

Aside the T-90 I agree with that, but it just seems like a colossal amount of money, but hey let's see how it pans out over the years.
Yeah I placed T-90 as the least important on the priority list since I think there is no urgency. I don't know what the financial arrangement be like and it is too preliminary to say however S-400 should be priority, and if was a squadron or two of Su-35 are acquired on some flexible arrangement, it can be staggered a bit. I don't know if they want T-90s off the shelf or some systems from it..

Rosoboronexport is under US sanctions. India can get away with exemption for being US/Trump friendly but may be Pakistan cant, hence this is the only obstacle that I think remains as for as Pakistan's purchases of S-400 are concerned.

As for the finances, Pakistan can do some "Jugad" as in the past.

You have to keep your house in order first.

Then we can take route which do with China, assemble a SAM and make it indigenous or Chinese.

Yeah I placed T-90 as the least important on the priority list since I think there is no urgency. I don't know what the financial arrangement be like and it is too preliminary to say however S-400 should be priority, and if was a squadron or two of Su-35 are acquired on some flexible arrangement, it can be staggered a bit. I don't know if they want T-90s off the shelf or some systems from it..

Basically Russia understand that Pakistan will need equipment like S-400, Su-35 to deal with US/NATO pressure in Afghanistan and both Pakistan and Russia are on same page here.

S400- Billion plus dollars after lifetime costs are added up they would sell to Pakistan, a balance changing system and piss off their no 1 arms importer India? Some helo's some small stuff.. but an S400 I doubt it?

I would not put much credibility on news from Sputnik news media

:lol:
It will piss off US more then Indians..

Just trying to. Make America jealous. So they can get more f solaaa nothing more.
Basically Russia understand that Pakistan will need equipment like S-400, Su-35 to deal with US/NATO pressure in Afghanistan and both Pakistan and Russia are on same page here.
Russia has spent more than USD 50 billion on Syrian war despite its economic constraints. Superpowers have to act that way. Getting a strategic partner who also happens to be a nuclear power and possessing a geo-strategically significant position is worth some investment. US presence in Afghanistan and their covert support of ISIS-K posses a real threat to Russia. Furthermore, both countries have a common friend rather friends.

Russia has spent more than USD 50 billion on Syrian war despite its economic constraints. Superpowers have to act that way. Getting a strategic partner who also happens to be a nuclear power and possessing a geo-strategically significant position is worth some investment. US presence in Afghanistan and their covert support of ISIS-K posses a real threat to Russia. Furthermore, both countries have a common friend rather friends.

Economical relations are important but when it comes to strategic interest then earlier become secondary, because no country want to see enemy at its borders or its supported proxies within, Russia know that Afghanistan will be used to destabilize region which will directly effect Russian security, and any change in government in CAR by western support will be deadly and will be possible in future if Russia did not stop US/NATO in Afghanistan and they find Pakistan in similar situation and here both countries share similar strategic and even economic interests.

Negotiating 7 weeks before the term expires.
As zardari is totally acceptable to this establishment the next govt is going to be led by this ahole.
And can't imagine zardari bit"ch going against America as it is responsible for making zardari a hoty for our establishment.
Nothing is going to mature.
Sane way iran gas pipeline agreement was signed by zardari just before the elections. What happened nothing and now iran is threatening us with damges claim in billions

Economical relations are important but when it comes to strategic interest then earlier become secondary, because no country want to see enemy at its borders or its supported proxies within, Russia know that Afghanistan will be used to destabilize region which will directly effect Russian security, and any change in government in CAR by western support will be deadly and will be possible in future if Russia did not stop US/NATO in Afghanistan and they find Pakistan in similar situation and here both countries share similar strategic and even economic interests.
Pakistan is Russia's best bet to control Afghanistan and a lot has already happened under the radar...Russia has already opened a consulate in Peshawar which is an extraordinary development and it means both countries have been in contact with each other for a long time and it is one of the reason USA getting upset with Islamabad. But Pakistan has to do what it perceives is in its national interest. USA is here to destabilise Pakistan and it took a long time for your so called establishment to wake up from the deep slumber....Salala checkpost, OBL operation, TTP, BLA, BRA, Swat....all had the signature of CIA though only RAW have been blamed publicly but intelligence agencies very well know who is the real enemy.. Radio Free Asia etc. Russia sees it clearer than Pakistan because of its experience and a stature a second super military power in the world.

Back
Top Bottom