What's new

Pakistan develops Joint Standoff Weapon System

No 1 so far has been able to tell that with exact source.
There are a lot of rumors regarding this subject. There are people who are willing to bet their life on the fact that PAF has BVR capabaility.

But as you said there is no solid proof.

Personally I also beleive that PAF has limited BVR capability. I think they have some SA darters but I cannot prove it.

Originally posted by Khan@Mar 3 2006, 03:36 PM
Personally I also beleive that PAF has limited BVR capability. I think they have some SA darters but I cannot prove it.
[post=6597]Quoted post[/post]​
The Darters have been developped into H2 and H4 by Pakistani engineers to my knowledge.
See above posts.

Originally posted by Neo@Mar 3 2006, 02:56 PM
The Darters have been developped into H2 and H4 by Pakistani engineers to my knowledge.
See above posts.
[post=6600]Quoted post[/post]​

This is not correct. Darter is AAM where as H2 and H4 are AGMs.

Originally posted by Khan@Mar 3 2006, 05:11 PM
This is not correct. Darter is AAM where as H2 and H4 are AGMs.
[post=6603]Quoted post[/post]​
I stand corrected.
Thanks! :thumbsup:

Guys read this paper.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/hostme007/PAF-AI3.jpg

The H-4 and H-2 are most likely AGMs (Some claim that its characteristics are very similar to of the South African AGM Raptor which has almost the same range and characteristics) while V-2 is similar to Python-2. Something tells me that PAF has changed the names to keep the secrecy like it has always done, because if that was the case the American made AGM-184 would never come into service since H-4 could have done this even much better, so would the H-2 with its 62KM range.

Originally posted by Zeeshan S.@Mar 4 2006, 09:49 AM
Guys read this paper.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/hostme007/PAF-AI3.jpg

Something tells me that PAF has changed the names to keep the secrecy like it has always done, because if that was the case the American made AGM-184 would never come into service since H-4 could have done this even much better, so would the H-2 with its 62KM range.
[post=6629]Quoted post[/post]​
I guess Americans knew all about what pakistan has got at the moment, as they always keep every kind of info from others armies.

but that was good source fro info thanxxx :thumbsup:

I am not sure if this article is accurate. The writer is still confusing H2 and H4 with AAM. This is not correct.
According to my sources both H systems are very close to the SA Raptors. Raptors are AGM weapons.

May be the guy is referring to some other AAMs.

Khan,

What are your sources exactly? Could you prove that H-2 and H-4 being the air to ground BVR glide bombs are based on South African Raptor bomb?

This is really confusing what to believe or what not? :huh:

I am sorry but in this case you will have to take my word for it. I know that they are both AGMs but have got no way of proving it.

Sorry to add to your confusion.

Yes, Khan is correct. H-2 and H-4 are both AGMs (they glide towards their target and are somewhat BVR - although I'm not sure if they're 'true' BVR). And yes there are indications that they're based on the S. African Raptors.

Originally posted by Khan@Mar 6 2006, 06:54 AM
Sid thanks for the support.
[post=6709]Quoted post[/post]​

No problem. The side that is correct in the arguement always has my backing.

Originally posted by Sid@Mar 6 2006, 06:41 PM
No problem. The side that is correct in the arguement always has my backing.
[post=6723]Quoted post[/post]​

Now lets prove it and finish it once for all. Prove that H-2 and H-4 are based of Raptor glide bombs by links, and prove the air international 2006 is wrong. :)

I hardly want to be drawn in to this at the moment. You should ask the person who first made the claim. I have other things to look to as of now. Although I will try and see what I can find for you.

Back
Top Bottom