What's new

Pakistan Deploys Anti-Aircraft Missiles System in FATA to Prevent NATO Attacks Pakis

I'm sorry, I thought it was a night engagement. Whoops.

I've mentioned in a prior post that communication between NATO and Pakistan needs to be much better refined for clashes in the border region. But I am confident that the engagement was a mistake, not an intentional attack on Pakistani forces. The latter would be insane. Why would they do that? They know who their allies are in the region.

No worries

well this specific incident might be a mistake but by making small mistakes one needs to pay high price later, both countries need to improve on these facts...

Also CIA and our Gov here should also stop blaim games.... they say Some elements in ISI support Al-Qaida and Talibans but tell me then why we get same news about that CIA and Afghan Gov had Held Secret Dailogs with Taliban and other Local leaders.... but if Pakistan also do this then our media and CIA start pointing fingures???

Sorry for being off topic but these sort of attitutes create alot of misunderstanding and the result is in front of you.....

Usa and Pakistan need to discuss and plan togather if they want to end this war soon ........

:pakistan::pakistan::usflag::usflag:

No worries

well this specific incident might be a mistake but by making small mistakes one needs to pay high price later, both countries need to improve on these facts...

Also CIA and our Gov here should also stop blaim games.... they say Some elements in ISI support Al-Qaida and Talibans but tell me then why we get same news about that CIA and Afghan Gov had Held Secret Dailogs with Taliban and other Local leaders.... but if Pakistan also do this then our media and CIA start pointing fingures???

Sorry for being off topic but these sort of attitutes create alot of misunderstanding and the result is in front of you.....

Usa and Pakistan need to discuss and plan togather if they want to end this war soon ........

:pakistan::pakistan::usflag::usflag:

To clear things up,

CIA doesn't talk or play with the government. They deal with the Pakistan Army and ISI, two prime sources of power. Zardari, his cronies and their alikes come and go, but Army and ISI stay. In that case Americans are clever to deal with the Army/ISI duo in the first place.

CIA blames us as much as we blame them. Why shouldn't we? right?

CIA dare not talk non-sense about ISI in public, because from this incident :

7 CIA agents killed, 6 wounded in Khost suicide bombing - The Majlis

....ISI would grind them to dust in Aghanistan.

there is nothing to worry about,
matters wont get soared anymore.
the instalation of SAM is just a diplomatic stance and we have successfull acheived our aim. the issue has been highlightened in world media, apologize are comming in word of compensations can be heared.
all in all, Pakistan have made a strong statement. both sides know that there wont be any SAM shots but they also know that we do not want them to cross the international border. at this point of time, both countries need each other. we have come so far in this alliance against terrorism that we must not and will not flush it down the drain, Inshallah, much o the disappointment of some of our bitter Rivials.

the success of this political move can be judged perfectly by the annoyed comments comming across the border, we can see them biting there fingers in disappointment.
even on this forum, there had been attempts to derails this thrad but we must stick to topic...
:pakistan::usflag:

regards!

Pakistan's drawn-out closure of a critical land supply route for NATO trucks carrying fuel and other supplies to Western troops in Afghanistan, instigated after a 30 September NATO helicopter attack killed three Pakistani paramilitary soldiers, highlights an increasingly hardened position by the country's military and civilian leaders, Western defence officials have told Jane's.

ISAF supplies remain vulnerable as Pakistan maintains hardline stance

Since the incident the US and NATO have apologised in an effort to repair damaged relations with Pakistan. On 7 October a letter written by Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, to General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Pakistan's army chief of staff, was made public.

Adm Mullen wrote: "Please know that the families of the soldiers lost in this tragic incident are in our constant thoughts and prayers. I think you already know, but I want to reinforce, that we take this incident very seriously and our most senior commanders in theatre will review the investigation thoroughly with an eye toward avoiding recurrence of a tragedy like this."

there is nothing to worry about,
matters wont get soared anymore.
the instalation of SAM is just a diplomatic stance and we have successfull acheived our aim. the issue has been highlightened in world media, apologize are comming in word of compensations can be heared.
all in all, Pakistan have made a strong statement. both sides know that there wont be any SAM shots but they also know that we do not want them to cross the international border. at this point of time, both countries need each other. we have come so far in this alliance against terrorism that we must not and will not flush it down the drain, Inshallah, much o the disappointment of some of our bitter Rivials.

the success of this political move can be judged perfectly by the annoyed comments comming across the border, we can see them biting there fingers in disappointment.
even on this forum, there had been attempts to derails this thrad but we must stick to topic...
:pakistan::usflag:

regards!

Win-Win situation at the moment. Though the blast at shrine in Karachi, like KARACHI which was peaceful so many years from terrorism, i think it's the plain old CIA funded Taliban and ISI funded Taliban bullshyt.

BTW, look at the picture here man, jeeez. Must be loads of fuel.

DAWN.COM | Front Page | Govt decides in principle to reopen Torkham

emotions, guys, emotions....control them.

by the way, you don't need SAM systems to down a chopper; we should keep most of the SAMs on the eastern sector which is where they primarily belong

supposing we do down a NATO chopper....who benefits from it?

Obviously, when 3 soldiers are killed by "friendlys" it is a major problem. This isnt the first time either. I think the border closure is enough of an effective response. If things get to the point where we are shooting down NATO choppers then:

a.) what kind of (strong) message are we sending out

b.) why let the militants win?

be rational and be realistic here.....I think our response so far has been exactly as effective as can be. NATO in my view is obligated, however, to compensate the families of those soldiers at the very LEAST! A lot of people, this poster included, were and still are quite 'perturbed'

and i agree strongly with Leviza....the blame games need to stop. If we are an enemy, then declare us that; if we are a partner, then be sure to NOT allow irritants to get in the way

Last edited:
So pakistan is taking measures against NATO ? Shouldn't measures be taken against idk the terrorists ?

So pakistan is taking measures against NATO ? Shouldn't measures be taken against idk the terrorists ?

unfortunately, the definition of terrorist hasn't been standarized and universalized I suppose :lol:

by the way, can somebody find more links on this new development? I feel that more news networks would be reporting this if it really happened or is underway

Yes, enemies will prosper. Militants wil benefit from it----YEAH YEAH
What about your country, Americans and NATO negotiating with taliban?? What is that?? Ohhh, good taliban--YEAH RIGHT

You are fighting with the people and not ideology. Your country will have a severe BACKLASH if you do not fight the ideology because guess what!!! You are the neighbour...

What will stop NATO from crossing the border?
:confused:

trust me, they wont want to do that again i dont think....especially now

unfortunately, the definition of terrorist hasn't been standarized and universalized I suppose :lol:

by the way, can somebody find more links on this new development? I feel that more news networks would be reporting this if it really happened or is underway

A highly placed Pakistani STRATFOR source on Oct. 6 vehemently denied reports that Pakistan has deployed anti-aircraft missiles along its border with Afghanistan. The reported deployment originated in an Oct. 3 Pakistani TV report on channel SAMAA, where a member of the Pakistani National Assembly claimed that now that the missiles were deployed, "no helicopter will be able to escape after entering Pakistani territory."

Notably, the apparently sensationalist story never got picked up by Pakistani mainstream media, and the STRATFOR source commenting on the issue adamantly ridiculed the idea of Pakistan making such a bold move against the United States. The source drew a parallel to the Soviet-Afghan war in the 1980s, when Soviet aircraft would regularly bomb Pakistan's Kurram agency. If the Pakistanis were too afraid to shoot at their Soviet rivals then, he said, Pakistan is most definitely not interested in firing on its U.S. allies now.

Pakistan Politics: Rumors of Pakistan's Anti-Aircraft Deployment Against NATO

Looks like this is just a rumor.

guys -- take it all at face value.....anybody can make a blog and say "Pakistan deploys nuclear tipped missiles along the Durand Line"

doesnt necessarily make it true; and this nature of acting on presumption and unconfirmed news is only at our own peril.

what happened in 1979 when a few brain-dead mullahs said U.S. took over the masjid @ Mecca. The embassy was burned to the ground and people died. It made our country look not so good internationally.

Jigs --- I am from Kurram. Thanks for the report; no Pakistani was scared of shooting down soviet aircrafts. Go to Kurram today, you'll see many tribals still have their old belt-fed Chinese A-A guns. (still working too!) :)

totally off-topic, i just had to throw that out there

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom