What's new

Pakistan Deploys Anti-Aircraft Missiles System in FATA to Prevent NATO Attacks Pakis

my eyes are in the front, not the back... :)

looking forward all the way, brotha.

Amazing.

Out of curiosity (regardless of NATO's mistake), did you ever think that their helis would have killed your men?
Even thought about it before the attacks?
After the attacks you think that the communication between said parties will be much better, right?

Jigs --- I am from Kurram. Thanks for the report; no Pakistani was scared of shooting down soviet aircrafts. Go to Kurram today, you'll see many tribals still have their old belt-fed Chinese A-A guns. (still working too!) :)

totally off-topic, i just had to throw that out there

Yeah i think that part was unfair for the source to say. I doubt any defensive measure is being taken it makes no sense. Measures however should be taken against the terrorists that attacked those tankers where Pakistanis lost their lives. Cooperating is the only way to move forward here.

well to be honest with you, whoever is attacking those tankers are stupid......if i were brainless and unemployed as those people are, i'd at least take the fuel and keep it for myself (or sell it) :woot:

Amazing.

Out of curiosity (regardless of NATO's mistake), did you ever think that their helis would have killed your men?
Even thought about it before the attacks?
After the attacks you think that the communication between said parties will be much better, right?

Well you prescribed that I should look forward to something in the future.

So I will wait for the future and play things by year. That isn't to say that there shouldn't be contingency plans; but those are up to the decision-makers in Islamabad & Rawalpindi.

seems like the most sane approach --in an otherwise ''insane'' environment

While Pakistani planners highlight the Indian as a threat, by now, it should be clear where the threat is actually from -- in a way, the Pakistani inability to think that it can and that it has a responsibility to, counter and deter this threat, is itself a threat to the Pakistani nation and state.

2 long borders; a hostile environment; a region AWASH in weapons; and easily brain-washed/manipulated people (one too many for comfort that is)

great!!! :S

2 long borders; a hostile environment; a region AWASH in weapons; and easily brain-washed/manipulated people (one too many for comfort that is)

Oh what, Oh what is a Fauj armed to the teeth (with nuclear weapons as well) and a nation of 180 million to do??

Easy, friends, easy - US military types are under pressure to produce, and I think they have gambled poorly -- some argue that this attack on the FC will have positive results for the US, but already look at the damage done - bad bet, short term and mid term - for US and Pakistan, there is no long term, and perhaps that is best.

guys -- take it all at face value.....anybody can make a blog and say "Pakistan deploys nuclear tipped missiles along the Durand Line"

doesnt necessarily make it true; and this nature of acting on presumption and unconfirmed news is only at our own peril.

what happened in 1979 when a few brain-dead mullahs said U.S. took over the masjid @ Mecca. The embassy was burned to the ground and people died. It made our country look not so good internationally.

Pakistan cannot afford to deploy nuclear weapons unless it's existence is under immediate threat or the aggressor is about to use it's nukes.

That was a bad analogy sir, SAMs and Nukes are two different weapons. Good to know we have able men in command of them, just imagine if we did deploy them..................

Anyway, it might have been agreed by US and Pakistani commanders that Pakistan puts up SAMs while US backs off. Any more incursions and they will be shot down. But then reality is, these helis came in and went back in minutes. Not much time to launch even a stinger, unless you are 24/7 ready with it. That ain't possible given the security situation and limited men on the border.

Pakistan cannot afford to deploy nuclear weapons unless it's existence is under immediate threat or the aggressor is about to use it's nukes.

That was a bad analogy sir, SAMs and Nukes are two different weapons. Good to know we have able men in command of them, just imagine if we did deploy them..................

Anyway, it might have been agreed by US and Pakistani commanders that Pakistan puts up SAMs while US backs off. Any more incursions and they will be shot down. But then reality is, these helis came in and went back in minutes. Not much time to launch even a stinger, unless you are 24/7 ready with it. That ain't possible given the security situation and limited men on the border.

It will be ironic if Pakistan uses F-16 to shoot down American aircraft that violates Pakistani airspace.

About deploying nukes, I would not even think of it. I doubt that even 1% of members on this forum can conceive consequences.

No, using nukes will make even people of pakistan angry...

Religion is important in its ethical issues...

what kind of anti aircraft system pakistan army has put in FATA and i think they have taken this stance to little to late but welcome the stance of pakistan and im sure in few days they will take it out too im 1000 percent sure of it US pressure remember

America losing Pakistan in Asia would just dwarf anything else in the history. Think about it.

Can you please elaborate what US would loose and how it will dwarf everything in history.?

You are grossly superly hyperly exaggerating Pakistan's capabilities and by the same amount under-estimating the American financial-military-political muscle.

You still remember the phone call between Bushy and Mushy rite.?

....and above all, you think China would eat pop-corn while this happens?

China wont do squat in case US decides to engage you.

It didn do anything in 1971,1991 and not now.

Can you please elaborate what US would loose and how it will dwarf everything in history.?

You are grossly superly hyperly exaggerating Pakistan's capabilities and by the same amount under-estimating the American financial-military-political muscle.

It didn do anything in 1971,1991 and not now.

Especially not now.

It didn do anything in 1971,1991 and not now

Hey this is 2010 not 1971, 1991.
:azn:

a lot has changed; as have the stakes

hindustan is an enemy MUCH larger than us, yet they have failed to subdue. You can bring up 1971, but as hindustan did not gain territory it isnt a victory for them. It was a victory for our Bengali brothers with whom our ties our un-shakeable.

of course U.S. can destroy any country if they wanted to. They have the military machine, they have all requisite resources. But when it comes to ground campaigns and occupation, we have seen how far they can get (no army in the world has a real ''occupational force'' that can really subdue people --- look at the indians in occupied Kashmir for example; or soviets in Afghanistan)

the U.S. is not stupid. They will not engage against Pakistan because it would be suicide; especially now as their public has no taste for more wars or bloodshed. They are a tired people at this juncture, due to some poor decisions made.

the indians of all people are WELL aware that Pakistan Nation has all the tools, resources and patriotism to defend every nook and cranny of our land, air and sea. No need for me to remind you that we are a nuclear armed country with the means to deliver.

much indeed has changed......dont delve into issues that are merely hypothetical.

Back
Top Bottom