What's new

Pakistan Deploys Anti-Aircraft Missiles System in FATA to Prevent NATO Attacks Pakis

eagle20054

Reaction score
To prevent the NATO forces attacking inside Pakistani air space, Pakistan has deployed an air defense system along its border with the troubled Afghanistan. This was news was revealed by Member National Assembly Munir Orakzai while he was speaking to the SAMAA TV in a program, 'Mohaaz'.

Pakistan as decided to deploy anti-aircraft missiles system in its tribal regions of FATA that are near Afghanistan to stop the NATO attack which resulted in deaths of Pakistani soldiers. Officials have said “Now no helicopter will be able to escape after entering into Pakistani territory.”

After repeated attacks on Pakistani soil by the NATO helicopters which resulted in the deaths of Pakistani security forces and civilian, Pakistan blocked one of the routes that were being used by the NATO to get its supplies in Afghanistan.

After strong protest and blockage of the NATO route, NATO’s Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said, “I expressed my regret for the incident last week in which Pakistani soldiers lost their lives,” and he hoped that Pakistan would reopen for NATO supplies to Afghanistan. He said, “I expressed my hope the border will be open for supplies as soon as possible.”:pakistan:
Labels: Anti-Aircraft Missiles System, Pakistan, Pakistan Army

Pakistan Military Review: Pakistan Military Review: Pakistan Deploys Anti-Aircraft Missiles System in FATA to Prevent NATO Attacks

I don't think it's likely! We have limited number of Sam systems and deploying them on afghan border doesn't seems practical.
did they give more info on system.
Spada?

I don't think it's likely! We have limited number of Sam systems and deploying them on afghan border doesn't seems practical.
did they give more info on system.
Spada?

it is not necessarily the best we got, i agree that it would be spared for other key assets.
infact this deployment is more of political rather then strategic. what do you think that they would be shooting down the UAVs and copters from now??
these are all just political set-ups. pakistan is a close ally when it comes to war

the main aim seem to be rigestering a strong protest in international community and shown them that we wont tolerate such miss behaviours. this is a good move indeed. :yahoo:
and to show this protest, even the Anza will do the job.
as a matter of fact they are really good in this roles as well so the SAMs deployed there must be locally produced man portablee ANZA missile system.

regards!

Anza Sam may be decent for taking out drones but has a very glimpse chance against sophisticated counter measures choppers.

Anza Sam may be decent for taking out drones but has a very glimpse chance against sophisticated counter measures choppers.

no doubt that choppers with effective counter measures will be a hard nut to crack but such MANPADs can be lethal.
specially the block III with improved tracker and ECCM one can not be definate about the fate of the incomming hostile choppers.

Anza Mk-III - Believed to be based on the Chinese QW-2 MANPADS, modifications made to meet Pakistan Army requirements include a new firing unit similar to the Russian 9K38 Igla MANPADS.
All-aspect attack capability and improved ECCM capability. The minimum altitude of 10 m gives capability to attack very low flying helicopters and cruise missiles. Also has a vehicle-mounted launcher variant.

for further details:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/wmd-missiles/1318-anza-mark-iii.html

I think thats a positive response to NATO and US..... atleast now they know that something can come from those post as well......

It would definitely be Anza sam if the news is true.

Man, I believe even duds would do in the current scenario.

Very good news if they don't respect our airspace and land then we shall bring them down one by one like dead birds.

Very good news if they don't respect our airspace and land then we shall bring them down one by one like dead birds.

the only winning party will be the enemies of Pakistan and US

I hope the things dont go that far

although both the taliban, Nothern alliance and India will love to see a clash between US and Pakistan which would result in heavy losses for Pakistan
much to the amusment of Taliban.

although both the taliban, Nothern alliance and India will love to see a clash between US and Pakistan which would result in heavy losses for Pakistan

Exactly such news definitely makes one feel, wow now NATO will not dare to enter however if there is any untowards incident things will go real messy....I believe all this measures are for domestic consumption....You just don't shoot down Nato helicopters without having the desire to be bombed all over the place....

US will be very punitive if they loose a war they seem to be loosing because of hostilities in Pak even though such actions(read violations of pak air-space) of theirs are the starting point....

As far as amusement for India is concerned then those who have myopic thinking will definitely be amused but those who are not will be worried....Any mess in Pakistan is not good for the entire region and with so many nuts in Pakistan having anti-india feeling to their core is certainly not going to be good news for GOI....

so what can we do then...........what do u think? ok keep US & nato doing this again.

our forces knows what there best Job is. :pakistan:

so what can we do then...........what do u think? ok keep US & nato doing this again.

our forces knows what there best Job is. :pakistan:

IMHO, your forces are only acting in impulse and you're getting happy for a very immature reason.

If this thing escalates USA can get the hell out of Afghanistan and leave you in deep sh** to deal with, without any Aid to keep your economy afloat.

It will be only ONE dead bird before the retaliation will ensure no more come down. Simple as that.

Pakistan better be ready for the consequences if a NATO or US bird comes down.

It will NOT happen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom