What's new

Pakistan Day Parade 2011

it would be politically incorrect to hold such spectacles which cost a lot-of-money (by some estimates Rs,20B) when the flood effectees are sleeping in the frigid cold - donate this money to them!!!

No Sir,
Absolutely NO, NEVER !

Pride has no price,
It is only on these few occasions that we celebrate being Pakistani ( after the cricket team's constant state of PMS)

If money is required how about PM's house redecoration budget be reallocated

How about selling some Mercedez
How about every minister sacrificing some plot quota

in the Name of Pakistan !:pakistan:

PS: Just a suggestion, had this been known earlier, the Ex-Pats could have raised money over and above the relief donation and could have made this happen.

No Sir,
Absolutely NO, NEVER !

Pride has no price,
It is only on these few occasions that we celebrate being Pakistani ( after the cricket team's constant state of PMS)

If money is required how about PM's house redecoration budget be reallocated

How about selling some Mercedez
How about every minister sacrificing some plot quota

in the Name of Pakistan !:pakistan:

PS: Just a suggestion, had this been known earlier, the Ex-Pats could have raised money over and above the relief donation and could have made this happen.

bro charity begins at home...
if we cannot sacrifise some of our wishes (to see the prade) is name of Pakistan we have no right to point toward the PM house or the mercedez..

i am a big lover of the armed forces, i would have loved to watch our falcons raoring the skies, but, if its canceled for good, i am with this,,

moreover, army still have enough influence in governing the country and such decesion could not have been made without there understanding. so, just to eease off a bit of our nerves, we can suggest that the forcese themselves have backed out from the prade for good reason, to support the suffering...

regards!
Arsalan Aslam.

Not a good decision IMO :frown:, our young generation have been missing Pakistan day parade for quite a long time now. And if it keeps getting canceled again and again (cause of terrorism or for raising charity for flood relief); i am afraid that our young will never take interest in supporting and joining our forces.

I my self was first introduced and started to love my military after i saw F-16's, mirages and F-7's passing over my head making noises, taking a shake hand with some commandos, cobras gunships making my cap flying in all directions, tanks and .....

this event comes once in a year where public can interact and directly see our military personnel, its a national pride. If we keep cancelling that at risk of terrorism, raising charity for flood relief... it will break that connection between public and forces, which always have been a winning combination for Pakistan in any situation.

for example; paying more attention on Pakistan cricket (cricketers paid more than any sportsman in Pakistan) will make your national game hockey left far behind...

Its not enough to simply pay attention to one field, it is important for Pakistan to keep everything going parallel it is the only way to go, in these days I know its very hard to organize it but not impossible...
:pakistan:

there is a Good reason behind it.
The man who does not deserve to be saluted will never allow for the parade day.
its good for our Soldiers too, better save the honor for some one who really deserve it..:)

Last edited:
A lot to look forward to from the PAF, brother. JF-17s, F-16 Block 52s, Saab 2000 Erieye, ZDK-03, Il-78 MRTT with Mirages being refueled, and a Sherdil display in the beautiful K-8s.

From the Army I always look forward to the Parajumps, Tank formations, Mi-17/Cobra flybys and, of course, the missile displays.

I was in Pakistan last year and was heartbroken to find out the Parade was canceled. InshaAllah, looking forward to it this year.

you forgot the A-100 MRLS:pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

Just to confirm, that today, I phoned the offices of ISPR, Colonel Farooq (Public & Media Affairs) was as courteous as ever, his words were sweet music to the ears as he officially confirmed that the Parade is fully planned to take place this year and as in the past, I will receive the version released through the ISPR. :smitten:

will you upload and share with us???:azn::smitten:

There was a time when i had two dates marked on my PAF calendar.... 23 March ( loved the F-16 aerobatics and Fly pasts and not to forget our Commandos Para jump) simply a heart warmer .... 6 September ( Weapons weapons and weapons... my fav jets rite infront of me , sitting calm with fire inside them, my pilots, ice cool dudes... better than tom cruise or val kilmer ) ... never needed anything more.....

There was a time when i had two dates marked on my PAF calendar.... 23 March ( loved the F-16 aerobatics and Fly pasts and not to forget our Commandos Para jump) simply a heart warmer .... 6 September ( Weapons weapons and weapons... my fav jets rite infront of me , sitting calm with fire inside them, my pilots, ice cool dudes... better than tom cruise or val kilmer ) ... never needed anything more.....

I remember as a kid sitting inside a plane cockipt at chaklala air base; taking aim through some tanks some kind of sight and going inside the gerraf radar with army ppl trying to tell me things about those things but i couldnt understand crap,

Sigh!!! those were the good old days, some of the best memories of my life

Back
Top Bottom