What's new

Pakistan cruise missiles pose key challenge to India

What the heck do you know about Indian Involvement in Brahmos,and you know cr@p about MTCR:wave:

We dont even need a MAch 0.8 cruise missile coz you doesnt even have an ABM,and when did topic of discussion become Anti Ship missile?
It is the world's fastest cruise missile in operation.[4][5] The missile travels at speeds of Mach 2.8 to 3.0.[6] The land-launched and ship-launched versions are already in service, with the air and submarine-launched versions currently in the testing phase

BrahMos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL jew kid.

Get along with yr wiki's claims.

This really shows yr authenticity.
:wave:

You misunderstand. I was talking about the CURRENT Indian BMD (S-300 based). If India successfully, physically deploys an anti-SRBM to anti-MRBM level layered BMD, then Pakistan's CURRENT Ballistic Missiles will have to face a lot of problems in case of a war.

Thats where Pakistan's future nuclear delivery systems will come in.
I think if it ever happens we can use the cruise missiles to destroy their sheild and then use Ballastic missiles to rain hell.

Why and how?

Shooting down cruise missiles is much much easier than a ballistic missile.
It is difficult to detect, track and kill a small, and often very low flying cruise missile that fly below radar cover.

Defensive strategies for dealing with cruise missile threats fall broadly into two categories:

* The first being the denial or deterrence of launch and counterforce strategies
* The the second being the interception of launched weapons.

Deterrence/counterforce strategies amount to threatening credible retaliation, regardless of weapons used. Counterforce strategies amount to pre-emptive destruction of the opponent's cruise missile capability before it can be deployed or launched.

Interception of launched cruise missiles presents its own challenges. Not every opposing platform can be stopped before it launches, and that many will escape to strike their targets. The upside for the defender is that a 60 to 90 minute ALCM flight duration presents excellent detection and repeat engagement opportunities. But in the Indo-Pak geographical area the time of flight would be in the range of 10 to 20 minutes which means detection and engagement become proportionally more difficult, especially when the cruise missiles are hugging terrain below radar coverage.

A model for cruise missile defence envisages inner and outer zones, patrolled by AWACS aircraft with SU-30 MKIs providing outer zone intercepts, and AESA equipped legacy fighters inner zone intercepts.

But then, nothing is foolproof!

yes but thing is first aerial strike then followed by cruise missile when the situation gets out of control . By that time if India can achieve air dominance and attack with cruise missiles by multiple strikes , this threat can be reduced .

guys,chill,:coffee:
as the title says:
its a CHALLENGE
not aTHREAT
:lol:

So , you just read the title ? :D

The article points to that challenge soon becoming a serious threat , more diverse delivery systems and more poison to the mix .

And who told you that your chinese missile is a cruise missile?

From what I understand , he's pointing to the fact that the CM400-AKG indeed inherits some of the features of a cruise missile despite it being a quasi-ballistic one .

From what I understand , he's pointing to the fact that the CM400-AKG indeed inherits some of the features of a cruise missile despite it being a quasi-ballistic one .

He clearly said this is a cruise missile. And leave him aside. lots of pakistanis have been jumping around saying that this missile is pakistan's answer to brahmos. while it is clearly a 70s tech missile. Do you contest that?

He clearly said this is a cruise missile. And leave him aside. lots of pakistanis have been jumping around saying that this missile is pakistan's answer to brahmos. while it is clearly a 70s tech missile. Do you contest that?

I do not think so . From the first day , it is known to be a quasi-ballistic - not purely ballistic but neither a cruise . Interesting thing they be !

A 70's technology missile ? :D Was that even a joke ? Otherwise , how do you classify the generation of missile technology ?

I do not think so . From the first day , it is known to be a quasi-ballistic - not purely ballistic but neither a cruise . Interesting thing they be !

A 70's technology missile ? :D Was that even a joke ?

He clearly compared it with Brahmos and used the phrase "cruise missile"

About the second part of your post, i am not interested in discussing anything which i already know to be true. u can find your answers by comparing it with russian missiles of that time.

Visit the respective threads to get answers.
This is mentioned there.

I have visited them. It is not mention anywhere. Even ur Jr think thank agrees it is not a cruise missile. Bring proof or disappear.

He clearly compared it with Brahmos and used the phrase "cruise missile"

About the second part of your post, i am not interested in discussing anything which i already know to be true. u can find your answers by comparing it with russian missiles of that time.

Not my fault , dont raise your blood pressure over that .

Not unexpected . Of course , you aren't . Since you made a flame statement which you do not even understand yourself , every missile has something in common with V2 . Does that make them WWII technology ? @Hyperion :D

Compare ? I know for one that the Oniks was developed in the 80's , if you understand what I mean .

Last edited by a moderator:
Why you even need WIKI as source for Brahmos ???

For brahmos debate should be about its range(which is classified) not for speed...

Its range is 290 km.

Every system's actual specs r classified as they r military stuff.

Our missiles and their ranges r also told false in media.

Thats not a new thing.

But yr missile range is 290km which is disclosed in media n our Barbur-1's range in media is 500-700km babur-2 is b/w 700-1200km but again they r given so in media. Their actual ranges will be known in war times. But still we can safely assume on given media range that Babur still has more range then indian missile. The rumored range for brahmous is said to be b/w 350-390 km.
Still less then babur-1's 500km.

Not my fault , dont raise your blood pressure over that .

Not unexpected . Of course , you aren't . Since you made a flame statement which you do not even understand yourself , every missile has something in common with V2 . Does that make them WWII technology ? @Hyperion :D

Compare ? I know for one that the Oniks was developed in the 80's , if you understand what I mean .

Ok sir, i agree to be called as a ignorant fool if it pleases u. Doesn't changes the truth, no matter how much u try to twist my words by talking about v2. i wasn't talking about copying. i was talking about performance. but anyways, this discussion is over from my side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its range is 290 km.

Every system's actual specs r classified as they r military stuff.

Our missiles and their ranges r also told false in media.

Thats not a new thing.

But yr missile range is 290km which is disclosed in media n our Barbur-1's range in media is 500-700km babur-2 is b/w 700-1200km but again they r given so in media. Their actual ranges will be known in war times. But still we can safely assume on given media range that Babur still has more range then indian missile. The rumored range for brahmous is said to be b/w 350-390 km.
Still less then babur-1's 500km.

Even with 300 KM Brahmos is deadly for Pakistan ... all your main military installation can be covered with this range ....

Lahore,Islamabad ... are well within reach of Brahmos.

Back
Top Bottom