What's new

Pakistan counters Taleban advance?

Just heard back from my friend in Swabi, looks like the Taliban are pulling out of Burner, convoy's were seen heading outwards from the town earlier.

This was supported by Confirmation of the news on local Media:

DAWN.COM | NWFP | Taliban agree to vacate Buner

Furthermore:

On Thursday, the government announcd that eight platoons of paramilitary troops have been sent to Pakistan’s Buner district, which has been infiltrated by the Taliban. Frontier Constabulary platoons have been dispatched to protect government buildings and bridges in Buner. In recent days, Taliban militants have been patrolling the area, snatching and searching vehicles, and ransacking government offices.

Dawn.com Forum Blog Archive Buner: Swat part deux?

Hi Friends,

Pakistan has any Special forces to deal with Talibans? Like in India we have many task forces specially created for dealing with Naxals and other terrorist organizations. In India I think Army operates only in Kashmir and Manipur . If you let Army to get into Civilian Area they mess up everything .We often get Army's civilian kills often from these states.I think Army handling the situation should be the last option .

Hi Friends,

I think Army handling the situation should be the last option .

In our case it should always be the first option.. I would much rather have war hysteria with India than an extremist uprising.. We can all see how dangerous the latter is for both countries

Hi Friends,

Pakistan has any Special forces to deal with Talibans? Like in India we have many task forces specially created for dealing with Naxals and other terrorist organizations. In India I think Army operates only in Kashmir and Manipur . If you let Army to get into Civilian Area they mess up everything .We often get Army's civilian kills often from these states.I think Army handling the situation should be the last option .

Pusgumar,

Yes we do have special forces, like India we have a host of Special forces depending on the role required, it would be foolish to try and list them all. Just Google Pakistan SSG or have a look in Land Forces section of this fourm.

Back to the topic at hand, i feel that PA should be deployed in the area as FC is not equipped to fight CI or conduct MOUT, whereas PA is trained to do so following on from Bajur.

Even if the Taliban move out of Buner, we should still strike.

It is a ploy meant to save time, so that the militants can advance again, on th eir terms.

It is apparent they will not abide by any peace deal for long, and why would they? The govt. did reiterate yesterday that we had no deal with the Talibs in the first place, only with Sufi.

The deal in itself is vague and ambiguous, and begging to be broken.

If they are withdrawing, then we must enter Swat. Because they've already broken the terms, and its now our time to take the initiative.

Even if the Taliban move out of Buner, we should still strike.

It is a ploy meant to save time, so that the militants can advance again, on th eir terms.

It is apparent they will not abide by any peace deal for long, and why would they? The govt. did reiterate yesterday that we had no deal with the Talibs in the first place, only with Sufi.

The deal in itself is vague and ambiguous, and begging to be broken.

If they are withdrawing, then we must enter Swat. Because they've already broken the terms, and its now our time to take the initiative.

Withdrawing on part of TTP does not mean squat as far as peaceful intent is concerned...they advanced till the State mobilized its troops and then are withdrawing as a result of impending action...they are not withdrawing out of any wish for peace...otherwise they would not have attacked and spilled blood in the first place.

TTP killed security personnel in their takeover of Buner after a peace agreement...they cannot simply be forgiven for this treachery, what do we tell to the families of the martyred security personnel...they were killed by Peaceful Taliban for protecting their motherland?

Withdrawing on part of TTP does not mean squat as far as peaceful intent is concerned...they advanced till the State mobilized its troops and then are withdrawing as a result of impending action...they are not withdrawing out of any wish for peace...otherwise they would not have attacked and spilled blood in the first place.

TTP killed security personnel in their takeover of Buner after a peace agreement...they cannot simply be forgiven for this treachery, what do we tell to the families of the martyred security personnel...they were killed by Peaceful Taliban for protecting their motherland?

I for one say, attack and crush them now...

This might be a good way to analyze thier infrastructure .. I do not think they can blend in this time .. They will suffer massive losses due to their brazen antics.. They cannot even unwrap a candy let alone run a department. If they were smarter they would have taken full advantage of a good situation they had. Alas Animals are what animals do. Well executed or so it seems.

Why would an operation start when the taliban have started to evacuate Buner and have also agreed not to publicly display weapons.

Pusgumar,

Yes we do have special forces, like India we have a host of Special forces depending on the role required, it would be foolish to try and list them all. Just Google Pakistan SSG or have a look in Land Forces section of this fourm.

Back to the topic at hand, i feel that PA should be deployed in the area as FC is not equipped to fight CI or conduct MOUT, whereas PA is trained to do so following on from Bajur.

Then the better option should be equip them with better weapons to deal with Taliban and keep Army in the borders of Afghan to stop infiltration across border and in Indian borders too . Any permanent place for Army in Civilian Area with more power is very bad !!

thank god we take some serious action against them they will never stop we have to stop them

I dont know why we have supporters of Talibans in Pakistan, like Imran Khan!!
We all know what is the agenda of talibans, we all know from where they are getting funds!!
Govt has said that Pakistan is spending $6-8bn annually on war on terror, and ISPR has sain several times that talibans have more weapons and they are using more advanced weapons, even pak army doesnt have that type of weapons!!
So, from where they are getting fundings?? Talibans have no business and no work!
They would not burning the schools if they were muslim pakistani, and LeT is like NGO in pakistan they are working for welfare of pakistani, do u know when india was targeting LeT, pakistani hindus started protests against india, and they were chanting slogans that LeT is pure welfare organization!!

And talibans are trying to fininsh them!!
I know we are not true muslims!!
But atleast we are better then the 8 lac indian army in kashmir, so why taliban dont help local kashimiri peoples??

Back
Top Bottom