What's new

Pakistan conducts test of Shaheen 3 missiles - ISPR .

Pakistan says test-fire of medium-range missile a success

Wed, January 20, 2021, 8:11 PM

ISLAMABAD (AP) — Pakistan on Wednesday successfully test-fired a surface-to-surface ballistic missile with a range of 2,750 kilometers (about 1,700 miles), the military said.
In a statement, it said the launch of the medium-range Shaheen-III missile was aimed at “re-validating various design and technical parameters of the weapon system." The statement didn't say whether the missile was capable of carrying nuclear warheads, although Pakistan has previously said the missile had such a capability.
The military did not say where the missile was fired from, but such tests are often conducted by Pakistan in the Arabian sea.
President Asrif Alvi and Prime Minister Imran Khan congratulated scientists and the military over the successful missile test.

Pakistan's nuclear and missile program is primarily aimed at countering threats from neighboring India, which routinely conducts missile tests. Both nations have nuclear arms and have fought two of their three wars over Kashmir since gaining independence from Britain in 1947. The disputed Himalayan region is split between them and claimed by both in its entirety.
Desert Fox 1, post: 12920273, member: 200434"]
Great news. Ababeel? . Source?
[/QUOTE]

Learned that Shaheen 3 is Mac 18+. Indians used to go gaga on brahmoos having a speed of Mac 4.4

Congratulations Pakistan. Your sincere efforts to establish peace are bringing fruits.

I wanna see an anti ship version of the shaheen series. Something we can test on IN carriers

Learned that Shaheen 3 is Mac 18+. Indians used to go gaga on brahmoos having a speed of Mac 4.4

Congratulations Pakistan. Your sincere efforts to establish peace are bringing fruits.

There was a informative discussion here a while back that any object travelling at that speed, the ABM radars who are meant to pickup such projectiles become useless. Not sure what is the current status is though.

Ballistic missile vs cruise missile. Agni V's max speed is ~Mach 23. Not that it really matters. Babur is still superior to Brahmos.

Ballistic missile vs cruise missile. Agni V's max speed is ~Mach 23. Not that it really matters. Babur is still superior to Brahmos.

some say Shaheen 3 is mach-18 some say mach-22, ISPR leaves a lot on guess work

Has anyone seen visuals of the missile hitting its intended target in the Arabian Sea? Just asking because my trust on these official statements is generally low to the same level as PTV when it tells you the same wet weather conditions in Malakamd Division for the last 50 years

Has anyone seen visuals of the missile hitting its intended target in the Arabian Sea? Just asking because my trust on these official statements is generally low to the same level as PTV when it tells you the same wet weather conditions in Malakamd Division for the last 50 years
if someone ask such questions agriculture department take him to visit northern areas

I'm dismayed when people ask and complain that why Pakistan doesn't test an ICBM.
Why do you need a weapon that flies over your enemy's head, why not the one that strikes in it's heart.
Testing an ICBM at this stage will have some serious complications, which we don't want at this time.

They could have simply said that it was a successful test but the fact that those responsible pointed out that it specifically hit a target in the sea makes it credible but then all depends how you see it.

I am not sure whether the specifications mentioned in the attached video are authentic or otherwise but nevertheless seems interesting specially max attainable ceiling is 692 km.

Source:
Thats more then the altitude required to put a satellite in LEO. Whats stopping us from strapping one on top of this missile and launching our own satellite?

I think u placed couple of extra macs here.

Any thing going above mac 21 will leave the earth's orbit for space

I think u placed couple of extra macs here.

Any thing going above mac 21 will leave the earth's orbit for space
In the terminal phase, where it drops down to earth from an altitude of 100s of kms, it hits Mach 23-24. That sounds reasonable to me.

Also, are we going to put our missiles in canisters like the rest of the world (including Indians) are? For those who don't know, missiles are placed inside canisters to preserve them for years while keeping them ready for launch.

In the terminal phase, where it drops down to earth from an altitude of 100s of kms, it hits Mach 23-24. That sounds reasonable to me.

Also, are we going to put our missiles in canisters like the rest of the world (including Indians) are? For those who don't know, missiles are placed inside canisters to preserve them for years while keeping them ready for launch.

Its a novel idea. I m sure something an be arranged

Back
Top Bottom