What's new

Pakistan conducts successful training launch of surface to surface ballistic missile Ghaznavi

Every missile has a shelf life, after which it requires re-fueling and after refueling you do a test launch besides the engine test that happens in labs. Meanwhile the research on fuel also continues and every new batch might be refueled with newer fuel mix that may enhance the shelf life, speed and range.
solid is not need being for refueling, and if you fill that with new fuel mix and enhance speed and range you need to build entirely new missiles

Solid fuel also has a shelf life and needs to be replaced after a certain time.
All air to air missile need to be refueled after a certain time.
The term refueling is not just limited to liquid fuel.

solid is not need being for refueling, and if you fill that with new fuel mix and enhance speed and range you need to build entirely new missiles

Don't know if I should even
be asking this, but was that a silo launch or from a TEL?
The video was taken from a distance so it could be a silo of some type. Especially since the preliminary ejection rocket motor flare is visible, as it kicks in throwing the missile clear of the silo before the main rocket motor ignites.

This is interesting because most of the test launches we have seen have been from open air pads such as used for civilian satellite launches.

Solid fuel also has a shelf life and needs to be replaced after a certain time.
All air to air missile need to be refueled after a certain time.
The term refueling is not just limited to liquid fuel.
Yes you're right, but why can you assume that through a new fuel mix lets say Ghaznavi is able to increase its range and speed???, new fuel mix doesn't add up anything new for range and speed
Don't know if I should even
be asking this, but was that a silo launch or from a TEL?
The video was taken from a distance so it could be a silo of some type. Especially since the preliminary ejection rocket motor flare is visible, as it kicks in throwing the missile clear of the silo before the main rocket motor ignites.

This is interesting because most of the test launches we have seen have been from open air pads such as used for civilian satellite launches.
No we haven't any silo yet, and silo is expensive to built and maintain, most probably from TEL or open air launch pad

Congratulations Pakistan. I reckon training launches serve many purposes on top of exercises and that can include shelf-life validation, navigational systems and improved/evasive flight trajectories.

300 KM range is enough for its purpose. India could not lift its head up after losing just two jets to Pakistan. Imagine what this baby would do to them.

We need TVC motor engine technology for our missiles... Anyone knows if pak working on this system or already have??

We need TVC motor engine technology for our missiles... Anyone knows if pak working on this system or already have??
aren't the Shaheen series missiles' final stages equipped with TVC motors?

There's nothing super fancy about TVC. Most ballistic missiles (except the smallest and most basic) have some form of TVC.

Here's Ghaznavi displayed at IDEAS 2012 with jet vanes in the exhaust:
20210204_131306.jpg

I am 90% sure even Ghauri has TVC.

There's nothing super fancy about TVC. Most ballistic missiles (except the smallest and most basic) have some form of TVC.

Here's Ghaznavi displayed at IDEAS 2012 with jet vanes in the exhaust:
View attachment 713399

I am 90% sure even Ghauri has TVC.
I think he was referring to gimbaled engine.

I think he was referring to gimbaled engine.
yeah its also possible when going into upper atmosphere how can it steer on correct trajectories, i think all Pakistani BMs have gimbaled nozzles as well as retro rocket of some kind to stay on correct trajectories

Congratulations Pakistan. I reckon training launches serve many purposes on top of exercises and that can include shelf-life validation, navigational systems and improved/evasive flight trajectories.

300 KM range is enough for its purpose. India could not lift its head up after losing just two jets to Pakistan. Imagine what this baby would do to them.

The range is sufficient to hit crucial enemy targets beyond the front where reserve invasion forces will have massed to support a breakthrough into our defenses.

As a comparison to a missile of an earlier era.
During World War 2 primitive German V2 missiles with approximately the same range ( 300 km) and warhead capacity ( 1000 kg ) were used against Allied forces in Antwerp and London. These missiles were very inaccurate and the concept of Circular Error of Probability had not even been determined then. Even then the V2s were lethal. Almost 2800 people were killed in London alone. A total of 9000 civilian, and Military deaths were recorded due to V2 attacks in Europe and UK. Those V2s could not be stopped.

Even though modern anti-missile defenses could stop most 1st Generation missiles ( Example: Iraqi Scud missiles being intercepted by M104 Patriot systems ) it would be more difficult to stop a Ghaznavi.
We do know a little how the Scud B
missiles were stopped.

1. Destroying them in the launch preparations phase while on the TELs.

2. Destroying them in the boost phase. Not sure how effective this was.,

3. Destroying Scud warheads as they approached the target.

A comparison:
Being solid fueled, far less preparation and time is needed for the firing cycle ; thus destroying the missile in it's pre-launch positioning mode ( on the TEL) is less easy. The TELs would have a "shoot and scoot ability".
Shooting down in the boost phase is also difficult on account of a higher speed, and much smaller flight time.
The best option for a Patriot or S-300 system would be to try to destroy the warheads.,
The Ghaznavi warhead would likely have some maneuvering ability, making intercepts difficult, and if nuclear likely to detonate in an air burst if tracked and approached by an intercepting missile.,

The above is obviously conjecture as there is less information on how the Ghaznavi actually works.

The Ghaznavi serves an important role as just one of the suite of several types missiles that will be used to retaliate against an enemy missile strike.

Last edited:
Routine Test to check various parameters.

Still, expecting something like abbabeel 1 OR 2 Test

There are a lot of parameters that need to be tested, and it is on-going.
One more another thing Chinese BeiDou Navigation System Could Totally Replace American GPS For The Pakistan Army? This may be the answer.

Back
Top Bottom