What's new

Pakistan conducts a successful test flight of indigenously developed Fatah-1, Guided Multi Launch Rocket System

Pakistan can buy some in case of any immediate need then ToT can be done.

We need them in large numbers 500+ to defend both eastern and western borders. It’s better to develop somethings similar to reduce the cost per unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole purpose of such long-range MLRS is to take down enemy assets like bridges, battle formations, etc. without the usage of airpower. The enemy will be forced to take down those MLRS as soon as possible which will lure them for air to ground strike. Raphael can be the best air-to-air fighter but for a moving target on the ground, it needs to get close to it which will be a very high-risk operation. Pakistan specifically mentions that these are conventional guided rockets that provide them the freedom to use without escalating the threat ladder to SRBMs. Avoiding the use of SRBM is a necessity as both sides don't know which kind of warhead they are carrying. In the long run, Indians have to develop similar capabilities or invest heavily in SHORADS to have a fighting chance.

Yet on every battlefield their system get smashed

Yep, it's incredible how some Pakistanis rage on about the S-400 more than the Indians...The intercept range is less than the stated 400km, that's the maximum range, and any system will never have a 100 accuracy ratio the same way through every Km, it's the same for air to air missiles.
Besides just where has there been a successful intercept of a major missile system by the S-400 in hostile conditions? There hasn't
How well did it do in Syria, the Israelis ran circles around it, the USAF tomahawks went clean through.
I know the Russians stated that the systems were not intended to defend Syrian infrastructure, but this seems more like a get out clause i.e. if they claimed it was switched on and couldn't take down US missiles it would have been a major embarrassment. It may be opinion based but I don't believe the Russians would have forgone an opportunity to down a US/Israeli missile, as the publicity generated would have been immense, with many nations wanting the system.

Last edited:
Yep, it's incredible how some Pakistanis rage on about the S-400 more than the Indians...The intercept range is less than the stated 400km, that's the maximum range, and any system will never have a 100 accuracy ratio the same way through every Km, it's the same for air to air missiles.
Besides just where has there been a successful intercept of a major missile system by the S-400 in hostile conditions? There hasn't
How well did it to in Syria, the Israelis ran circles around it, the USAF tomahawks went clean through.
I know the Russians stated that the systems were not intended to defend Syrian infrastructure, but this seems more like a get out clause i.e. if they claimed it was switched on and couldn't take down US missiles it would have been a major embarrassment. It may be opinion based but I don't believe the Russians would have forgone an opportunity to down a US/Israeli missile, as the publicity generated would have been immense, with many nations wanting the system.
Very well put.

We need them in large numbers 500+ to defend both eastern and western borders. It’s better to develop somethings similar to reduce the cost per unit.

We would need 100 systems max. Dont forget the guided rockets are pretty cheap to develop we can make 100,000s of them :D

Well I don't have any knowledge of military tactics. But one thing is quite sure there are always two approaches to counter an enemy capability.

To have similar capabilities
or an effective counter capability that negates other sides capability.

A MBRLS with such a range is particularly desired for attacking enemy infrastructure.

In such a scenario your enemy is always at risk when it deployed any of it's system with in 100 KM of borders.

What this means is that either enemy systems now lack its maximum capacity range. or other wise it will bear sufficient damage in preemptive or counter attack.

In both cases the result is limiting enemy capability. Which is the real success.

These are similar systems. Belarus may have gotten the tech or support from China. Also Azerbaijan has bought MLRS from Belarus.

I said to develop similar system with range mentioned above. Maybe you need to refresh your English.
Mujhay bhi pata hai kay same systems hain, its a Joint Belarussian-Chinese venture , co developed by both. lekin dono systems ka tels different hain aur customers bhi.
The chinese then later on made the M-20 tactical missile for it and the give a tot for assembly to belarus.
Its in service with Ethiopia & Qatar as well . Qatar has the M-20 while Ethiopia has both standard and M-20.
What i'm simply saying is that if youre posting pics of polonez then post pics of polonez not its chinese version .

Mujhay bhi pata hai kay same systems hain, its a Joint Belarussian-Chinese venture , co developed by both. lekin dono systems ka tels different hain aur customers bhi.
The chinese then later on made the M-20 tactical missile for it and the give a tot for assembly to belarus.
Its in service with Ethiopia & Qatar as well . Qatar has the M-20 while Ethiopia has both standard and M-20.
What i'm simply saying is that if youre posting pics of polonez then post pics of polonez not its chinese version .

This is not a kindergarten class where things have to be explained in boxed. It’s for adults to discuss serious issues. You will just have to read between the lines. For example, if I say that we need to develop medium weight fighter program similar to typhoon and Rafael, I’m talking about the capability of the platform not a particular design.

Problem with bombing india is theres nothing worth bombing

It’s all low value targets

best thing to do might be to target the dams

You sure about that ?
How 'bout their few functioning public toilets.
I think we need only a battery or two of these guided rockets to take out whatever little they have...
No ??

Last edited:
Few of My observations about responses from Pakistani members:

- I believe this Fatah-1 is not developed to respond any of the version of Pinaka or Smerch MLRS in Indian inventory, but IF anything is relatively equivalent to this in India in the class of tactical level missiles with multiple launch capability or GMLRS then it is Prahaar Missile with 150 KM range and India Army is seeking its more extended range version, so any Pakistani member who is considering that Pakistan has taken lead in terms of range over India in MLRS or GMLRS field then he is slightly wrong.

- We now have just disclosed our capability to announce the restoration of balance in this field before India put extended range version of Prahaar Missile in use.

- Secondly it is also NOT a Response to S-400, it is my assumption that Pakistan will respond S-400 deployment with short range missile capable to be launched in depressed trajectory something similar to Russian Iskander Missile

Bro prahaar is a short ranged battlefield ballistic missile.
Fatah 1 is an MLRS.
If we indeed want something like prahar we have 2 options
Increase range of Nasr
or
Develop a multi launch platform for the older hatf series.

Good news, more enemy targets come into range, as well as the ability to saturate assault air defences.

The Soviets had Stalin's Organ;

Pakistan has it's organ as well.
Katyusha had a scary scary sound. One of the most terrifying weapon of the world war 2.

Back
Top Bottom