What's new

Pakistan Civil Aviation | Information & News.

you are right about the 2007 bit here a clip from 2007 , but i still wont believe that pia was in grave situations in 2005-2006 i would use your own quoted values B777-200ER – $43.0 – 118.0M, $450-950,000 certainly LR would be much more expencive, so how was it afforded ???

jeez man numbers on internet are just numbers! they are just a list price.
Airlines get discounts all the time.
PIA probably got a deal or discount when it became the launch customer for 777-200LR.
That aircraft was used quite a lot before it was hand over to PIA.
It was probably much cheaper than its listed price!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have merged the PIA order thread with the Civil Aviation sticky.

Construction work at BBIA steps up | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

ISLAMABAD - The ongoing construction work for the provision of various facilities in the terminal building of the new Benazir Bhutto International Airport (BBIA), some 30 km off southeast of the federal capital, was stepped up on Sunday to make it operational by 2014. The work on signage, counters, seating, trolleys, furniture and resource centres in the passengers’ terminal building was likely to be completed by the end of this year. An official of the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) said on Sunday that prequalification of contractors and firms financially and technically capable of supplying and installing the furniture, counters and signage was under process. He said bids for work would be invited after completion of prequalification process. The official said that runway of the airport had already been completed while passengers terminal buildings, air traffic control tower and residential blocks were being completed at a very fast pace. New BBIA, located in Attock’s Fateh Jang area, some 30 km southwest of the federal capital, is expected to be completed and operational by 2014.
The project, after completion, would be the first Greenfield Airport of the country with state-of-the-art facilities for around 25 million domestic and international passengers per annum. According to the official, the new airport would replace the existing one. At present, the BBIA was handling some 18 airlines and most of the international commercial flights operated at morning time which caused rush and delays. He, however, expressed confidence that the new airport would spread over 3,600 acres and would not only serve the twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi but also the adjoining provinces of Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The estimated cost is around $300 million and the new airport facility would comprise a contemporary state-of-the-art passenger terminal building, control tower, runway in addition to a secondary runway, taxiways, apron and cargo complex.

ALHAMDULILLAH :pakistan:

My Jeppesen charts arrived today. Here's the one for N Pak and Lahore FIR. You can see the intl entry points and high altitude airways.

Sadly, It seems Pakistan ATC doesn't have CPDLC.

npak.jpg

I'll add Karachi FIR later

My Jeppesen charts arrived today. Here's the one for N Pak and Lahore FIR. You can see the intl entry points and high altitude airways.

Sadly, It seems Pakistan ATC doesn't have CPDLC.

npak.jpg

I'll add Karachi FIR later

I couldn't spot Lahore in this chart...Sialkot, Islamabad, Peshawar, Srinagar....no Lahore.

BTW, couple this with flight radar 24, and you become an observing ATC!!!

I couldn't spot Lahore in this chart...Sialkot, Islamabad, Peshawar, Srinagar....no Lahore.

Sorry, I missed it of whilst cropping.

A zoom in of Lahore here:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Karachi FIR here:

And finally Karachi zoomed in a little:

I needed to update and buy some new charts for Europe as I'm going to be flying a cirrus around with a friend this summer. When I was doing my shopping for charts, I saw the Mid-East and Asia packages (normally in excess of $600) on special offer for a lot less so I bought them.

Sorry, I missed it of whilst cropping.

A zoom in of Lahore here:

Karachi FIR here:

And finally Karachi zoomed in a little:

I needed to update and buy some new charts for Europe as I'm going to be flying a cirrus around with a friend this summer. When I was doing my shopping for charts, I saw the Mid-East and Asia packages (normally in excess of $600) on special offer for a lot less so I bought them.

You a casual flyer?

BTW, do you know about waypoint OLPER...while approaching Muscat. Do you have any charts of Muscat or Dubai.

Are there any sites for this online, and free?

You a casual flyer?

Yes sir. I have about 482hrs total time, mostly in cirrus aircraft. Fortunately for me, a friend's dad owns a 33% share in a cirrus 20.
All I have to pay for is the fuel and insurance. :woot:

Yes sir. I have about 482hrs total time, mostly in cirrus aircraft. Fortunately for me, a friend's dad owns a 33% share in a cirrus 20.
All I have to pay for is the fuel and insurance. :woot:

So where do you fly mostly?

Wanting to be a commercial pilot or anything...or is it only a hobby.

So where do you fly mostly?

Wanting to be a commercial pilot or anything...or is it only a hobby.

I mostly fly around the UK and Northern France.

The Cirrus will be free for us to use this summer so we're planning a UK-France-Spain-France-Italy-Switzerland-Germany-France-UK trip.

If we've got time we plan on Austria too.

It's just a hobby, albeit an expensive one. I'm young and single at the moment so I ought to make the most of my time (and money!);)

I mostly fly around the UK and Northern France.

The Cirrus will be free for us to use this summer so we're planning a UK-France-Spain-France-Italy-Switzerland-Germany-France-UK trip.

If we've got time we plan on Austria too.

It's just a hobby, albeit an expensive one. I'm young and single at the moment so I ought to make the most of my time (and money!);)

Hmmm...happy flying..

BTW, do you know about waypoint OLPER...while approaching Muscat. Do you have any charts of Muscat or Dubai.

Are there any sites for this online, and free?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that area. I couldn't find waypoint OLPER but I did find ALPOR between karachi and muscat. See here:

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3118/42529157.jpg

Jeppesen charts are a subscription service. The better organised civil aviation authorities sometime have the their own charts available on-line. Most countries in Europe publish their charts free online, example see the UK here:

NATS | AIS - Home

I only bought the Jeppesen charts as I prefer their layout.

I do have the approach plates for muscat and dubai. Which runway approach would you prefer for Dubai?

Back
Top Bottom