What's new

Pakistan, China ‘keen to get hands on leaked subs documents’

No You can't. Only a small portion of docs have been released. A slightly larger redacted portion is hinted at and rest in wraps.

@PARIKRAMA - Leak is very serious - I spoke to 5 navy officers through the day (all of them my batchmates in school) and all of whom were despondent.

They said that the technical manual itself is highly protected and provides a huge hint to capabilities of the sub. This being released itself is a travesty and we dont know what else was stolen.

I wonder how you got the information that DM says nothing sensitive is out?

P.S. They were also irritated at how DCNS falsely tried to shift the blame to India in the beginning.
i said if you know where to look. now the docs were sent to a country in asia before being sent to austrailia. how many times do you think they exchanged hands before they were sent to some journalist ? dark pool sites would have them by now.

now the paper that first broke the news said the docs contained the following

• The stealth capabilities of the six new Indian Scorpene submarines

• The frequencies at which the subs gather intelligence

• The levels of noise the subs make at various speeds

• Diving depths, range and endurance

• Magnetic, electromagnetic and infra-red data

• Specifications of the submarine’s torpedo launch system and the combat system

• Speed and conditions needed for using the periscope

• Propeller’s noise specifications

• Radiated noise levels when the submarine surfaces

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...k=83bf05ab7015d3fb7d5fce145dac945d-1472157019

i said if you know where to look. now the docs were sent to a country in asia before being sent to austrailia. how many times do you think they exchanged hands before they were sent to some journalist ? dark pool sites would have them by now.

now the paper that first borke the news said the docs contained the following

• The stealth capabilities of the six new Indian Scorpene submarines

• The frequencies at which the subs gather intelligence

• The levels of noise the subs make at various speeds

• Diving depths, range and endurance

• Magnetic, electromagnetic and infra-red data

• Specifications of the submarine’s torpedo launch system and the combat system

• Speed and conditions needed for using the periscope

• Propeller’s noise specifications

• Radiated noise levels when the submarine surfaces

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...k=83bf05ab7015d3fb7d5fce145dac945d-1472157019

Sure that is a risk. I thought you meant by if you know where to look that you might know where they are and thereby access it.

May be intelligence brokers have access but they wont sell for free and will charge handsomely.

Hilarious! @Nilgiri

This is what will happen to @The Sandman if he puts a foot in here.... but will most likely end in a cell located deep in the alps in an unknown location.... and only God would know what would happen to him next. :P

Maybe you frenchies can take some notes on how its done:

An Indian lady comment on indian website I liked and wanted to share.......

Nobody knows what's going to happen now. This is so unprecedented, I'm sure the Navy brass, and everyone in South Block is running helter-skelter trying to find a way to manage the damage this has caused. The first step, I guess would be to assess how compromising the leak is. As in, can the Navy live with certain devaluation in capability while evolving tactics and operations to remain an effective force? If not, can the subs be redesigned at a reasonable cost to mitigate the effects of the leak? Or would it be better off cancelling the program and eating whatever costs have been incurred till date?

If the decision to cancel the whole program is taken, what alternatives does India have? My guess is that the Lada-class submarine, built in Russian yards, will appear very attractive. The Russian submarine program was allowed to continue with near-Soviet levels of funding for years after the collapse of the USSR, and it shows. Their latest gear is very impressive.

The Japanese might decide to throw a monkey wrench into works and offer the Soryu to India. Who knows? They're smarting from their loss in Australia, and they might view India as a saving grace of sorts. In parallel, India will have no choice but to expand the languid Arihant program as well.

But coming back to my point, cancellation would surely be on the table. The French aren't helping with their snooty attitude. Their indiscretion in trying to shift the blame on India is bound to backfire on them. They haven't exactly endeared themselves with the MoD by first deliberately delaying the transfer of technology for the Scorpene and then making remarks implying that they'd never sell technology as advanced as the Barracuda to India -- even if the latter was done to secure the Aussie deal. If the Scorpene is cancelled, you can bet that the Rafale will be a no-go as well. The French will effectively be blackballed from Indian military acquisition programs for years.

In the meantime, I'm sure the fine folks at the Pentagon and at Rosobornexport are rubbing their hands in glee and in anticipation of what's to come.

The other possibility, of course, is that India would dismiss the leak as unimportant and brush the whole thing under the carpet. Issue some anodyne statements and get some reports in the media about how this doesn't really affect the Navy's ability to wage war. It would be nonsense, but it will keep the program on track; and within a few years, when all is forgotten, will help convey the appearance of strength. Which works well-enough for India with it's defensive strategic posture.

Sure that is a risk. I thought you meant by if you know where to look that you might know where they are and thereby access it.

May be intelligence brokers have access but they wont sell for free and will charge handsomely.
oh yeah if you know where to look that is. remember the 99% of the internet is "dark" pool info sharing sites have them. and when i say sites i mean one site has it. they got it in 9 hours ago from a dude from "sea" ( work that out)
usually they are into this kind of things where they get docs for old stuff, from the altar designs to the hull designs of south korean ships, and other "things" i dont really go there at all but it was a few places i knew of. how i knew the place?..... uni days. i helped with their security/encryption.
im confidant you wont find it but heres a clue you can beat yourself up with is "sea".

theres no such thing as a "intelligence broker." but one thing is for sure. the military of a foreign country were one of the first people to get their hands on this. thats all i could get.

blue marlin......such a funny name..........

An Indian lady comment on indian website I liked and wanted to share.......

Nobody knows what's going to happen now. This is so unprecedented, I'm sure the Navy brass, and everyone in South Block is running helter-skelter trying to find a way to manage the damage this has caused. The first step, I guess would be to assess how compromising the leak is. As in, can the Navy live with certain devaluation in capability while evolving tactics and operations to remain an effective force? If not, can the subs be redesigned at a reasonable cost to mitigate the effects of the leak? Or would it be better off cancelling the program and eating whatever costs have been incurred till date?

If the decision to cancel the whole program is taken, what alternatives does India have? My guess is that the Lada-class submarine, built in Russian yards, will appear very attractive. The Russian submarine program was allowed to continue with near-Soviet levels of funding for years after the collapse of the USSR, and it shows. Their latest gear is very impressive.

The Japanese might decide to throw a monkey wrench into works and offer the Soryu to India. Who knows? They're smarting from their loss in Australia, and they might view India as a saving grace of sorts. In parallel, India will have no choice but to expand the languid Arihant program as well.

But coming back to my point, cancellation would surely be on the table. The French aren't helping with their snooty attitude. Their indiscretion in trying to shift the blame on India is bound to backfire on them. They haven't exactly endeared themselves with the MoD by first deliberately delaying the transfer of technology for the Scorpene and then making remarks implying that they'd never sell technology as advanced as the Barracuda to India -- even if the latter was done to secure the Aussie deal. If the Scorpene is cancelled, you can bet that the Rafale will be a no-go as well. The French will effectively be blackballed from Indian military acquisition programs for years.

In the meantime, I'm sure the fine folks at the Pentagon and at Rosobornexport are rubbing their hands in glee and in anticipation of what's to come.

The other possibility, of course, is that India would dismiss the leak as unimportant and brush the whole thing under the carpet. Issue some anodyne statements and get some reports in the media about how this doesn't really affect the Navy's ability to wage war. It would be nonsense, but it will keep the program on track; and within a few years, when all is forgotten, will help convey the appearance of strength. Which works well-enough for India with it's defensive strategic posture.

Indian lady?? I am surprised to know that an Indian lady has so much of interest in defence, don't even know any defence reporter either.

Can you help me find the source?

Back
Top Bottom